RCCL announces World Cruise, 61 K for inside.

Bill Miller

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

What about my synthroid and singular?

I Am sure if you called your insurance company to let them know the challenge, they would accommodate for sure...

Who knows, you might be able to wean yourself off of them during the sailing!!!

In health and bon voyage

I really would like to do this sailing....

My question is, do I raid the retirement accounts now for a suite cabin or serve the divorce papers first???

Maybe starting a Go Fund Me Page would work and fly home for a few days in-between???

LOL - bon voyage

• Haha 8

I think the price is a bit high.  With all the perks, and considering the going cost of a World Cruise, I would think $41,600 would be about right for a guarantee inside cabin on Royal.  I would like to see Celebrity jump in the game, perhaps using the Millennium. It is out of the same mold as the Serenade of the Seas, but having sailed both of these ships, the recently renovated Millennium would be a much better choice.

Kel

11 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I really would like to do this sailing....

My question is, do I raid the retirement accounts now for a suite cabin or serve the divorce papers first???

Maybe starting a Go Fund Me Page would work and fly home for a few days in-between???

LOL - bon voyage

I wonder how many divorce papers get served late in these World cruises? 

If we were stuck in an inside cabin Mrs. Dawg would be serving them to me by day 30.

Of course, as an accountant, she might splurge for an at sea burial instead... mine! 🤔🙏

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

I was just thinking, what if two (2) of us booked this together and just as long as one of us remained on the sailing we could switch out segments???

That would be an economical way of doing it....

bon voyage

Well, I just floated the idea of this sailing and received the following response:

1) sure you can go! (promising response);

2) who had you planned to go with? (less promising response); and,

3) how do you propose to pay for it?

I did say that there is a 10% discount for paying in full early...

LOL - may be a lottery scratch off ticket???

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

I cannot imagine the agony faced by fashionistas who will be trying to figure out how to not be seen in the same outfit twice. Might be lots of shipments to and from various ports of call!

.... or shopping either aboard or in port!!

bon voyage

17 minutes ago, kelmac said:

I think the price is a bit high.  With all the perks, and considering the going cost of a World Cruise, I would think $41,600 would be about right for a guarantee inside cabin on Royal.  I would like to see Celebrity jump in the game, perhaps using the Millennium. It is out of the same mold as the Serenade of the Seas, but having sailed both of these ships, the recently renovated Millennium would be a much better choice.

Kel

How did you come up with $41,600?  Need to look at the cost per night per person.  For $61k that is $223 for an inside cabin.  And at $75k for a balcony that is $274. And that includes RT business class airfare, gratuities, WiFi and laundry.  And other unnamed amenities.  If I am Diamond or D+ I can get free drinks every night in the Diamond Lounge.  This is all sounding pretty good to me for a retirement plan!😀

• Like 1

Actually, regarding the confines of an inside cabin...or any cabin...If you only regard it as a place to sleep/shower, you have a whole lot more 'living space' on a ship than you do at home.  All those lounges to disappear into.  The bigger question is...could you survive nine months without your favorite TV shows and sports...  EM

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

I cannot imagine the agony faced by fashionistas who will be trying to figure out how to not be seen in the same outfit twice. Might be lots of shipments to and from various ports of call!

Think about the suitcases full of ladies shoes!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

World Cruises have a bit of a cult following. Interesting coming from RCCL. I don’t think the price tag would deter many World Cruisers but I’m not sure how many of those people really enjoy the RCCL product enough to justify the cost.

I agree.

Seven days of Royal Caribbean food makes me desperate enough to eat at MacDonald's for something that is somewhat edible.

By the way, no one has mentioned that the cruise fare for the trip is nonrefundable.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, kelmac said:

Maybe you could try a warm up cruise.

LOL--- I've been trying ( ?? ) a warm up cruise for " years " ( and lot's of 'em )-- they're not too " hot " anymore.

If Pinboy booked a $61K cruise --- in an inside cabin, trust me , things would " warm up " pretty fast around here and the cruise would be cancelled pretty fast -- even if laundry was included !!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

I should have clarified my earlier post. I would only do this cruise if in a suite. I have never done an inside cabin and never plan to be in one. What a claustrophobic nightmare it would be for that length of time.

At least a balcony in case there is a COVID outbreak on board and you need to quarantine.  That was my first thought.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

LOL--- I've been trying ( ?? ) a warm up cruise for " years " ( and lot's of 'em )-- they're not too " hot " anymore.

If Pinboy booked a $61K cruise --- in an inside cabin, trust me , things would " warm up " pretty fast around here and the cruise would be cancelled pretty fast -- even if laundry was included !!

But most cocktails are included!!!

That would be a great off-set, do you not think, especially on the last leg of the sailing??

Cheers and bon voyage

32 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Actually, regarding the confines of an inside cabin...or any cabin...If you only regard it as a place to sleep/shower, you have a whole lot more 'living space' on a ship than you do at home.  All those lounges to disappear into.  The bigger question is...could you survive nine months without your favorite TV shows and sports...  EM

There would be streaming available for those on the full sailing...

bon voyage

2 minutes ago, spiritkat090909 said:

What happens if you test positive?  That's a mighty big FCC.

One could use it on the next world sailing(s).... LOL

OR, if in an upper level suite just negotiate a long term quarantine...

In health and bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953