Celebrity MoveUp Question - Sky Suite v Concierge Aft Balcony

bally352

We're booked in an aft cabin Concierge Class (on the Milleninium, Nov 25 sailing) with what looks like a very large balcony - and we were excited to get it! 

We've never had an aft cabin, but heard it's a terrific experience. What do people think about trying to MoveUp to a Sky Suite - which would have a much smaller balcony, but better amenities? 

Jeff

I spent 19 days last month on Summit in suites and will be going back again Nov 22 for 10 days in an aft concierge class.  I prefer the M-class aft cabins to all others in the fleet.  If I could have an M-class PH, that'd be the best aft cabin of all.  When you MoveUp, you won't get the premium bev pkg or streaming wifi included.  You will get Luminae which is very nice but I found I ordered off the MDR menu more than half the time, plus Luminae was crowded and hectic.  I'd save my money and keep the aft and then just upgrade the wifi, for sure, and probably the bev pkg.  This is just my own take away from recent cruises.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

I spent 19 days last month on Summit in suites and will be going back again Nov 22 for 10 days in an aft concierge class.  I prefer the M-class aft cabins to all others in the fleet.  If I could have an M-class PH, that'd be the best aft cabin of all.  When you MoveUp, you won't get the premium bev pkg or streaming wifi included.  You will get Luminae which is very nice but I found I ordered off the MDR menu more than half the time, plus Luminae was crowded and hectic.  I'd save my money and keep the aft and then just upgrade the wifi, for sure, and probably the bev pkg.  This is just my own take away from recent cruises.

Care to explain why, if this person were to win a move up offer, he/she would not get the amenities which are associated with a sky suite?

2 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Care to explain why, if this person were to win a move up offer, he/she would not get the amenities which are associated with a sky suite?

There is a difference between perks and amenities.  You do not receive the perks, which include the drink package and Wifi, just the amenities which include Luminae and the Retreat Lounge.  

• Like 2

Everyone's opinion differs, but I would stay in the C1.  There is nothing like that balcony except for the PH.  I'm not a fan of the suite class on MClass ships especially after the redo.  I find Luminae too small for the amount of passengers, the sundeck doesn't have a pool or bar just a hot tub and we thought the lounge wasn't comfortable or inviting at all after the redo.  We also didn't find the storage adequate with the Hoppen design.  Less closet space and more low cabinets and shelving to store things.

With the move up, you will receive Luminae, the Retreat Lounge and sundeck which are the standard inclusions for all suites.  Your perks that you have on your current reservation, if any, will carry over to the suite, but you won't get anything additional that you don't already have.  Since you will also be doing the Move Up, you will not get the additional captains club points either.  

Good luck.  

• Like 2

Appreciate all the feedback...one of the benefits I was wondering about was access to the Retreat...but based on feedback, I think we're going to stay where we are - really looking forward to aft balcony!

Thanks!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

There is a difference between perks and amenities.  You do not receive the perks, which include the drink package and Wifi, just the amenities which include Luminae and the Retreat Lounge.  

I understand the difference between perks and amenities.  That's why I'm asking why they would not get the sky suite amenities which include the premium drink package and streaming wi-fi.

We're a fan of the Aft cabins, but if the price is right I'd make an offer for an SS. The one thing to be aware of in an aft cabin is that the gentle side to side rocking will be head to toe at night. Once you get used to it it's not an issue. Just a little weird when you first realize it. Either way you'll have a great cruise.

13 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I understand the difference between perks and amenities.  That's why I'm asking why they would not get the sky suite amenities which include the premium drink package and streaming wi-fi.

Because they, along with the gratuities and OBC, are Retreat perks rather than suite amenities. 

On 11/5/2021 at 11:10 AM, bally352 said:

We're booked in an aft cabin Concierge Class (on the Milleninium, Nov 25 sailing) with what looks like a very large balcony - and we were excited to get it! 

We've never had an aft cabin, but heard it's a terrific experience. What do people think about trying to MoveUp to a Sky Suite - which would have a much smaller balcony, but better amenities? 

Jeff

We did an aft Sky Suite on the Equinox last August, it was a nice experience, but now that we have done it, not again. We love the Retreat and are only booking at least Sky Suites going forward with Celebrity. The Retreat amenities and service trumps having a bigger balcony every time in my opinion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

We did an aft Sky Suite on the Equinox last August, it was a nice experience, but now that we have done it, not again. We love the Retreat and are only booking at least Sky Suites going forward with Celebrity. The Retreat amenities and service trumps having a bigger balcony every time in my opinion.

Totally agree re Retreat and what it includes.  Many are not happy with AI but to me, it is what it is, for now anyway.  I know it is more expensive, but the experience and the service makes up for it.  

14 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Totally agree re Retreat and what it includes.  Many are not happy with AI but to me, it is what it is, for now anyway.  I know it is more expensive, but the experience and the service makes up for it.  

We loved AI on the Equinox and the $800 OBC from the Retreat. When we disembarked our total bill was only $200 for the future cruise credit we booked while onboard. First time  on any cruise we didn't owe hundreds for the normal nickel and diming of most cruise lines.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1