RedneckBob live report from Equinox 10/29/21

RedneckBob

Hi y’all. RedneckBob hear reporting live from the Equinox (brief report).

Well, Celebrity has increased capacity to 1600 passengers. Checkin was a breeze though required to show docs several times. Heard a couple showed up at terminal not being tested for Covid. Where the h_ll have they been. Celebrity put them in a cab that took them to a place to be tested.

So far staff has been excellent! Food great! It appears boat has full crew for our sailing. Even with less people on board dining areas busy and bars full!

For us, the only problem has been our cabin. We are now in third different cabin but Celebrity upgraded us from Deck 7 to Deck 11. Will explain latter. That’s all for now. RedneckBob signing out

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, number one eagles fan said:

We board next week as well. We'll be hanging on every word. We are curious as to what your experiences are with any itinerary changes and availability of excursions.

Have a blast and don't forget to make your bed for us next Sunday.😁

Only if you plan to sleep on the balcony 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Only if you plan to sleep on the balcony 😎

Look forward to your travel log as it is always enjoyable.  As far as sleeping on the balcony, one of these days you are going to have to learn how to sleep inside and not always sleeping under the stars.  I hope that you have remembered to bring your tree with you for the balcony bathroom facilities.  LOL.  Have a great cruise.

@RedneckBob Glad to hear the cruise is going well!!! Certainly curious about hearing about the cabin. Surprised there are so many aboard.

As you know from the roll call, we had to cancel on Wenesday because of my wife's close contact with a friend who tested positive. (That friend got pretty seriously ill -- but not hospitalized -- and had a covid antibody infusion; doing better now. No one else in our group tested positive, fortunately.)

Good news: We rebooked for this same cruise for next October 6. Already made my Woodwind reservation for Bonaire!

Thanks for being the reporter from the cruise. If you all have a get together, please pass on a hello from us!

20 minutes ago, FLCruiser97 said:

@RedneckBobdon't leave us in suspense too long about the cabin. Anxious to hear what went wrong.

We booked a cabin on Deck 7 over a year ago. We are traveling with 12 others; most of all our cabins were next to each other. When we boarded and went to cabin there was no room keys in the slot outside so I went to guest services for our keys. Got the keys and went back to our cabin, opened the door and too my surprise the room was being used for storage. Went back to guest services and there apologized and gave us a cabin on Deck 8. We were never notified prior to boarding that our cabin was unavailable. Very upsetting that we were not with our party on Deck 7.

That night at about 11 pm there was this loud noises from several people in the cabin next to us for an hour. It sounded like some church service where all I kept hearing was that they kept getting closer to God or something like that 😲.

Well, the next day we went to GS and said this isn’t going to work so because of our problems we got a cabin on Deck 11, Aqua Class! So I thought it was a happy ending until next day we got charged extra tip of $8 per day for premium room. Well,  back to GS, to get this off the account. 

That’s my story and I am sticking to it.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

If it is not too much trouble, would you please include the ability to wander aimlessly at each port?

I sail EQ in a month, and I do have the official Celebrity list of ports where a ship tour is required to get off the ship. 

However, as some of the islands loosen restrictions, there is hope that Celebrity will pay attention and loosen their hold on our port time as well.

Also wondering if you have (had) and itinerary changes. 

Thanks  

1 hour ago, RedneckBob said:

One further thing. We have been sailing for over 45 years. So far this is the best staff and crew ever. Most friendly and waiting on you hand and foot, so to speak. It appears that there is a full crew for ship at 60% capacity.

That is the way we felt on Edge a few weeks ago. Good time to cruise!

1 hour ago, EatonDoolittle said:

If it is not too much trouble, would you please include the ability to wander aimlessly at each port?

I sail EQ in a month, and I do have the official Celebrity list of ports where a ship tour is required to get off the ship. 

However, as some of the islands loosen restrictions, there is hope that Celebrity will pay attention and loosen their hold on our port time as well.

Thanks  

We were sailing a week ago and one of the crew members told us port rules change almost every week. So what is ok now may not be later. We were able to walk into Cozumel and Roatan. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

One further thing. We have been sailing for over 45 years. So far this is the best staff and crew ever. Most friendly and waiting on you hand and foot, so to speak. It appears that there is a full crew for ship at 60% capacity.

Totally agree. We were on a few weeks ago and EVERYONE was wonderful

• Like 1

15 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Thanks  

Still on schedule, no changes. If I wander it will be in the water. Sorry.

Last night on board was great with Halloween plus party. Many passengers went all out on their costumes. A few examples:

There were a group of four who were the crew of the USS Minnow. I asked The Captain if in Aruba could he promise me a 3 hour tour 😳.

Then I ran into Dracula and said to him, “Please don’t hit me, I don’t want to go down for the count!” 😀

A man was dressed up as Fred Flintstone. He had to have stones to dress up like that 🥸

Then there was a lady dressed as a Nun. She was nun better.

Thats enough for now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1