Princess changed my stateroom location

norcalcruzr

I was just on my Princess account double checking my cruise info for a couple of cruises I've booked for next year.  I noticed a change in my stateroom location on my Alaska cruise, I was originally booked in stateroom A 314 and I'm now booked in A305.  I emailed my travel agent and she just wrote back that they are having a problem with Princess moving cabins around without notifying either passengers or TA's, due to blocking certain areas for isolation cabins.  She was not able to change my cabin back [I was next to another family member].  Just want to give a heads up, periodically check your future cruises for any changes.

• Haha 1

Princess changed my stateroom without my knowledge about a month ago.  They moved it 15 cabins further towards the aft.  I noticed it on a Sunday.  I called my travel agent who said she'd call first thing Monday.  I then used the Chat feature on the Princess website and the lady who helped me was able to get my original stateroom back on Sunday.  I now check every day! My friends in the stateroom next to mine were not moved. I never had this happen on any other cruise line.

They did the same thing to me. Today I called my TA for a nice price break on my Feb. Majestic cruise. I had D708 booked. After being on hold for one and a half hours at both places, he finally read off my new price and made sure my stock was on and my other OBC. Then he read off my cabin. C708. Wait what? I don’t have that cabin, I’m on  Dolphin where the nice balcony’s are. I won’t bore you with what happened for the next two hours but he finally found a supervisor that found out that I was moved on Oct. 18th. to Caribe deck. 

I asked why no one told me and he said they don’t have to. So they blocked off all of those good balcony’s that hopefully won’t be needed on Dolphin deck port side. I finally got the last Dolphin large balcony on the other side of the ship right at the elevator. 😩 Why didn’t they use Caribe deck that no one is booking? 

The nice thing is while I was dealing with this from 8:00 am until 1:pm my cabin went down another $165 haha. TA was done with me and tried telling me that this was something I didn’t quality for. Ah, I’m doing a fake booking right now and I see the new price. I said goodbye and called back two hours later. TA picked right up and said ***and this is *** speaking. I just laughed, it was the same agent. I told him that he could hang up and I would call back and get another agent but I said we both know that he is wrong about my $165 price break. He said that he didn’t mind working with me. Those  recorded calls work both ways, they listen to what he says also.He called Princess and I have my new price.😊After I hung up I looked at my Travel Summary and they gave me a free specialty dining credit. I’m not sure who gave it to me. I don’t like eating alone in nice places so I just go to the buffet when I cruise.  The  last time I had a free specialty dinner the wait staff decided to keep me company the whole meal. 
Still getting over losing my wife so I’m not as social as we used to be. 

Sorry for writing a book but this is a first for me in over 70 cruises to lose my cabin. 

• Like 5

We had a cabin changed by Princess years ago, well before Covid. I only noticed by checking the personalizer. We were not notified. Princess claimed they notified our TA, but he says he never got the notification. Our TA tried to get the original cabin back, but they said it was too late and they had already sold it to someone else. He did get us a similar cabin instead of the one that Princess had moved us to that would have been in a noisy area.

3 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

We had a cabin changed by Princess years ago, well before Covid. I only noticed by checking the personalizer. We were not notified. Princess claimed they notified our TA, but he says he never got the notification. Our TA tried to get the original cabin back, but they said it was too late and they had already sold it to someone else. He did get us a similar cabin instead of the one that Princess had moved us to that would have been in a noisy area.

Same thing happened to me a few years ago.....a bloody nuisance as we picked our cabin specifically. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fletch1 said:

Same thing happened to me a few years ago.....a bloody nuisance as we picked our cabin specifically. 

I agree totally as ours was also picked specifically by us and our TA. I had actually read at the time on these boards of Princess moving many cabins and had asked our TA about this. His reply was that we should not worry about it as it would not be moved. Alas, he was wrong.

