Allure-Oasis-Anthem - Suggestions

hollon

We are thinking of cruising in early Dec. We've been on Allure and Oasis, but not Anthem. Are the Oasis and Allure  looking worn down, were there in upgrades to these classes, etc.  I thought about trying Anthem since I haven't been on her, but it goes out of NJ and the iterinary isn't that great, so wondering about snow, flights being cancelled, etc.  This is really a get away and just happy to be cruising again.  Any suggestions 🙂

Oasis was amplified in 2019, so she has been updated relatively recently and feels like a newer ship.

Allure hasn't been updated but it's also the only Oasis class ship that doesn't have the Ultimate Abyss waterslide blocking the aft view from the Boardwalk.

Anthem has a lot of indoor spaces so it's designed for the cooler climate sailing, but starting up north the itineraries are lackluster.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hollon said:

Are the Oasis and Allure  looking worn down, were there in upgrades to these classes, etc.

sarcasm - all of them are rust buckets, including Anthem. Odyssey is the only one worth sailing - \sarcasm.

12 hours ago, bajathree said:

Having sailed out of NY a couple times during the winter (living in the area at the time)...I certainly wouldn't fly there especially in the winter to sail out of.

I live on Long Island and LOVE being able to cruise any time of the year without having to fly, and, right now with two under-10 kids, we're fine with the boring itinerary. That being said, if I lived somewhere where I had to fly to cruise anyway, no way would I fly to NJ/NY in the winter lol.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, alexgtp said:

So do not fly into NJ/NY during Dec months? Not good to hear.

We have a NYE cruise planned. and we are flying in to Newark Airport., 2 days early just in case. 

2 days early; you should be just fine. It think for me it's more about - if I lived in like Omaha or something, I'd rather just fly straight to FL and be in the heat right away. 

My order of preference would be Oasis>Anthem>Allure.  Oasis was just amplified a couple years ago so it has all the bells and whistles.  The only downside is that the cabins still had the old decor.  Anthem has the latest cabin design, but the itinerary sucks (unless you do the longer 9 or 12 day eastern or southern Caribbean cruise) and I would much rather spend my pre-cruise in sunny Florida versus cold and frigid NYC.  Allure feels the oldest of the three, has the old cabin design and missing several amenities of other Oasis ships (water slide, dry slide, new bars and restaurants, escape room et. al.).  Unless you got a killer deal I would just do Oasis out of Miami.

• Like 1