6 nights on the Magic or 7 nights on the Mardi Gras for a $464.00 price diff?

saltzie1

Hi there!   For those who have been on these ships, would you recommend saving $464.00 (total) and going on a 6 night cruise on the Magic or springing the extra money for the 7 night Mardi Gras?  I am not too worried about the ports of call of either ship.

Thanks in advance!  

If you want more days do a b2b. Magic for the save.

Unless the big difference is because of a expensive cabana or suite on mardi gras, I'm a no. 

I'm doing a b2b, 10 days total on the breeze because it's cheaper than 7 days on vista. .. or was when I booked.

• Like 2

I haven't been on the Magic, but I was VERY impressed with the Mardi Gras.  

It's hard to recommend based on just the price difference - what kind of percentage difference is it?  If you're looking at suites or peak season weeks,  difference between $2500 and $2964?  I'd totally go Mardi Gras.  If you're looking at rock bottom pricing, and it's $600 vs $1064? I'd probably book the Magic in your shoes.

• Like 2

Mardi Gras has a ton to offer for food, entertainment, bars. If you are a fan of comedy, 6 days were already a bad deal because on my 6 day magic I got 2 comedians. On every 7 day I've gotten 4. On a 7 day Mardi Gras I got 6 comedians. Plus a magician, juggler, broadway singer, and all of the playlist shows Panorama has.

For food right now you get Chibang!, Pig & Anchor, and Cucina included. Big Chicken, Sea Dogs, Albasha, Street Eats all included. Emeril's is cheap. First time I've ever said that about one of his places. 

I think the experience is going to be far superior on Mardi Gras and I'd jump on at least once before they get to full capacity.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3

We were on the Magic for the first time in August and had it booked again for February 2022.  Then we sailed on the Mardi Gras in September.  We enjoyed it so much that I emailed my PVP from the ship on Day 5 to change the February cruise from the Magic to the Mardi Gras.  The difference was about $400 at the time, but there was a $120 price drop just a few days later.  We enjoyed the Magic, but the Mardi Gras was outstanding.  When John Heald was on the Mardi Gras, at one point he stated that he had run out of superlatives to describe the ship.   We felt the same way.  It is a unique ship and an experience not  be missed, well worth $464  in my opinion.

3 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

I would spend the extra on MG especially if ports don't matter.  MG has a lot to offer, entertainment, food, Bolt the rollercoaster, food, a bunch of specialty bars, food.  Did I mention food?  Serenity is awesome on MG.

Do they have food? lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1