Pre Cruise Covid Test Preference for Embarkation

Jeter02

Pre Cruise Covid Test Preference for Embarkation  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which Pre Cruise Covid Test preference do you prefer or plan on using 48hrs prior to embarkation?

• At Home Covid Test Kit (Fee- Instant Results)
    • CVS, Walgreens, Etc (Free - Pray the results come back in time for embarkation)

On 10/18/2021 at 3:14 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

CVS doesn't have appointments 2 weeks out in many locations.

Local minute clinic didn't have appointments last week but I just logged on and those appointments are BACK!! Must be a supply issue

18 hours ago, qqwer123 said:

I just booked a mobile test that come to our home. We needed to do this because the earliest we can get it is the day we fly in order to get on the ship and our plane. So they are coming at 12.10 a.m ….results in 15

Holy cow!  Ten minutes past midnight, bet that will not come cheap! 😎

Just to clarify the term embarcation (sorry if this is a dumb question).   Our flight to Florida for the cruise from the west coast leaves at 6:15am day prior to cruise and we plan on the rapid test the day before that.   We arrive in Florida the late afternoon of the day prior to our cruise.  CVS here is not yet accepting appointments for March 2022 when our sailing occurs.   My question is - does the 48 hours start from the time we take the test/get the test results and end at the time they assign boarding or when the ship's departure time is stated.   We won't have enough time in Fort Lauderdale to take a test at the local CVS I don't think.

Since Our sailing isn't til March next year - things may be different then.

16 minutes ago, luvtravel said:

Just to clarify the term embarcation (sorry if this is a dumb question).   Our flight to Florida for the cruise from the west coast leaves at 6:15am day prior to cruise and we plan on the rapid test the day before that.   We arrive in Florida the late afternoon of the day prior to our cruise.  CVS here is not yet accepting appointments for March 2022 when our sailing occurs.   My question is - does the 48 hours start from the time we take the test/get the test results and end at the time they assign boarding or when the ship's departure time is stated.   We won't have enough time in Fort Lauderdale to take a test at the local CVS I don't think.

Since Our sailing isn't til March next year - things may be different then.

Princess counts it as within 2 days not

hours.  So if you sail on Sunday, you can get the test anytime on Fri or Sat or even Sunday morning, if you will get your results back on time to sail.  
You can read this on the PCL website

health protocols.  You may want to go through the FAQ section too.  This is currently through Feb 28, 22 sailings.

So, who knows?  Depending on Covid19.

CVS is currently booking appointments about 14 days ahead, but it really depends on the location.  You can plan ahead by searching for options and of course this can change.  You may want to buy a proctored test in February, if you need it as a backup.  Through Optum, there’s also a link on PCL website.  Wait until Jan or Feb though, so it doesn’t expire before your cruise.

2 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Princess counts it as within 2 days not

hours.  So if you sail on Sunday, you can get the test anytime on Fri or Sat or even Sunday morning, if you will get your results back on time to sail.  
You can read this on the PCL website

health protocols.  You may want to go through the FAQ section too.  This is currently through Feb 28, 22 sailings.

So, who knows?  Depending on Covid19.

CVS is currently booking appointments about 14 days ahead, but it really depends on the location.  You can plan ahead by searching for options and of course this can change.  You may want to buy a proctored test in February, if you need it as a backup.  Through Optum, there’s also a link on PCL website.  Wait until Jan or Feb though, so it doesn’t expire before your cruise.

Here’s an explanation from the PCL website:

Yes, in accordance with CDC directives, ALL guests will be required to produce a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) result taken within 2 days of their embarkation. If sailing on Sunday, the test may be taken on Friday and Saturday, and as late as Sunday, if you are guaranteed to receive your results in time for check-in.

Guests will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test along with proof of full vaccination upon arrival in the terminal and can then proceed on board.

Guests who travel internationally should always ensure they understand all entry and airline requirements to travel from their home country and the destinations they plan to visit, including where health authorities may require pre-travel COVID-19 testing.

We expect these requirements will be temporary and we appreciate your cooperation and look forward to welcoming you aboard.

On 10/26/2021 at 5:57 AM, PaperSniper4 said:

Holy cow!  Ten minutes past midnight, bet that will not come cheap! 😎

It’s actually very reasonable. This was a comped cruise with lots of extra perks and I bought universal tickets, plane fare so 99 Canadian seems pretty reasonable for a come to my home test I can use to get on the ship. LAX tests are way more expensive and I don’t feel like scrambling around LAX airport when we fly in. 

