Drinks package - likely costs on sailing with 5 sea days out of 9

Tishntez

Hi 

Looking at booking the Vancouver to Hawaii cruise, but hoping to get a better idea of the cost of a drinks package.  It's a 9 day cruise of which 5 are sea days.  I've read the other posts about looking out for sales but as there as so many sea days, I am sceptical that RCL will offer discounts.  Obviously covid makes things harder to predict now, but does anyone have an idea of what I should budget for a drinks package (with and without the gratuities).  I am assuming that the cost will be towards the upper end of the scale $89 + gratuity or am I likely to get something off this in a sale?

thanks        

Drink packages, specifically the Deluxe Beverage Package which includes alcohol, typically always go on sale at some point regardless of number of nights or itinerary.  Best deals can be found around Black Friday (US), which is coming up of course.  But there may be other sales based on other shopping holidays they may have in the UK (since you live in Ireland and probably book on the Royal Caribbean UK site).  Once you book your cruise, you should log into the Cruise Planner once a week and check the price, if it is on sale buy it.  You can also check this forum for posts related to new Cruise Planner sales.  Then keep checking, and if it goes down, cancel it and then re-buy it for the lower amount.  You can cancel anything in the Cruise Planner up to 2 days before sale date for a full refund.  The Deluxe Beverage package can get in to the $40s (rare), but on sale, typically it is in the $50-$70 range.  The key is to keep checking.

Edited by TheBucketLister
  • Like 1

Thanks for the replies, this puts my mind at ease.  I like the ease and certainty of the drinks package but wasn't sure $89+ would be worth it.   Getting something off it, will make it taste sweeter!

Wasn't sure with so many sea days that it would be reduced, but good to know its a possibility.   

• Like 1

As of late, I have not seen any cruises selling deluxe beverage package for less than $58 while “on sale.” My Oasis sailing next month got down to $50 up until about 6 months ago. Now the “sale” price is consistently $58. Which is still a great bargain based on my consumption. 😂

I think the days of paying in the $45 range are long gone, unfortunately. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tishntez said:

Hi 

Looking at booking the Vancouver to Hawaii cruise, but hoping to get a better idea of the cost of a drinks package.  It's a 9 day cruise of which 5 are sea days.  I've read the other posts about looking out for sales but as there as so many sea days, I am sceptical that RCL will offer discounts.  Obviously covid makes things harder to predict now, but does anyone have an idea of what I should budget for a drinks package (with and without the gratuities).  I am assuming that the cost will be towards the upper end of the scale $89 + gratuity or am I likely to get something off this in a sale?

thanks        

We are on the April Honolulu to Vancouver. It has been at $57 for the last few weeks. 

I have a question. I recently purchased the drink package for my cruise but when I go in to check prices it says you have already purchased this so I can’t see what the sale price is, how do you get around that without canceling the package you purchased?

6 minutes ago, Stardancer68 said:

I have a question. I recently purchased the drink package for my cruise but when I go in to check prices it says you have already purchased this so I can’t see what the sale price is, how do you get around that without canceling the package you purchased?

Tap on the drink package and it will show you the price ours went from 50 to 67, also if you see drink package with internet you can subtract about 10 dollars.

20 hours ago, ray985 said:

This analysis shows what people have been seeing the past few months. Looks like both the Vancouver departures and 9-day cruises fall squarely in the mid-range (quite a bit less than $89)

https://cruisespotlight.com/rcl-deluxe-beverage-package-analysis

Interesting article with the different ships and length.  It just shows you how dynamic the pricing is.