Left something in stateroom before disembarking.

die_hard

8 hours ago, die_hard said:

Does anyone know how to get in contact with someone on the ship after disembarking? We left something in the room before leaving the ship this morning and customer service has not been any help. 

I did the same last Sunday. I called Royal and was told to send an email to lostitemstatus@rccl.com

I received a reply 2 days later. In the meantime, I called Royal a second time and was told to go to www.chargerback.com

When I received the reply email, I was asked if I had visited the chargerback site. I never registered with that site. It was confirmed by the rccl email that my forgotten item was found and turned in. The replacement cost of the forgotten item was close to the fee to have it returned. I asked if the steward could be given the watch I forgot. The person emailing with me said they would forward my request to the ship.

Good luck getting your items returned.

• Like 3

This is too late for Die Hard, but it IS possible to get things you left in the room back while at the port.  My husband left his hearing aids.  We realized as we were leaving but could not return to ship.  At the exit we asked one of the uniformed people and they indicated we should sit down and wait.  We waited quite a while.  Meantime, a man walked up to the lady sitting next to us holding something HE had left in the room so we asked him about it.  He said oh yes, just go around the back to a lady at the counter and ask her.  My husband did that and about 15 minutes later returned with his hearing aids.  He said they radioed back to the ship (just like a previous person mentioned) and checked the room and the stateroom steward had already found them.  I don't know what would have happened if we had just kept sitting there as the first person indicated, and she sure didn't indicate there was a way to go to that counter to ask about help.

• Like 2

I left a pair of spectacles in the cabin on our recent Anthem cruise. Never did get them back despite a nice lady shoreside radioing the ship. She said our cabin attendant had checked and they weren’t there although I had told her exactly where they were (on the balcony table). My guess was that the attendant was too busy to actually look.

The questions should have been, "Is she sure she left them on the desk? When did she realize she left them there? Why was Customer Service no help?"

Each of these can help people offer specific advice. On the first, to make sure the bag wasn't knocked behind something or caught up in the bedlinens when the room was cleaned, so a request to look might be expanded.

The second would help ensure it wasn't packed in a different place than planned and it might show up when unpacking at home (memory is funny, several threads have had this happen), or it could have been stolen from luggage checked on a plane.

Third question could help get better assistance (which people have offered).

Edited by mayleeman

18 hours ago, CaroleC said:

I left a pair of spectacles in the cabin on our recent Anthem cruise. Never did get them back despite a nice lady shoreside radioing the ship. She said our cabin attendant had checked and they weren’t there although I had told her exactly where they were (on the balcony table). My guess was that the attendant was too busy to actually look.

The people who clean out the rooms on turnaround day often are NOT your cabin steward.  They have groups of other workers who have this job on turnaround day.

9 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

The people who clean out the rooms on turnaround day often are NOT your cabin steward.  They have groups of other workers who have this job on turnaround day.

I think it was our cabin attendant on this particular occasion. We were a little late leaving (overslept 🙈) and as we came out of the cabin he was in the hallway and asked us if we were finished in there as he wanted to start preparing it for the next guests. Completely my own fault, if we hadn’t overslept I wouldn’t have been rushing and forgetting things lol.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, goldengirl said:

Do you have travel insurance that you took out? You may be able to file a claim good luck

Homeowners insurance covers jewelry, although up to a limit.  I think ours is like 20K so we added additional insurance for a couple of items.  The only personal items I've seen covered by travel insurance is lost luggage and that usually only covers like $500.

I had to use the chargerback site after leaving DW's cell phone in the cabin in September on a Sunday to Sunday cruise.  We were back home - three hours away - before realizing that it probable fell off the desk table onto the chair.  I called the number and guest services answered.  Unfortunately they could not have it fed-xed until the following week.  It cost about twenty bucks to have it shipped.  

Thank you chargerback and our room attendant!  

11 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

And often those cleaning the rooms on turn around day ARE the regular room stewards.