Pride in rough water

spotte

I saw a post on Facebook from someone on the Pride that said they were in very rough water and water coming on. Has anyone heard anything from anyone on board?  Just wondering what’s going on with the Pride. 

Rough seas and lots of rain and lots of wind pushing that rain in through the doors to the outside.  Nothing they've not seen before.  They'll set up giant fans to dry it out tonight and those getting on tomorrow probably won't even be able to tell. 

• Like 2

Out of curiosity I pulled up windy.com and it looks like the tropical system Pride has to get through on her way to port has maximum winds in the mid 30 knot range, so nothing real horrible.  Hopefully everyone that needs it took their sea-sickness pills this morning.

Edited by groundloop

Hi!!! I’m on the Pride right now. It’s rough for sure, but everyone I’ve seen is handing it well. They closed deck 3 for a while due to flooding. My only complaint is I can’t make good use of my drink package today because I can’t handle over indulging on top of sea sickness. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CruiseesiurC said:

Hi!!! I’m on the Pride right now. It’s rough for sure, but everyone I’ve seen is handing it well. They closed deck 3 for a while due to flooding. My only complaint is I can’t make good use of my drink package today because I can’t handle over indulging on top of sea sickness. 

Good luck to you guys tonight!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CruiseesiurC said:

Every man for himself!  😁 🏴‍☠️

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, KmomChicago said:

Knocking me out is one of the few ways to shut me up. 

Yeah, I was speechless when she got knocked up! 

Hope you guys have a great trip. We've been lucky for the most part with both waves and weather. I'm definitely interested in sailing from new ports. We've only done Miami, Tampa, FLL, SJU, and Seattle. Galveston and NOLA    

coming up will be new for us. Would love to try NYC sometime. We spent Christmas break in NYC and Boston a few times.

9 minutes ago, mondello said:

Yeah, I was speechless when she got knocked up! 

Hope you guys have a great trip. We've been lucky for the most part with both waves and weather. I'm definitely interested in sailing from new ports. We've only done Miami, Tampa, FLL, SJU, and Seattle. Galveston and NOLA    

coming up will be new for us. Would love to try NYC sometime. We spent Christmas break in NYC and Boston a few times.

That kind of news often leaves everyone involved speechless except for the occasional dumb question, "how could this have happened?"

That time of year we are prepared for weather to be an issue, as it was for us on Carnival Sensation in January 2018, and for the drive on both ends as well.  Already have calculated our earliest and latest possible departures from home to get either ahead of, or behind, a storm, as the case may be. Obviously a 3-day nonstop blizzard will kill us but we'd be in good company as such an event might delay all the passengers and lead to cancellation of the cruise. On the back end we can stay in Baltimore a few days if conditions are bad for driving home. We'll park in the garage at port rather than messing around with shuttles offsite which hopefully will keep us from having to dig out of a week's worth of white stuff. 

As Princess Cays was cancelled on our 2018 cruise, I suppose we'd better be prepared to lose Half Moon Cay if conditions don't allow us to tender. Thanks for the notice, will keep all this in mind. 

You enjoy your cruise as well.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KmomChicago said:

We'll park in the garage at port rather than messing around with shuttles offsite which hopefully will keep us from having to dig out of a week's worth of white stuff. 

Parking at the port is very close to the terminal, you can see your car from the lido deck!  But it is all outdoors, so you may have to dig out upon returning.  We cruised from Baltimore once in January and luckily were fine but the cruise right after us returned following a major snowstorm and had to deal with snowy cars.

• Like 1

We have also had some rough seas heading home on the Pride on previous cruises.  We generally take some motion sickness meds of some sort and also grab a few green apples from the buffet (seems to help).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

Been on the Pride many times. This seems to be the normal Cruise Happening on this ship. This can happen anytime and anywhere. Cruise and enjoy the time!!!

Always seems to be worse on the way back too

3 hours ago, newpherchris said:

I can't steal this to use on a friend quickly enough... 😛

6 hours ago, mondello said:

Dramamine for the drama queen?

She's a killer queen

gunpowder, gelatine

dynamite with a laser beam

dramamine for a drama queen

guarateed to blow your mind

anytime

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mondello said:

She's a killer queen

gunpowder, gelatine

dynamite with a laser beam

dramamine for a drama queen

guarateed to blow your mind

anytime

Sure, go ahead and add a little creative license to one of my favorite classic band's breakout hit.

1 minute ago, KmomChicago said:

Sure, go ahead and add a little creative license to one of my favorite classic band's breakout hit.

Saw them live a few times. Had front row once and was slipped some downers while drinking Lambrusco. Got sick and thrown out! Saw Night At The Opera tour in a small auditorium, too.

Rock is dead, long live rock!

• Like 1