Hyatt Las Olas Fort Lauderdale

bubbadogmom

Anyone stay at Hyatt Centric Las Olas Fort Lauderdale? I traditionally book only where there is an airport and cruise shuttle but I noticed many people saying the port etc is so close that a taxi /Uber is cheap and should not dictate my hotel choice. 

For me, I usually find rates around $160-$220 for Hamptons, Embassy Suites type hotels, but this year I’m finding them really expensive (mock booking this week is $170, my dates in February are all $280 and waaaaay up!) Also, recent reviews of the places I’ve stayed aren't so great these days. 

I’m going outside my comfort zone but I booked there. 😬. It’s downtown and has no airport shuttle or cruise shuttle - am I making a mistake? 

Thanks for your thoughts! 

Price out the new Marriott Airport at Dania Beach. Pretty good reviews for this new hotel.

Comp shuttle to their hotel. $15 to the port.

Also Hyatt Place on 10th Street one of our go to pre-cruise hotels.

ValueTrips schedule opens soon for 2023 they usually have good pricing on the Hyatt or price out directly with Hyatt's membership.

FLL transportation to their hotel for $2.00 per room reservation.

Edited by Ashland

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2021 at 2:06 PM, Ashland said:

Price out the new Marriott Airport at Dania Beach. Pretty good reviews for this new hotel.

Comp shuttle to their hotel. $15 to the port.

Also Hyatt Place on 10th Street one of our go to pre-cruise hotels.

ValueTrips schedule opens soon for 2023 they usually have good pricing on the Hyatt or price out directly with Hyatt's membership.

FLL transportation to their hotel for $2.00 per room reservation.

The Valuetrips site shows 2021 rates.  Are they still in business?  I don't see 2022 rates listed.

9 hours ago, iluvcruzin said:

The Valuetrips site shows 2021 rates.  Are they still in business?  I don't see 2022 rates listed.

A poster who had communicated with Value Trips reported last month on another thread that they intended to post 2022 rates by the end of October.  I guess they missed that but I would keep checking.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, capriccio said:

A poster who had communicated with Value Trips reported last month on another thread that they intended to post 2022 rates by the end of October.  I guess they missed that but I would keep checking.

Yes my mistake in my post #2 and sorry for the confusion... I of course meant 2022 was supposed to be released end of October. Agree the poster should keep checking.

• 1 month later...
On 11/2/2021 at 1:32 AM, royalcruz said:

I live in Ft Lauderdale. The new Hyatt Centric looks gorgeous! It's close to the port and airport and you can walk to dozens of restaurants. It's a great choice!

We have this hotel booked for Fri, Jan 14 for 1 night pre cruise.  Could you recommend a nice restaurant for dinner & breakfast?  Just looking for good quality and reasonable  prices.  I appreciate your feedback.  

59 minutes ago, taylortime05 said:

We have this hotel booked for Fri, Jan 14 for 1 night pre cruise.  Could you recommend a nice restaurant for dinner & breakfast?  Just looking for good quality and reasonable  prices.  I appreciate your feedback.  

Good quality for reasonable prices is a challenge in downtown Ft Lauderdale, but these meet that criteria: Wild Sea for breakfast and dinner and Big City Tavern for dinner. Reservations are suggested. There are 2 restaurants in your hotel that I haven't tried yet.

8 hours ago, royalcruz said:

Good quality for reasonable prices is a challenge in downtown Ft Lauderdale, but these meet that criteria: Wild Sea for breakfast and dinner and Big City Tavern for dinner. Reservations are suggested. There are 2 restaurants in your hotel that I haven't tried yet.

Thank you!  I made reservations for Wild Sea for breakfast & Big City Tavern for dinner.  I'll let you know how it goes when I get back.  Thank you for the recommendations. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 1/1/2022 at 10:39 PM, taylortime05 said:

Thank you!  I made reservations for Wild Sea for breakfast & Big City Tavern for dinner.  I'll let you know how it goes when I get back.  Thank you for the recommendations. 

How did you like this hotel?  How did like Big City Tavern? Did you like staying in this area and was it easy to walk to nearby places?

I have stayed at Hilton Marina last few times I've sailed out of FLL but booked this hotel to change things up.

34 minutes ago, poffles said:

How did you like this hotel?  How did like Big City Tavern? Did you like staying in this area and was it easy to walk to nearby places?

I have stayed at Hilton Marina last few times I've sailed out of FLL but booked this hotel to change things up.