Edited by qqwer123

7 minutes ago, qqwer123 said:

It’s actually very reasonable. This was a comped cruise with lots of extra perks and I bought universal tickets, plane fare so 99 Canadian seems pretty reasonable for a come to my home test I can use to get on the ship. LAX tests are way more expensive and I don’t feel like scrambling around LAX airport when we fly in. 

Oh and one more thing. We are Canadian, flying from Saskatchewan at 7 am on the Friday before our cruise. The test to get on the ship has to be dated Friday, that was the reasoning behind getting the hone visit test after midnight. If not, we would have to find two tests, one before we get on our plane and another to get on our ship so it was a good option. 

On 10/30/2021 at 10:12 AM, PacnGoNow said:

Here’s an explanation from the PCL website:

Yes, in accordance with CDC directives, ALL guests will be required to produce a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) result taken within 2 days of their embarkation. If sailing on Sunday, the test may be taken on Friday and Saturday, and as late as Sunday, if you are guaranteed to receive your results in time for check-in.

Guests will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test along with proof of full vaccination upon arrival in the terminal and can then proceed on board.

Guests who travel internationally should always ensure they understand all entry and airline requirements to travel from their home country and the destinations they plan to visit, including where health authorities may require pre-travel COVID-19 testing.

We expect these requirements will be temporary and we appreciate your cooperation and look forward to welcoming you aboard.

Thanks for clearing up the time frame for me!

On 10/19/2021 at 8:11 AM, PaperSniper4 said:

Thanks for the link, but that's not from the Princess site, at least according to the html address. I always like to see that on  the cruise lines "official web site" just for security.

I did some additional digging around and found it on this page if anyone else needs that: https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/ You'll need to click on the "Is the Self Test Acceptable" on that page, then click on the link "Order Your Test Kit Online"; which is the link Jeter02 kindly supplied above.

Wow, another $70 per person hoop through which we need to jump. But it beats not cruising, eh? If some sort of test is still required for our cruises next year, which is looking likely, we will try something locally and hopefully less expensive first. But good to have a backup just in case.

Doug

I believe these Optum home test kits include 2 tests for your $70 so it should net out to $35/pp.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.  I've got plenty of time to order another one now if for some reason we each need one of the $70 kits but I'll be in a tough spot if I find this out 2 days before the cruise 🙂

I'm even considering buying another kit just to have it on hand in case something goes wrong with the first but $70 is right on the edge where the marginal peace of mind probably isn't worth the 99% chance that I'm just burning cash.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PMGS247 said:

I believe these Optum home test kits include 2 tests for your $70 so it should net out to $35/pp.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.  I've got plenty of time to order another one now if for some reason we each need one of the $70 kits but I'll be in a tough spot if I find this out 2 days before the cruise 🙂

I'm even considering buying another kit just to have it on hand in case something goes wrong with the first but $70 is right on the edge where the marginal peace of mind probably isn't worth the 99% chance that I'm just burning cash.

If you get 1 set of 2 for 2 people and have any issue with one of the tests (dropping it, finding out that there is no fluid in a test kit then you will be out of luck.  I would recommend getting 2 sets (the extra $70 would be worth it for my peace of mind.  Our next cruise is not till late March so we will wait till late February to order kits, hoping the testing requirement goes away

We have used the kits 2 times now. We also had back ups in case we dropped it or made a mistake. The test is very easy! The doctor walks  you through the whole process. Just a tiny bit of advice... Bring an extra set. Have someone around or have a way to have your hands free! You will need both hands. It took us 45 minutes the 1st time and 35minutes the second time. Our friends took 90 minutes for a doctor to come online.  Be patient. Results were in our email 1 minute after the doctor was finished. We walked down to hotel lobby and  printed results. It was all very easy if you live in US or if you can't find a test before your cruise. Its just so easy. We one set of ours for Princess cruise at www.emed.com and for Celebrity cruise we bought them at https://store.optum.com/royal-caribbean/  Same thing though to be honest. Hope this helps. 

• Thanks 2

My cruise leaves on Wed the 29th of Dec. but I am staying in Ft Lauderdale on a Princess package arriving on Sun the 26th.  My only choice in the timeframe is to hope I can find a test site on Mon.  Trying to order tests online say they expire Dec 7 . . . This feels scary.

23 hours ago, memoak said:

If you get 1 set of 2 for 2 people and have any issue with one of the tests (dropping it, finding out that there is no fluid in a test kit then you will be out of luck.  I would recommend getting 2 sets (the extra $70 would be worth it for my peace of mind.  Our next cruise is not till late March so we will wait till late February to order kits, hoping the testing requirement goes away

Roger that.  I think I will order a second set.