Is there a standard time that check-in opens?

rm1247

We have a cruise planned in January but check-in is currently unavailable. I understand that this is because they have pushed back the due date for final payment, but I also understand that it is ideal to check-in as soon as possible to get an early arrival time. Is there a date that check-in has typically opened? 60 days out? 45? Does it vary by ship and port?

Thanks for your help!

4 minutes ago, rm1247 said:

We have a cruise planned in January but check-in is currently unavailable. I understand that this is because they have pushed back the due date for final payment, but I also understand that it is ideal to check-in as soon as possible to get an early arrival time. Is there a date that check-in has typically opened? 60 days out? 45? Does it vary by ship and port?

Thanks for your help!

I believe ours was about 45 days.

FYI…. If you don’t get as early a time slot as you would like keep rechecking your check in information.  Several of us on our FB board were able to change to earlier times because sometimes they randomly open up more slots.  You just have to get lucky enough to grab one because they will go quickly….

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rm1247 said:

Thanks for your help!

My cruise is on 1/29/22 and my check in date is exactly 45 days before that date. 

My first time on the Symphony of the seas.
Happy Cruising !!

Its interesting that my check in date is before my final payment date with the change of final payment dates to 30 days prior to sailing. I am sailing on Oasis on 20 Mar, 2020 so my final payment will be 20 Feb, 2020 and my check in is 3 Feb. Oh well guess we have to go with the flow. 

31 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

Hit the silhouette icon the one on the far right. Toward the middle it has your check in date.

Thank you! I tried checking on the app but hadn't found it until I read your reply.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't see it or I don't know what I'm looking for.

In the app, click on the sailing you want. Assuming you are within the timeframe for it populate (less than about 90 days out), there will be a person outline in the upper right corner. 

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

In the app, click on the sailing you want. Assuming you are within the timeframe for it populate (less than about 90 days out), there will be a person outline in the upper right corner. 

Found it. Thanks.

I'm able to begin check in for a 12/4 on Symphony, but when it gets to the picking an arrival time stage, there's a pop up that says Not Quite Ready/check back closer to your cruise to select an arrival time and complete check in

The check in for my sailing (1/2/22) opens November 18.  Does anyone know what time check in opens? In other words, midnight on 11/18 or 9 a.m. or ?????

Thanks. I'm a bit OCD about travel planning  - I'd like to make a note on my calendar. I'd like to get as early a check in time for the ship as possible.

1 hour ago, shutterbug63 said:

Thanks for the info.  It's probably automated like when concert tickets go on sale.  I'm a long time veteran of being on a website at 8:59 a.m. when tickets go on sale at 9. 🙂

If RCI's IT department automated the system there is no telling when check-in will open.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, handbellplayer said:

My 1/16 cruise still says "We're working on the fun.  Check back later...."  We're less than 90 days out.  Should I just keep checking every day?

Since everyone on this thread is saying "45 days", I guess that you will have to wait a bit.  Or just keep checking.

13 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Since everyone on this thread is saying "45 days", I guess that you will have to wait a bit.  Or just keep checking.

Your check in will probably be on 12/2/21 because you are sailing 13 days before me.

Happy Cruising 

Edited by Maitaivegas

17 minutes ago, handbellplayer said:

My 1/16 cruise still says "We're working on the fun.  Check back later...."  We're less than 90 days out.  Should I just keep checking every day?

When I look at all 4 of my upcoming cruises in the app, each one tells me when the check-in opens. And all 4 of them are 45 days before sailing.  You should be able to see your check-in date by going to the app and clicking on the person icon.  That shows your stateroom, and check-in date.