Warning about Bianax Now Tests

llarsen

Hi there,

I just wanted to warn others who will be using the BianaxNow AG Covid (Proctored) Home Test for travel.

We have used this test 5 times with no problems...until last night.

We have a large family reunion cruise leaving out of Long Beach TODAY,  and one person in our group could not test until late last night.

Her test had NO FLUID in the dropper to complete her test!! 

I have 2 extra tests and will be bringing them to her this morning, and praying that they have fluid (they are from the same shipment as one that had no fluid)

So if you are ordering these tests for travel...ORDER EXTRA KITS or it could mean you miss your cruise or international flight if something goes wrong with your kit.

Also I would test at the earliest time allowed for your travel.

Please wish us luck!

• Like 4

I don't believe Long Beach has testing at the terminal at this time.

I know our grandkids have to be retested today at $150 each before boarding ship, but I didn't see it available as an option for others.

If anyone knows that it is indeed available at the terminal, Please let us know!

Thank you!

1 hour ago, llarsen said:

I don't believe Long Beach has testing at the terminal at this time.

I know our grandkids have to be retested today at $150 each before boarding ship, but I didn't see it available as an option for others.

If anyone knows that it is indeed available at the terminal, Please let us know!

Thank you!

33158BB1-1A2A-42C2-BAFC-11B250C1BC36.jpeg.6c901b55f9f002441de0c7b66eaccc73.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Ty for the heads up OP, this is the second time I have heard of this happening. I am sure the vast majority of the kits are good to go but I agree, have a back up kit and a back up testing option if possible. 

Its like flying the day before... costs more with hotels and expenses but its worth it for buffer we give ourselves.

Nothing like adding more stress to an already stressful situation.  We plan to use these tests in early Dec.  Two of our boxes out of four were a little not perfect looking upon receiving them.  Hoping all is good inside once we open them.  Our back up plan isn’t ideal….testing at the airport. Hoping we don’t have any issues!

wish they would save those at port testing slots for day of or day prior sign up. If you give people the option early it will be abused and people who NEED it (can't get testing cause their appointments are cancelled last minute or issue with home test kits) are screwed. Should do last minute sign ups and proof that you tried to take the test somewhere else.

Edited by Ellusionz
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Roscoe13 said:

33158BB1-1A2A-42C2-BAFC-11B250C1BC36.jpeg.6c901b55f9f002441de0c7b66eaccc73.jpeg

I'll be cruising Pride from Tampa on 11/21/21 - I did not receive an email like the one above.  Is there anywhere to go directly on Carnival's website without having a link to click?  I've been looking but have not been able to find anywhere to schedule a test.

When I did the test three weeks ago, it was fine.  However, when my husband did the test, the prompter missed the part about telling him to take off the strip and secure the test.  We secured it on our own but the test was thrown out due to the proctor not giving the correct directions.  Be careful!!

I have to say, it's pretty astounding that we have a situation where people are purchasing a minimum of 2 kits per person because of quality control issues.  Can you imagine any other scenario where a business would be rewarded because the product could be damaged or missing components? I hope that they're getting leaned on to fix the issues that they're having by some agency somewhere! I'm trying to picture any other product in the history of time where I voluntarily bought a minimum of two hoping one would work, LOL!  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Today is Friday, November 5th.  I am leaving on the Horizon from Miami on the 7th.  We just went to Walgreens for our Rapid Antigen Test which was done while we sat in the car.  We drove home and received our results via email within the hour.  They did not ask for insurance cards so the test was free.  Walgreens' web site was the only one that was easy to book an appointment on, however, you can only book an appointment two days prior to test.

I tried, in vain, to book our test on CVS' web site and could not navigate their web site.  We also tried booking at Quest Diagnostics and it listed two locations that were supposedly doing Rapid Antigen testing, however, I drove to one location that was close to my home in a strip mall and they informed me that they no longer perform that test and I drove to a location listed inside a Walmart store and was told by the Pharmacist that Quest no longer occupied space in their store.  So, be careful if you're trying to book at a Quest listed inside a Walmart store, the web site was allowing me to make an appointment but I had been to this particular Walmart before and didn't remember seeing a Quest inside the store.  The reason I drove to the mall location was because I had a question about testing and tried to contact them by phone and there was only a recorded message without the ability to speak to a live person.

I live in south Florida within easy driving distance to a few Walgreens, CVS, MedExpress, ExpressDocs, etc.  Walgreens was free, easy web site to navigate and test results within an hour of your test.

Best of luck to everyone.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ryanpatricksmom said:

I have to say, it's pretty astounding that we have a situation where people are purchasing a minimum of 2 kits per person because of quality control issues.  Can you imagine any other scenario where a business would be rewarded because the product could be damaged or missing components? I hope that they're getting leaned on to fix the issues that they're having by some agency somewhere! I'm trying to picture any other product in the history of time where I voluntarily bought a minimum of two hoping one would work, LOL!  

I would not be so quick to blame  the defects on quality control issues at the manufacturer or distributer.

The product is an in vitro diagnostic product that has the storage conditions (temperature range) listed on the package.

Time spent outside that range could very well cause the problem with evaporated liquid.

That is why there are warnings that someone must be home to accept the test kits and not leave them sitting in hot weather (or freezing temperatures).

There is also those that travel with the kits and leave them in checked luggage to sit out on the airport tarmac or in the hold of the airplane. Leaving them in the trunk of a car during a long drive to the port would also cause storage conditions.

If one must travel with the kits, make sure that they are  packed in the carry on luggage or if by car, maintained at the temperature inside the passenger compartment (no leaving them to bake at 120 F in the car during a food break).

1 hour ago, Bigguy24 said:

I just took it two hours ago. It could not be any easier. Results were emailed before the video call ended. You get a copy you can print or you get a QR code on the app.  Simple

So when you get to the port for your cruise you can just show them the email from Walgreens? And when I look on the Walgreen's web site it says "Rapid Diagnostic Test"...is that the same thing as an Antigen test?

Howard

Edited by HLR

2 hours ago, Bigguy24 said:

I just took it two hours ago. It could not be any easier. Results were emailed before the video call ended. You get a copy you can print or you get a QR code on the app.  Simple

Hi BigGuy!

The QR code is on the app? I just called Walgreen and the recording said "Test results do not come with QR Codes". Please to explain. Thanks!

I have heard of this before.  On my October cruise, we ended up having people share their extra tests with other people in the roll call that was not on here.  I have extras for my next cruise and will offer them to anyone that has this issue.