PCR test replaced by LFT

Malcolm142

4 hours ago, Baggy178 said:

But surely by doing this so early you have paid for a more expensive PCR Test when now all that is required is a much cheaper LFT ?

No, because I can't order a LFT until the 22nd, and I can't get on my cruise without a completed PLF. 

12 hours ago, majortom10 said:

No you need a PLF filled in 48hrs before start of cruise because you need code from the LFT test that you are taking on day 2 of your arrival home to put onto PLF. This is checked at the port before embarking your cruise.

I think there is some confusion here between submitting the form and registering the form... where does it say that you have to show a completed plf at port before you board say if your travelling on the 22nd  transatlantic cruise. Its all about getting the ref number of day 2 test which you submit 48 hrs before arrival in UK.

10 minutes ago, gandalf1 said:

I think there is some confusion here between submitting the form and registering the form... where does it say that you have to show a completed plf at port before you board say if your travelling on the 22nd  transatlantic cruise. Its all about getting the ref number of day 2 test which you submit 48 hrs before arrival in UK.

I am departing the UK on the 22nd for a Med cruise on Princess, and need to show a completed PLF at Southampton before I can embark. 

Seems pretty clear to me. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tracyjj0 said:

We didn’t order a test before we cruised. I boarded Britannia on 9th and was waiting to see if it changed to lft before we get back on 22nd. P&O don’t require you to have it ordered before letting you board. I was tempted to wait until early hours of 22nd to order lft, but daren’t risk it, so will fill out plf and order pcr some time in the next couple of days, so our tests will be waiting for us when we get home

That's right I see nothing in the p and o policy that you have to show return plf before boarding on the checklist they have provided.

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

I am departing the UK on the 22nd for a Med cruise on Princess, and need to show a completed PLF at Southampton before I can embark. 

Seems pretty clear to me. 

I thought you only have to fill in the PLF form when returning to England, you are no longer required to do this when embarking if you are fully vaccinated.

Just checked my pre return to UK form and no where on the PLF does it give the option if you are going on a cruise to fill in before embarking so I think its down to misinterpretation.

Once you get to input the dates of return you can go no further as it has to be filled 48hrs before.

However would welcome anyone that's sailed in the last few P&O med ones to please confirm if they were asked to show PLF before embarking.

I will be buying my day 2 after the 24th as we don't come fly back till 6th November 2021 and save on having to pay for the costly PCR.

Whole thing is a con and totally confusing and one big money pit!!! 

There is a reply somewhere here detailing how you have to fill in the form if you are using the 19 day before cruise option.

They have not changed the form yet and it is still not clear if the 19 days just applies to cruises starting and returning to Southampton

edit - this might help 

Edited by davecttr

12 minutes ago, gandalf1 said:

Just checked my pre return to UK form and no where on the PLF does it give the option if you are going on a cruise to fill in before embarking so I think its down to misinterpretation.

As I am cruising next Saturday from Southampton, entered Southampton Docks as return port and Princess Cruises as company, and I have filled out, complete with £28 PCR tests, QR code and printed all ready for return to UK.

When you enter a port it allows the additional time.

P & O Vaccine and testing policy*

For holidays to the Caribbean from 22 October 2021 - 27 March 2022

Given the long-haul destinations and the number of different countries visited combined with the current health protocols and entry requirements in the Caribbean, all guests (irrespective of age) must have completed their vaccination course at least 14 days prior to travel. This can either be two doses of the currently approved COVID-19 vaccines or the approved single-dose Janssen COVID-19 vaccine (approved by the MHRA). A single dose of any other vaccine will not be accepted. All guests of all ages must meet the requirements of the COVID-19 vaccination policy. 

All guests on a Caribbean fly-cruise will also need to organise and pay for a private PCR test within 72 hours prior to travel. The test must be administered at an accredited or recognised laboratory by a healthcare professional. You’ll present your negative PCR result at the airport as well as complete a complimentary antigen test organised by P&O Cruises.

For guests setting sail in Southampton, you will complete a complimentary antigen test at the terminal and must pay for a PCR test on board within 72 hours of arriving in the Caribbean.

