Freedom Christmas Cruise Itinerary Charge

Sand_Sun_Sea73

Itinerary change for Christmas week cruise on Freedom (12/18 sailing).  Original itinerary included  Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk, Aruba & Bonaire.     HMC and Grand Turk are gone and Curacao added, plus one additional sea day.   It's an 8 night cruise with 4 sea days, that feels like one too many.     Must say I was looking forward to HMC with this being our first cruise in a few years.  I guess itinerary changes are the new normal. 

Edited by Sand_Sun_Sea73
grammar correction

One of the things to consider is that many, many cruises are now heading to HMC and that other 'near FLA' port options remain limited.  Moving Freedom out opens a door for another cruise ship on a 4 or 5 day itinerary.  As mondello said, getting all 3 of the ABCs is a rare treat.  Embrace the opportunity.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Sand_Sun_Sea73 said:

Itinerary change for Christmas week cruise on Freedom (12/18 sailing).  Original itinerary included  Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk, Aruba & Bonaire.     HMC and Grand Turk are gone and Curacao added, plus one additional sea day.   It's an 8 night cruise with 4 sea days, that feels like one too many.     Must say I was looking forward to HMC with this being our first cruise in a few years.  I guess itinerary changes are the new normal. 

Gladly change Grand Turk for Curasao, will miss HMC, was looking forward to a relaxing beach day.

Freedom sailing Nov 28 from Miami has also cancelled Grand Turk and substituted Nassau.  No reason given.  Anyone know if all ships have cancelled GT?  Maybe the Turks and Caicos have decided not to allow ships?  Be nice if Carnival would give a reason.  Probably won't even get off ship in Nassau least favorite port I have ever been too.

There aren't too many scenarios where I would be satisfied losing a port day for a sea day (especially when there are already many sea days).

However, this is one of those exceptions. The ABC itinerary isn't super common. Those are some great islands. 

I feel you on losing HMC though. Beautiful island, don't need top buy transportation or food.

2 hours ago, WillieC said:

Freedom sailing Nov 28 from Miami has also cancelled Grand Turk and substituted Nassau.  No reason given.  Anyone know if all ships have cancelled GT?  Maybe the Turks and Caicos have decided not to allow ships?  Be nice if Carnival would give a reason.  Probably won't even get off ship in Nassau least favorite port I have ever been too.

GT isn't open yet.  Starting the process but no specific date yet that I've heard.

I am totally okay losing Grand Turk as we have stopped there a couple times and we will enjoy the ABC islands - however, HMC is the one I'm most bummed about.  It's perfection.  Even though the price of the cabana's has increased drastically since our last visit!!!  I think we paid $199 or maybe even $249 last time and it was up to $359 and sold out this time (before they dropped it).  I've been to Aruba for a land based trip, but B & C are new so I guess that's exciting.  Don't want to get too excited though, might change again!

I am super upset over this. I am ok losing GT and gaining Curacao. But losing HMC for a sea day is not acceptable. We would not have booked an 8 day cruise if it had four sea days we would have just done a much cheaper 5 day cruise. 

Is there anyway that Carnival will comp something because of losing a great port day. One we were really looking forward to. I mean three sea days was pushing it but 4 is just to much.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, HollyHobbie22 said:

I am super upset over this. I am ok losing GT and gaining Curacao. But losing HMC for a sea day is not acceptable. We would not have booked an 8 day cruise if it had four sea days we would have just done a much cheaper 5 day cruise. 

Is there anyway that Carnival will comp something because of losing a great port day. One we were really looking forward to. I mean three sea days was pushing it but 4 is just to much.  

Others have posted they had success in getting compensated from their travel insurance when port changes have affected their cruise. Any compensation from Carnival would likely be onboard due to the fact ports could change before Christmas.

For our Feb 20th Magic cruise, we got San Juan to replace Nassau.  Grand Turk and Amber Cove are our other ports.  Scared me when I saw itinerary change email--I just knew we were going to Freeport😝

We did the ABC cruise on RCCL out of San Juan.  It was really nice.  They aren't my favorite ports but I'm really glad we got to go.  As others have said, it's not that easy to find a cruise that goes to all three.

I got an email this morning from my travel agent who said they changed the itenary to Curacao, Boniar and Amber Cove. But my Carnival hub still  says ABC islands. IDK... I really hate losing GR and Aruba plus HMC that is like a whole different cruise than I signed up for...... 

4 hours ago, HollyHobbie22 said:

I got an email this morning from my travel agent who said they changed the itenary to Curacao, Boniar and Amber Cove. But my Carnival hub still  says ABC islands. IDK... I really hate losing GR and Aruba plus HMC that is like a whole different cruise than I signed up for...... 

I booked through Carnival direct and actually noticed the ABC itinerary myself before I got an email from Carnival....I noticed it Wednesday night and got the email Thursday morning.   I just checked again on Carnival Hub (you had me nervous for a minute) and it still shows the ABC's.    But I'm with you, anymore changes and it will be like a whole different cruise.    I picked Freedom for the itinerary and size of ship.   I was also looking at Mardi Gras on same dates, but ultimately chose Freedom for itinerary and less capacity.    I'm thinking maybe your travel agent meant Aruba and not Amber Cove - at least I hope!