My deluxe balcony cabin on the Sky 12/28/21 was also changed from D214 to D219 w/o notifying me, just found it in Personalizer. Same size/category of cabin but moved from port to starboard side. Not happy I was moved w/o notification but change is minor so will not make an issue of it. I am assuming they are using old cabin location for isolation but if so, surprised they would take the high price balconies out of inventory unless they're just not selling.

16 hours ago, norcalcruzr said:

She was not able to change my cabin back [I was next to another family member].  

Was your TA able to find two cabins next to each other in the same category so you and your family member could still be adjacent?  If not, you can do a mock booking  to see if there are open cabins in the same category that you like and ask your TA to move you. 

34 minutes ago, Ice Queen said:

My deluxe balcony cabin on the Sky 12/28/21 was also changed from D214 to D219 w/o notifying me, just found it in Personalizer. Same size/category of cabin but moved from port to starboard side. Not happy I was moved w/o notification but change is minor so will not make an issue of it. I am assuming they are using old cabin location for isolation but if so, surprised they would take the high price balconies out of inventory unless they're just not selling.

I am assuming that they are using balconies for isolation just so some folks could get a little air during their quarantine

11 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

Was your TA able to find two cabins next to each other in the same category so you and your family member could still be adjacent?  If not, you can do a mock booking  to see if there are open cabins in the same category that you like and ask your TA to move you. 

No, my TA was not able to find two cabins next to each other, my family members are in a handicap accessible cabin, hence the reason we originally booked next to them.  There were no close by cabins available at this time. My TA also told me when she questioned Princess why they don't let the guests know when they are moved, the answer was "we don't have to".   

6 minutes ago, norcalcruzr said:

No, my TA was not able to find two cabins next to each other, my family members are in a handicap accessible cabin, hence the reason we originally booked next to them.  There were no close by cabins available at this time. My TA also told me when she questioned Princess why they don't let the guests know when they are moved, the answer was "we don't have to".   

That’s really disappointing to hear. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

And also the kind of attitude that causes possible passengers to say there are other cruise lines and other vacation alternatives possible.

Very true. Especially in this case if the bookings were linked and an accessible cabin is involved and those passengers may need help from their family members. 

16 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

Very true. Especially in this case if the bookings were linked and an accessible cabin is involved and those passengers may need help from their family members. 

We don't know if the bookings were linked.

20 hours ago, norcalcruzr said:

I was just on my Princess account double checking my cruise info for a couple of cruises I've booked for next year.  I noticed a change in my stateroom location on my Alaska cruise, I was originally booked in stateroom A 314 and I'm now booked in A305.  I emailed my travel agent and she just wrote back that they are having a problem with Princess moving cabins around without notifying either passengers or TA's, due to blocking certain areas for isolation cabins.  She was not able to change my cabin back [I was next to another family member].  Just want to give a heads up, periodically check your future cruises for any changes.

You got a better room, you should thank your agent!

I think the really disappointing thing is that they still anticipate needing blocks of isolation rooms next summer. But I suppose it's better to plan for them, and not need them, than have to cancel people to make room for them. I've been operating under the assumption that things would be back to some semblance of normal by next summer, but of course, that remains to be seen.

1 hour ago, norcalcruzr said:

What makes this a better room, balcony size?  They're the same category.   

I think spookyfudge thinks you're on a Royal class ship, not a Grand or Crown class. I think you must be on a Grand or Crown class because on those A305 and A314 are the same category.

Edited by Sea Hag
correction
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I think spookyfudge thinks you're on a Royal class ship, not a Grand or Crown class. I think you must be on a Grand or Crown class because on those A305 and A314 are the same category.

10 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I guess I did forget to mention the ship, it's the Ruby.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, norcalcruzr said:

My TA also told me when she questioned Princess why they don't let the guests know when they are moved, the answer was "we don't have to".   

And this attitude is exactly why so many Princess customers are exploring other lines. People had their cabins moved on our current Oasis cruise, but received an email before the move and later another confirming the new location.

• Like 1