28 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

As I am cruising next Saturday from Southampton, entered Southampton Docks as return port and Princess Cruises as company, and I have filled out, complete with £28 PCR tests, QR code and printed all ready for return to UK.

When you enter a port it allows the additional time.

Where did you get the £28 pcr test ????

3 minutes ago, gandalf1 said:

Where did you get the £28 pcr test ????

Expert Medicals, and I know they have been removed from the government list, but they need to meet the testing standard not be on a list.

We will do these on day 2 after return and send off, but also do NHS LFT for peace of mind if the test results either do not come back or are delayed.  

3 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

Expert Medicals, and I know they have been removed from the government list, but they need to meet the testing standard not be on a list.

We will do these on day 2 after return and send off, but also do NHS LFT for peace of mind if the test results either do not come back or are delayed.  

did you get the ref number on email reply??

5 minutes ago, gandalf1 said:

did you get the ref number on email reply??

Yes, immediately via email.  Ordered Friday 8th at about at about 12.30pm and delivered by courier on Monday 10th.  They are also in packaging that will fit through your letter box.  Just remember you need to order each one individually for each member of you party to generate the required PLF number.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gandalf1 said:

Once you get to input the dates of return you can go no further as it has to be filled 48hrs before.

However would welcome anyone that's sailed in the last few P&O med ones to please confirm if they were asked to show PLF before embarking.

I will be buying my day 2 after the 24th as we don't come fly back till 6th November 2021 and save on having to pay for the costly PCR.

Whole thing is a con and totally confusing and one big money pit!!! 

We returned to uk last week after our Iona cruise no one asked to see our PLF no officials were at the docks when we disembarked and now still waiting for the results of my PCR test that we did on Mondaythat  cost us £50 each and now feeling I’ve been scammed I agree the whole thing is a con totally confusing and a waste of time and money 

3 hours ago, gandalf1 said:

That's right I see nothing in the p and o policy that you have to show return plf before boarding on the checklist they have provided.

Taken from Government website with regards to filling in PLF-If you’re travelling on a cruise that lasts 19 days or less, submit the form in the 48 hours before boarding. If your cruise is longer, you can submit the form while travelling.

17 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

We returned to uk last week after our Iona cruise no one asked to see our PLF no officials were at the docks when we disembarked and now still waiting for the results of my PCR test that we did on Mondaythat  cost us £50 each and now feeling I’ve been scammed I agree the whole thing is a con totally confusing and a waste of time and money 

No one needs to check your documents, as your passport details,  PLF reference number,  PCR test reference number have all been collected electronically.    

• Like 1

As usual its a bit swings and roundabouts - next weeks cruise with FO were oaying 20£ for a day 2 PCR with Eurofins - Our Cunard Dec is showing at £30 for the new lateral test.. so more expensive..

Fingers crossed by the P&0 march this whole thing will be smoothed to included or scrapped if jabbed

• Like 1

COVID-19 vaccine and testing requirements

Given the long-haul destinations and the number of different countries visited, combined with the current health protocols and entry requirements in the Caribbean, all guests (irrespective of age) must have completed their vaccination course at least 14 days prior to travel. This can either be two doses of the currently approved COVID-19 vaccines or the approved single-dose Janssen COVID-19 vaccine (approved by the MHRA). A single dose of any other vaccine will not be accepted. All guests of all ages must meet the requirements of the COVID-19 vaccination policy.

For guests setting sail in Southampton, you will complete a complimentary antigen test at the terminal and must pay for a PCR test on board at a cost of £25 within 72 hours of arriving in the Caribbean.

You must also organise a COVID-19 test to take within 48 hours after returning home. This is a requirement of the UK government and applies to all guests aged five years and over who are staying in the UK after their holiday. You can order your test through our service provider, Prenetics, at a discounted rate. It is essential that you book your day two test in advance of your holiday as you need to provide the booking reference on the Passenger Locator Form (PLF). You must complete a PLF prior to arriving in the UK. If you're travelling on a fly-cruise holiday, you must complete the PLF within 48 hours prior to arriving in the UK. You can set up an account before your holiday and enter some of your details giving you a head start. You’ll need a data-enabled device (e.g. smartphone or tablet) to complete the form. We do have some facilities for those that don’t own a suitable device.

