Saint Greg's Panorama - LIVE - October 23-30 2021

Saint Greg

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I’ve been concerned about my flight with all of the sw cancellations. Spirit did something similar in august. While they didn’t cancel mine, they did push it back an hour and a half. I really can’t have anymore delays so I was a bit concerned when I saw this in my inbox today.

31CF549F-1D53-4695-8A1C-F2DA09D862A9.thumb.jpeg.f9fe1cf9af2a83cc7ba3b4c3cf9a0a51.jpeg

But fortunately it is just travel tips. 

D1CBC37F-B795-4B8B-921E-C5BF0436D90D.thumb.jpeg.4770182a0462aec1602a805aa11c90a5.jpeg

This is interesting. I did not realize I had to fill out an online travel form to travel to California. I have only had to do that going to Mexico. Well…In some ways going from Texas to California is like international travel.

Here is the form.

https://travel.lacity.org/?utm_source=responsys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Airport Notices&mi_u=13651503682&mi_ecmp=Airport Notices

Living close to both Mexico and California I can tell you we've been subjected to more thorough searches going into California. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Is that a Mackinaw Peach milkshake?

“Well they're in!” We named this peach after the episode of Seinfeld where Kramer enters eating a "Mackinaw Peach" from Oregon which is ripe for only two weeks a year. “It's like having a circus in your mouth!” Kramer exclaims.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, mkcurran said:

Living close to both Mexico and California I can tell you we've been subjected to more thorough searches going into California. 

They love to search me in Mexico now. I got the random suitcase search upon arrival in Cancun in both April and June. In May I got a serious search leaving Cozumel. I had to take my shoes off. Take everything out of my pockets. They swabbed each Orpheus of my backpack and ran it through a machine each time. I was the last person on the plane because of that. They took my Saints pen apart and gave it to me in pieces. I just told them to keep it as a souvenir. I was so mad.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

On my way home from work tonight. I’m coming up to a four way stop. Six lanes. Two turn right. Two turn left. Two go straight. East bound. I’m in the second left lane. Nobody in front of me. I’m just idling to the red light. All of the sudden a car from the north bound side turning west turns too soon and is heading for a head on collision with the car next to me. Car next to me lays on the horn. The car that made the wrong turn finally realizes it and ends up straddling the curb in the median like it was a train on the tracks. Finally it gets into the right lane. Scary stuff. It seemed like it was a long time before the car realized it was in the wrong lane. I’m sure it happened real quick but it felt like slow motion. Weird.

• Like 9

50 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

On my way home from work tonight. I’m coming up to a four way stop. Six lanes. Two turn right. Two turn left. Two go straight. East bound. I’m in the second left lane. Nobody in front of me. I’m just idling to the red light. All of the sudden a car from the north bound side turning west turns too soon and is heading for a head on collision with the car next to me. Car next to me lays on the horn. The car that made the wrong turn finally realizes it and ends up straddling the curb in the median like it was a train on the tracks. Finally it gets into the right lane. Scary stuff. It seemed like it was a long time before the car realized it was in the wrong lane. I’m sure it happened real quick but it felt like slow motion. Weird.

OMG! Glad you’re all 0kay! That could have turned bad in do many ways!

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I’m pretty sure this happened before Mardi Gras as well…but this afternoon everyone on the cruise gets an email saying we need to log in and complete a heath assessment. You log in…no health assessment.

73A72317-F453-4CB6-A9E0-383BADE7BFB0.thumb.jpeg.ffe9f2eabac6285de527b379ee5b5c78.jpeg

Then tonight the health assessment pops up.

