PCR test replaced by LFT

Malcolm142

On 10/16/2021 at 12:07 PM, wowzz said:

No one needs to check your documents, as your passport details,  PLF reference number,  PCR test reference number have all been collected electronically.    

Yes I know that but we were all given letters from P& O when we were onboard to say that there would be spot checks of our completed PLF forms at the port when we disembarked 

On 10/16/2021 at 4:01 PM, gandalf1 said:

So for those on the p &o transatlantic cruise 22nd October 2021 returning to UK by air from Barbados, you just register the Plf now then once in Madeira 25th October you order on line the cheaper day 2 antigen test as it will be available to buy  by then and get the email back with ref number then 2 days before flying back continue to fill in plf with the day 2 ref number and submit form.

Does everyone agree?

Yes.

I'm on that cruise.

If you're flying back to the UK it is physically impossible to complete the PLF any earlier than 48 hours before arrival.

6 hours ago, Baggy178 said:

Yes.

I'm on that cruise.

If you're flying back to the UK it is physically impossible to complete the PLF any earlier than 48 hours before arrival.

I think you will find when you get on the government website the Locator Form should be completed within 21 days of your departure.  The tests appointment or order for a self test to be sent into your suppliers laboratory should booked before travel to successfully complete the form.  I have booked self-test at home tests which have already arrived but the test needs doing within 2 days of return to the United Kingdom.

Regards John

38 minutes ago, Somerset Cruiser said:

We are boarding Iona on 30th Oct, as of now P&O still require a PCR to be booked for the PLF, according to our agent. 

Am I misunderstanding, if the test is a Government requirement then why would P&O require a PCR. 

I think you need a new agent !

That advice is wrong.

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 11:33 AM, majortom10 said:

Trouble is the government are trumpeting that the new LFT test will save families a fortune if going on holiday. Problem is the government approved companies will not be released until 22nd Oct and if you are going away on 24th impossible task to purchase LFT test and get it delivered to fill in PLF for your holiday on 24th. Another ***** up by the government and leave everything until the last minute.

You can order the test kit or appointment on the 22nd and pay for it.  The company then sends you an email and the kit.  You now can put the booking reference from the email onto your PLF, download and print it as you wish. To show at the quayside. Then the kit arrives at your house in your absence, or use a friend's address so somebody is in when delivered, my kit fitted through the letter box. Then you have two days after you arrive in the UK to swab yourself and post it to the laboratory.

Is this not how it works?

Regards John

12 hours ago, john watson said:

I think you will find when you get on the government website the Locator Form should be completed within 21 days of your departure.  The tests appointment or order for a self test to be sent into your suppliers laboratory should booked before travel to successfully complete the form.  I have booked self-test at home tests which have already arrived but the test needs doing within 2 days of return to the United Kingdom.

Regards John

What I think Baggy is saying is what I am experiencing.We are boarding Eurotunnel on the 23rd, once that date is punched in which is approx halfway thru the form,the website wont allow any more progress until within 48hrs.I just had to save it and will finish it off enroute which is a bit of a pain.Does punching in a cruise change the website format?Cheers,Brian.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

It doesn't change the format, but allows you to enter a return date up to 21 days in advance. .

Where exactly does it allow you to put in you're travelling on a cruise before you get to the arrival date which then prevents you progressing further in the process of filling in the form ?

If you are flying back to the UK it matters not whether you have been on a cruise or not before that.

1 minute ago, Baggy178 said:

Where exactly does it allow you to put in you're travelling on a cruise before you get to the arrival date which then prevents you progressing further in the process of filling in the form ?

If you are flying back to the UK it matters not whether you have been on a cruise or not before that.

100% correct.

1 minute ago, Baggy178 said:

When the form asks you for your point of arrival in the UK, you select Southampton port from the drop down menu.  Then, you select P&O  (or whoever) and the name of the ship.  This then allows you to enter the appropriate arrival date.  

4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

When the form asks you for your point of arrival in the UK, you select Southampton port from the drop down menu.  Then, you select P&O  (or whoever) and the name of the ship.  This then allows you to enter the appropriate arrival date.  

Britannia is not arriving back in Southampton port on the Oct 22nd Caribbean cruise.

Passengers are flying back.

You're muddying the waters I'm afraid.

8 minutes ago, Baggy178 said:

Britannia is not arriving back in Southampton port on the Oct 22nd Caribbean cruise.

Passengers are flying back.

You're muddying the waters I'm afraid.

Sorry, misunderstood the question you were asking.

14 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Sorry, misunderstood the question you were asking.

No problem.

The advice from P&O on this cruise is confusing enough already.

Even our travel advisor was unclear so I attempted to fill in the form myself and hit the same roadblock as gandalf1

Edited by Baggy178

26 minutes ago, Baggy178 said:

No problem.

The advice from P&O on this cruise is confusing enough already.

Even our travel advisor was unclear so I attempted to fill in the form myself and hit the same roadblock as gandalf1

So if flying back to the UK, don't the same rules apply regardless of if you have been on a cruise or not ? In other words, you cannot complete the PLF until 48 hours before your return date.

30 minutes ago, wowzz said:

So if flying back to the UK, don't the same rules apply regardless of if you have been on a cruise or not ? In other words, you cannot complete the PLF until 48 hours before your return date.

This is correct.

If you think about it at the point of entry you're just another air traveller.

The fact you've been at sea for a fortnight prior to your flight is irrelevant.

On 10/18/2021 at 10:31 AM, lindylooellalouise said:

Yes I know that but we were all given letters from P& O when we were onboard to say that there would be spot checks of our completed PLF forms at the port when we disembarked 

‘Spot checks’ yeh right. There was absolutely nobody from Border Force to be seen when I got off Iona just over a week ago.

37 minutes ago, picsa said:

‘Spot checks’ yeh right. There was absolutely nobody from Border Force to be seen when I got off Iona just over a week ago.

Yes same here and I’m now trying to chase up my results from the company I purchased the PCR tests from, so I’m feeling my £100 was a total waste of money we have done our own LFT at home and both are negative so why can’t we just use those tests and then use the PLForm

• Like 2