stock holder obc

bschmitt

Thanks for asking this question @bschmitt - wasn't aware of this benefit.  This seems to be applicable to most sailings an average person might make from what I can read in the terms.

https://www.rclinvestor.com/contact-us/faqs/shareholder-benefit/

For those that take advantage of this, is that largely the case? Pretty easy to leverage?

I applied today, but I got $35 obc from wow. I'm wondering myself if I have a issue. I tried to do 5 all together but the form keeps crashing so I sent them one at a time.

This is the form but it crashes if you submit more than one.

https://rclshareholderbenefit.questionpro.com/

Edited by firefly333

34 minutes ago, bschmitt said:

Does Royal Caribbean still give OBC for stock holders?

Shareholderbenefit@rccl.com

$100 OBC with at least 100 shares shown on recent statement.

I just black out what they shouldn’t see.

Usually posts to your reservation in a couple days.

Edited by suss1234
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Has anyone received an email confirmation showing the OBC was applied?

If not, does anyone have a phone number or email to "shareholder's benefits" to confirm?

Thank you.

I only got an email from them saying that one of my cruises was not eligible for the OBC. THe rest were just added to my cruise planner.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bellfree Bat said:

I only got an email from them saying that one of my cruises was not eligible for the OBC. THe rest were just added to my cruise planner.

That's what I'm worried about. I'll give up the $35 from wow sale for $100 obc if necessary. 

1 hour ago, suss1234 said:

Shareholderbenefit@rccl.com

$100 OBC with at least 100 shares shown on recent statement.

I just black out what they shouldn’t see.

Usually posts to your reservation in a couple days.

I just checked my online brokerage statement. It's 14 pages. Can I just submit the page with the RCL shares (and black out anything other than that)?

21 minutes ago, emeraldcity said:

I just checked my online brokerage statement. It's 14 pages. Can I just submit the page with the RCL shares (and black out anything other than that)?

Yes.

Just make sure that your name and account info also are visible.  (name of brokerage)

Just now, emeraldcity said:

One more question ... how early before a cruise do you suggest submitting the form? I have cruises coming up in December, January and February.

You can do it now.  Just be sure that your statement is no older than 3 months from the day you submit.

5 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Generally speaking (at least in the past), they would give you the decreased amount.  (i.e., $65)

Ok if they gave me another $65, so $100 total that's fine, just didnt want a big argument over getting my $100 stock obc.

The wow sale said $50 obc available, then as soon as I put in solo it turned to $35 obc went on the booking. One i put in for has 0 obc. Guess they all wind up $100 obc total. Hopefully that's what they do.

Thanks

12 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

If not, does anyone have a phone number or email to "shareholder's benefits" to confirm?

Thank you.

Log into your cruise planner. The OBC will show at the top-right of the page. I honestly don't know if I received an email notification (I think I did) regarding the OBC. It showed in my cruise planner after a couple days

12 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Thank you.

I email my request with the brokerage statement attached and always receive a return email stating it was applied. 
As cruiseguy said, it also shows up as a credit in your cruise planner as soon as it’s approved. 

Edited by RosieRoo

1 of my trips it took about 1 week to show in my planner. My other trip took about 2 weeks to show.

So i would recommend putting in your paperwork ASAP just to get it out of the way. ANytime i book a cruise I immediately fill out paperwork and submit.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Generally speaking (at least in the past), they would give you the decreased amount.  (i.e., $65)

My understanding is the shareholders benefit is now ‘combinable’ with other OBC. I think shareholders told me the change was summer 2019? I was on Adventure of the Seas this last August and received 100% shareholders and OBC from my TA. Shareholders amount was NOT reduced. I also have upcoming January sailing on Navigator with ‘WOW’ OBC and shareholders, shareholders was not reduced by WOW OBC.