867E0F45-E2C6-44E7-B702-A05F2985A613.thumb.jpeg.dfb8068daa787121f91a4000045da231.jpeg

8F794DCC-5DBF-48C0-B18C-26C4DBBDBC8C.thumb.jpeg.ec2f43e6ffa29433cec6e99c75a257fe.jpeg7A18FFB5-46C5-42B4-9CBA-A4E2F65B4B35.thumb.jpeg.ea510bc1c6373fb9a26a806c7de0c74c.jpeg

I have the same thing going on except still no health assessment.  I waited one hour and four minutes to get the rudest Carnival employee I've ever encountered.  She kept saying the vaccine survey is the same thing as the health questionnaire, talking to me like I'm a baby (e.g., first you have to take your mouse and click on "to do", etc.) then when I pointed out that the email indicated they were two different things she got huffy and interrupted me, every sentence, like it was a game.  I asked to speak to a supervisor and instead got connected to the "call survey"  I couldn't press "1" fast enough.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Greg I think you need to go home and wrap yourself in bubble wrap until Saturday. We can’t have you taking chances like this! 😆

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

Greg,

Our son, Marky Mark, will be getting out of the ship’s quarantine this weekend. It’s the standard procedure when crew comes aboard.  He’s pretty bored and is just counting the hours 😁😁.  
  If you see him (Fun Squad) please say Hi 👋!
 🛳🛳

Bobbi 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

Greg,

Our son, Marky Mark, will be getting out of the ship’s quarantine this weekend. It’s the standard procedure when crew comes aboard.  He’s pretty bored and is just counting the hours 😁😁.  
  If you see him (Fun Squad) please say Hi 👋!
 🛳🛳

Bobbi 

Definitely. Let me know if there’s something I can bring him. And if he needs anything from the ports or whatever. As long as I’m there just let me know and I’ll take care of it.

• Like 12

I canceled my PCR test I had scheduled with Walmart this morning and scheduled a rapid test at Walgreens tomorrow morning. That’s my backup in case something goes wrong with the home test I plan to take tonight. If all goes well with that, I’ll cancel Walgreens.

B4A0F381-17F8-41AB-B8E3-FEC6CE2F25EC.jpeg

• Like 6

And this is an example of why I usually don't tell people what I'm doing. I was blindsided by the what are you doing question yesterday....so I told one person. Today I had a meeting and everyone knows about it now. One person is like "I heard you are going on a cruise!" Another person "I heard you just went on a cruise. Didn't you just go on a cruise?" Uhhhhh. I went to Cancun over the summer. "Oh okay. I heard you just went on a cruise. I was thinking it would be weird if you just went on one and you're going again already." Stay out of my business.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 15
  • Haha 5

People say the same thing to me.  I thought you just went on a cruise.  They have the same amount of vacation time I have but the ones that say that don't seem to enjoy life.  My DW and I made it a priority to get out and enjoy life now and not wait on retirement.  

• Like 9

I just had my follow-up appointment with the surgeon. Just took a quick look. Said everything looks good. I’m good to go for the trip. I have to go back for another look in six weeks which is the week before my Vista cruise. 

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I talk about my cruising to whoever will listen. 😂  Whoever thinks frequent cruising is weird, is probably just jealous!

And the one that said it was weird was talking down on carnival as well. She went on Royal. She says royal is closer to Princess than carnival. She claims Johnny rockets wasn’t an additional charge when she went. Everything I’ve heard says that it was. “We’ll it wasn’t when I went.”

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

And the one that said it was weird was talking down on carnival as well. She went on Royal. She says royal is closer to Princess than carnival. She claims Johnny rockets wasn’t an additional charge when she went. Everything I’ve heard says that it was. “We’ll it wasn’t when I went.”

Good grief. RUDE. We sail them all and like them all for different reasons. 

When we were last on Royal (Liberty OTS), Johnny Rockets charged a fee and only served lunch/dinner. But I've read that on Oasis class ships, they serve breakfast there and it's included. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

There was a time that Royal gave out vouchers redeemable for free food at Johnny Rockets to their Crown & Anchor members (you become a member after 1 cruise), but that was a looooong time ago, like early 2000's. Otherwise, yes theres always been a charge.  

• Like 2