We ended up switching hotels and stayed at Conrad in FLL.   

1 hour ago, poffles said:

I always stay on Las Olas. I will be there next week. Staying at The Riverside. There are many, many restaurants and shops along the Blvd. It is my favorite area before I cruise😀

12 hours ago, Lois R said:

I always stay on Las Olas. I will be there next week. Staying at The Riverside. There are many, many restaurants and shops along the Blvd. It is my favorite area before I cruise😀

Will be first time in Las Olas area. Cruise was just booked this week for April which put booking the hotel later than I like and boy oh boy are prices high and many sold out.  I also wanted to use airmiles points so that limits it a bit too but this hotel was on my radar before so time to finally give it a try.  I looked for The Riverside as I seen this mentioned before but it does not appear for my time frame, it did before so guess supply is low.

Thanks for the reassurance. 

Looking forward to being in a more walkable area for a change.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/30/2022 at 9:52 PM, Lois R said:

I have this hotel booked for an April cruise.  Among the local 'shops' is there a store like Walgreens or a beer/wine store?  Just thinking about ability to get water, suntan lotion, wine if within walking distance.

Thanks again and really looking forward to this area.  I have read a couple negative reviews about age and cleanliness so hoping they are one offs.

7 minutes ago, poffles said:

I have this hotel booked for an April cruise.  Among the local 'shops' is there a store like Walgreens or a beer/wine store?  Just thinking about ability to get water, suntan lotion, wine if within walking distance.

Thanks again and really looking forward to this area.  I have read a couple negative reviews about age and cleanliness so hoping they are one offs.

CVS Pharmacy, 1 N Federal Hwy, is about a half mile away and sells wine, water, and suntan lotion.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, poffles said:

Hi, not to burst your bubble, but those are 2 stores not located along the Blvd. You could always take an Uber over to 17th Street. There is a Publix and a Total Wine over there. Las Olas is more restaurants and retail shops along (besides the hotel).

11 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi, not to burst your bubble, but those are 2 stores not located along the Blvd. You could always take an Uber over to 17th Street. There is a Publix and a Total Wine over there. Las Olas is more restaurants and retail shops along (besides the hotel).

Thank you! I was also looking at Embassy Suites though reviews there seem not good but it seems to be close to 'stores'.  Oh well.

14 minutes ago, poffles said:

Thank you! I was also looking at Embassy Suites though reviews there seem not good but it seems to be close to 'stores'.  Oh well.

Embassy Suites is right in front of Publix and other stores. Personally, I prefer Las Olas but if being near a grocery store is important for you, I would pick another property.  I love the vibe of Las Olas Blvd.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Embassy Suites is right in front of Publix and other stores. Personally, I prefer Las Olas but if being near a grocery store is important for you, I would pick another property.  I love the vibe of Las Olas Blvd.

A grocery store is not exactly what I'm looking for but is not a deal breaker, that said I looked up the CVS that @capriccio mentioned above and it looks like it is definitely walkable so win win.  Shows it to be 0.6 mile and 14 minute walk if we end up needing something we don't want (or have) to pack 👍 

7 hours ago, poffles said:

There’s a big Walmart a short cab ride away.  That’s where we go to get our last minute items. 

20 hours ago, poffles said:

A grocery store is not exactly what I'm looking for but is not a deal breaker, that said I looked up the CVS that @capriccio mentioned above and it looks like it is definitely walkable so win win.  Shows it to be 0.6 mile and 14 minute walk if we end up needing something we don't want (or have) to pack 👍 

Publix is a very good supermarket and carries alot of extra items for the beach and cruising crowd.  If you are looking for wine, about 50 yards from it is Total Wine - great store!

29 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Publix is a very good supermarket and carries alot of extra items for the beach and cruising crowd.  If you are looking for wine, about 50 yards from it is Total Wine - great store!

Thank you!  That looks nice and close too, looks like 16 minutes.  Definitely not going to be a challenge finding something nearby. 

Has anyone had issues with booking on valuetrips?  I have been trying since the end of December.  I didn't get a response for a week so I emailed them through the site.  That didn't produce a response either.   I emailed them directly and they responded a few days later saying they never got my information.  That they had availability.  I tried again.  Filled in the request.  No response.  I emailed them with a screen shot.  No response.  Yesterday I tried one more time with an email.  If I don't hear anything I guess it's a no go.

It was never like this any other time I booked with them.  I need to get something locked down as I need it for early March. 

Just wondering if others have the same difficulty.