USA will accept mixed vaccines

hobbyfarmer2

The USA will accept mixed vaccines on or about Nov 8.  Millions of Canadians were double vaccinated with different vaccines which the figures show worked just fine.  DW and I are Astrazenaca followed by Moderna.  We can now think about cruising again in the future.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, hobbyfarmer2 said:

The USA will accept mixed vaccines on or about Nov 8.  Millions of Canadians were double vaccinated with different vaccines which the figures show worked just fine.  DW and I are Astrazenaca followed by Moderna.  We can now think about cruising again in the future.

Do you have a reference? The only discussion by the vaccine committees was the discussion relating to mixing of boosters.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Coral said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/u-s-canadian-travellers-mixed-vaccines-1.6213176

This was a different discussion about opening up the boarders to those who are vaccinated. 

This is not related to US individuals getting mixed vaccines.

Interesting change. Usually a change in policy like this will go through a CDC vaccines meeting, which is all public. No discussion on the topic in any of their meeting notes.

The CDC has now updated its guidelines by adding an Annex describing what vaccines qualify people as fully vaccinated. This Annex states :" Therefore, for the purposes of interpretation of vaccination records, individuals can be considered fully vaccinated ≥2 weeks after receipt of the last dose if they have received any single dose of an FDA approved/authorized or WHO EUL approved single-dose series (i.e., Janssen), or any combination of two doses of an FDA approved/authorized or WHO emergency use listed COVID-19 two-dose series." (I added the emphasis) 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated-guidance.html#annex

2 hours ago, muffin said:

Just came in on my CBC link!  Such great news for so many Canadians who did the right thing at the time.  There must be a huge number of people changing their winter plans!  

Over 4M Canadians received a mixed dose of vaccines.

Great news for our Canadian friends. Now if only all the borders would open and allow cruise ships maybe the bills to continue skipping Canadian ports will die. It would be a massive hit to the income of the port towns if the current temporary waiving of the PVSA for Alaska cruises became permanent. It would also greatly peeve me and my wife as we like visiting Canada.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

Great news for our Canadian friends. Now if only all the borders would open and allow cruise ships maybe the bills to continue skipping Canadian ports will die. It would be a massive hit to the income of the port towns if the current temporary waiving of the PVSA for Alaska cruises became permanent. It would also greatly peeve me and my wife as we like visiting Canada.

Border opens to fully vaccinated on November 8th 2021. Also some of the Alaska cruise itineraries for spring 2022 have included Canadian ports of Vancouver and Victoria 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

Canada opened it's land borders to Americans on August 9 and will allow cruise ships starting November 1.  Both these measures were announced back in July.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, westcoaster said:

Canada opened it's land borders to Americans on August 9 and will allow cruise ships starting November 1.  Both these measures were announced back in July.

Right and it was a generous date with no consequences as they knew would mean no ships until Spring 2022.

26 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Right and it was a generous date with no consequences as they knew would mean no ships until Spring 2022.

Correct. But it also provided the cruiselines with ample time to plan their future cruises and excursion contracts.

• Like 3