RedneckBob live report from Equinox 10/29/21

RedneckBob

1 minute ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I hope not.  I think most passengers prefer to be served in the Oceanview Cafe.  It eliminates some of the inconsiderate and unsanitary habits of other cruisers.

The day all “legacy” buffets are replaced with made to order and staff served food halls can’t come soon enough

1 hour ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I hope not.  I think most passengers prefer to be served in the Oceanview Cafe.  It eliminates some of the inconsiderate and unsanitary habits of other cruisers.

Agree. Having dinner there right now. Nothing in MDR or Blu suits me. Just had a delicious pile of rice covered with a lamb curry sauce topped with a sprinkle of chopped bacon and a side of French fries. Life is good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, mufflogan said:

We were in 6173 and they were in 6177.  I randomly checked the app on Sunday, Oct. 24 and our cabins had been moved.  I don't know when it happened exactly... but that is when I noticed.  Celebrity moved us to a cabin on deck 10 that was pretty far forward and I have some motion sickness issues so I called to request that they move us more midship.  Thankfully they did and now we're really happy with our cabin.

Thanks. We are in 6246 and it hasn't changed.  I wouldn't mind a move to an unobstructed balcony but not going to push it. Did not want to bid on an upgrade but maybe I will ask if there are any other balconies available after we board.  Thanks!

55 minutes ago, durangokid said:

Thanks. We are in 6246 and it hasn't changed.  I wouldn't mind a move to an unobstructed balcony but not going to push it. Did not want to bid on an upgrade but maybe I will ask if there are any other balconies available after we board.  Thanks!

It never hurts to ask... good luck!  Sunday can't come soon enough!

• Like 1

Well, on the final home stretch. Did I say that entertainment has been very good. Had a comedian perform at 10 pm on two nights; he was excellent. Second night was the +18 show; but was great. Also a couple sang and the man played several musical instruments; was excellent and I here they are on the Nov 7 cruise.

Since I like to talk a lot both here and on our cruise ship I would like to give a little more detail of RNB Great Snorkel Adventure yesterday in Bonaire. (Similar to Pee Wee Herman’s Great Adventure Movie 😀). I was taken by water taxi from the mainland to a place about 41.34 yards from the beach at Kleine Bonaire at which time the Captain of the mighty water taxi told me to just jump in the water and swim a half mile to the beach. I said what! But I preceded to obey his instructions and in I went. The next 40 minutes I had the time of my life dodging turtles, stingrays and a shark. 😳. RNB had no problem with the shark. As it approached I switched to my serious facial look, held out my hand and proceeded to make it look like a gun. Then I did my best underwater impression of Clint Eastwood as the shark approached and screamed, “ ok punk, make my day”. Surprisely it did not work so I proceeded to say “shoe shark, go away”. Apparently that got the sharks attention and away it went. I made it to the beach a little worn out after experiencing the best snorkel adventure ever in Bonaire plus live another day to talk about it.

RNB, that’s my story and I am sticking to it.

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, RedneckBob said:

Since I like to talk a lot both here and on our cruise ship I would like to give a little more detail of RNB Great Snorkel Adventure yesterday in Bonaire. (Similar to Pee Wee Herman’s Great Adventure Movie 😀). I was taken by water taxi from the mainland to a place about 41.34 yards from the beach at Kleine Bonaire at which time the Captain of the mighty water taxi told me to just jump in the water and swim a half mile to the beach. I said what! But I preceded to obey his instructions and in I went. The next 40 minutes I had the time of my life dodging turtles, stingrays and a shark. 😳. RNB had no problem with the shark. As it approached I switched to my serious facial look, held out my hand and proceeded to make it look like a gun. Then I did my best underwater impression of Clint Eastwood as the shark approached and screamed, “ ok punk, make my day”. Surprisely it did not work so I proceeded to say “shoe shark, go away”. Apparently that got the sharks attention and away it went. I made it to the beach a little worn out after experiencing the best snorkel adventure ever in Bonaire plus live another day to talk about it.

RNB, that’s my story and I am sticking to it.

BA, ICYF. 

A Very Very Special Dessert

The following is a very very special story that happened last night in the Main Dining Room.

Our traveling buddies (6) dined at the same table for dinner at anytime dining for the first six days of the cruise. Each night, one of the dinners who I will call Bob, would order an appetizer and entree but when asked what he wished for dessert, Bob would say “Nothing”. Each nite Bob would repeat the same word for dessert, “Nothing”. On night seven at the MDR Bob completed his meal and once again the server asked him what he wanted for dessert. Bob once again said nothing while all other table mates ordered dessert.

When the desserts arrived at the table and too everyone’s surprise the server handed Bob the last dessert to be served. It was a large white plate with a metal cover. No one knew what to expect. We are counted down 3-2-1 before Bob removed the cover. 