This vaccination and testing policy is reviewed on a regular basis as the global situation continues to evolve. At the time of travel, some ports of call may stipulate specific vaccine or testing policies for guests going ashore that differ from this policy.

All other P&O Cruises sailings on sale do not currently require guests to be vaccinated.

We also recommend you follow the government's advice of testing yourself regularly at home. If you were to test positive within 14 days of departure, you would need to call our Customer Contact Centre on 0344 338 8003 (local call charges apply) and not travel to the terminal. You'll receive a non-refundable Future Cruise Credit (FCC) to the value of the cruise which is not ABTA or ATOL protected until a new booking is made and we will automatically refund any pre-cruise purchases made through My P&O Cruises. If you booked your cruise as part of a wider holiday package, please contact your travel provider for information relating to their policies.

It is the responsibility of any guest travelling from the Common Travel Area to adhere to the local travel restrictions that apply when travelling in and out of England for departures from Southampton. If you embark the ship at a port outside of the UK it is your responsibility to ensure that you meet all entry requirements for that country at the time of sailing. P&O Cruises cannot accept responsibility if you are denied entry to a country because you do not meet its entry requirements.

Now I am totally bewildered!!!!!!

Having read this on GOV website I think it refers to cruise ships going from and  returning to UK port

• different rules apply for completing your Passenger Locator Form when entering the UK on a cruise. Read the Passenger Locator Form (PLF) guidance and ensure you complete it correctly

click link and this is what it says below.

Fill in your passenger locator form

You must complete a passenger locator form online before you arrive in the UK. You must complete the form even if you are only transiting through the UK.

You can submit the form any time in the 48 hours before you arrive in the UK. It’s free to submit the form.

If you’re travelling on a cruise that lasts 19 days or less, submit the form in the 48 hours before boarding. If your cruise is longer, you can submit the form while travelling.

You’ll need to show your form when you check in to travel or board your plane, train or ferry to the UK.

You can also use this service to:

• set up an account to save your details if you travel frequently
  • sign in to your account to edit and submit an unfinished form
  • prove your vaccination status, if you’ve been fully vaccinated in the UK

2 minutes ago, gandalf1 said:

Having read this on GOV website I think it refers to cruise ships going from and  returning to UK port

• different rules apply for completing your Passenger Locator Form when entering the UK on a cruise. Read the Passenger Locator Form (PLF) guidance and ensure you complete it correctly

You must complete a passenger locator form online before you arrive in the UK. You must complete the form even if you are only transiting through the UK.

You can submit the form any time in the 48 hours before you arrive in the UK. It’s free to submit the form.

If you’re travelling on a cruise that lasts 19 days or less, submit the form in the 48 hours before boarding. If your cruise is longer, you can submit the form while travelling.

You’ll need to show your form when you check in to travel or board your plane, train or ferry to the UK.

That is correct and you have to fill in your PLF within 48hrs if your cruise is less than 19 days of embarkation and your PLF has to be shown at the port when embarking. So you have to purchase, if cruise after, 24th Oct and LFT test and get the code off the test kit to put on your PLF and then you do the test on your return home to the UK within 2 days.

35 minutes ago, gandalf1 said:

Exactly, different rules if flying back. 

The rules have been relaxed for cruises returning to the UK because CLIA have negotiated that with the Government because of problems with connectivity problems when the forms still had to be filled in within 48hrs of return - and they were often sea days or course.

Since your first cruise appears to be December I would not take much notice at present, better just looking at it a couple of weeks before departure in case of further changes.

So for those on the p &o transatlantic cruise 22nd October 2021 returning to UK by air from Barbados, you just register the Plf now then once in Madeira 25th October you order on line the cheaper day 2 antigen test as it will be available to buy  by then and get the email back with ref number then 2 days before flying back continue to fill in plf with the day 2 ref number and submit form.

Does everyone agree?