Under the cover was no dessert, just a word spelled out on the plate in chocolate. The word was “Nothing”. Bob quickly got a spool and finished off the chocolate word.

This was a very very special dessert.

Ain’t the crew really special.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

Well, we just a day away from our final journey for our cruise. It has been a great cruise with so many wonderful experiences. Just finally to be back on a cruise is great. But don’t worry, some of the old habits on a cruise never change.

Even though the chairs around the pool never came close to be full, chair hogs are still here, even at 55% capacity.

Last night on Chic night in the MDR I observed several men walk in with shorts and flip flops. Can we just do away with the dress code. Ok, fashion police, I have not heard from y’all for a while.

Never really enjoyed Blu. Ate there two time during the cruise and the waiter messed up our order last nite and lobster tails were very tough. Only bad experience when dining was at Blu

Cabin steward was excellent.

More to come as our final day at sea continues

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

A Very Very Special Dessert

The following is a very very special story that happened last night in the Main Dining Room.

Our traveling buddies (6) dined at the same table for dinner at anytime dining for the first six days of the cruise. Each night, one of the dinners who I will call Bob, would order an appetizer and entree but when asked what he wished for dessert, Bob would say “Nothing”. Each nite Bob would repeat the same word for dessert, “Nothing”. On night seven at the MDR Bob completed his meal and once again the server asked him what he wanted for dessert. Bob once again said nothing while all other table mates ordered dessert.

When the desserts arrived at the table and too everyone’s surprise the server handed Bob the last dessert to be served. It was a large white plate with a metal cover. No one knew what to expect. We are counted down 3-2-1 before Bob removed the cover. 

Under the cover was no dessert, just a word spelled out on the plate in chocolate. The word was “Nothing”. Bob quickly got a spool and finished off the chocolate word.

This was a very very special dessert.

Ain’t the crew really special.

Saw nearly the same thing on a cruise years ago….the waiter brought this to the table to a lady who never ordered dessert

9AD77C71-25B4-4B50-8B53-4D4B9F4F3220.jpeg

• Like 1

@RedneckBob, I don’t know if you mentioned this earlier, but has the Xcelerate Internet program been implemented on the Equinox where you by default get the Basic Surf WiFi package included with the All Included promotion unless you’re in a suite where you get the streaming version? The reason I’m asking is because we’re currently on the Apex and need to upgrade to the streaming package in order to even access the threads on CC boards as well as many other multifaceted websites. 

24 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

@RedneckBob, I don’t know if you mentioned this earlier, but has the Xcelerate Internet program been implemented on the Equinox where you by default get the Basic Surf WiFi package included with the All Included promotion unless you’re in a suite where you get the streaming version? The reason I’m asking is because we’re currently on the Apex and need to upgrade to the streaming package in order to even access the threads on CC boards as well as many other multifaceted websites. 

I can't speak for which you get for a suite but can for everything else.  There's basic and Premium, basic wouldn't load cruisecritic and was generally extremely slow, premium is by no means fast but I can't really complain about it as I've done multiple facetimes without issues.  On most if not all X ships you can upgrade from the basic to premium and pay the pro rated per day difference; can do that at anytime from the log in screen.  They also sell an 24 hour upgrade pass, that requires a visit to the iLounge.  They're giving your Capt Club status internet discount as well.  Also remember most ports usually have a bar/restaurant/coffee shop with free wifi and in some cases like Aruba, there's free strong wifi right at the pier.

Edited by NutsAboutGolf
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I can't speak for which you get for a suite but can for everything else.  There's basic and Premium, basic wouldn't load cruisecritic and was generally extremely slow, premium is by no means fast but I can't really complain about it as I've done multiple facetimes without issues.  On most if not all X ships you can upgrade from the basic to premium and pay the pro rated per day difference; can do that at anytime from the log in screen.  They also sell an 24 hour upgrade pass, that requires a visit to the iLounge.  They're giving your Capt Club status internet discount as well.  Also remember most ports usually have a bar/restaurant/coffee shop with free wifi and in some cases like Aruba, there's free strong wifi right at the pier.

Thanks for confirming what we’ve also been experiencing on the Apex booked in a SV, initially using the basic package until we went to see the folks in the iLounge. Our basic speed was about 0.43 mbps but increased to a blistering 1.5 to 2 mbps once we upgraded to the streaming package. 😎

27 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

I have had no problem getting on internet or Cruise critic.

I was assuming you didn’t have any issues since you’re continually posting to your thread. If I might ask when you log onto your account’s onboard internet service, what Service Type is displayed, Xcelerate stre… (for streaming) or Voucher_GS (for the basic service)?

For example:

Folio number: (Shipboard account number

Username: (user name)

Duration: End of Voyage

Devices: 1

Service Type: Xcelerate stre… (if using the new streaming package) 

Service Type: Voucher_GS… (if using Xcelerate basic package)