Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

1 hour ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Like the way you give us the good news before the bad!

Great to hear that Piraeus no longer require a negative test - we join the Quest there in just over 4 weeks and were trying to decide how best to organise tests. One less thing to worry about now. Just have to worry about how many Schweppes to buy!

The hotel I stayed in sent a nurse to my room. After that went out for the day.

I must of been on one of the last cruises.

3 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Just onboard Journey. Guest count is 530 apparently. As of last night Greece port no longer requires a negative Covid test prior to boarding. It's great to be back at last. 

Phil 

Ps. Like a turd that won't flush😀

E4C7BE1F-DAE4-4EAA-AAC0-C5BE38AC460A.jpeg

On the Journey, earlier in the month in The Living Room 😂2C622B01-8BC9-42C8-84C9-A4D83100F4E4.thumb.jpeg.d5c562392219888622eafebca6ff1e2b.jpeg

• Like 2

On 9/21/2022 at 4:18 PM, Lookyboy said:

Fingers crossed for you.😁

Glad to be reading all this as I had not heard about the breakfasts in Aqualina. We will be on Pursuit for the TA from Lisbon to Rio in late Nov. First time back on AZ in 3 yrs. Good luck on getting a chance on a suite. We got an email to bid on a larger suite today. Would have to bid at least $2k pp. That is a no for us. We are looking forward to being back at sea. Thank you for the information.  Alice

4 hours ago, Bernergirl said:

Glad to be reading all this as I had not heard about the breakfasts in Aqualina. We will be on Pursuit for the TA from Lisbon to Rio in late Nov. First time back on AZ in 3 yrs. Good luck on getting a chance on a suite. We got an email to bid on a larger suite today. Would have to bid at least $2k pp. That is a no for us. We are looking forward to being back at sea. Thank you for the information.  Alice

On Onward's inaugural voyage, I came across the breakfast by chance whilst out running on the deck one morning.....spotting a sign outside Aqualina. At first I thought it was 'by invitation' or by loyalty level as there had been no mention of this anywhere. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, uktog said:

In relation to the wine substitutions for the Ultimate Package this is the substitutes today for Journey. The champagne is a huge disappointment  

C31AA910-C908-43C4-A151-B8CD18287465.jpeg

The Matua SB could be an OK replacement. Is it a white or blue label?

Agree about the Montaudon champagne, but the NF wasn't that good, either.

I’ve had the Montaudon served as a pre departure beverage once when flying back to London.  Was pleasant in comparison to the Alaya champagne that had been appearing on the ground for a while before.  
Not a patch on the Taittinger  that was being served onboard at the time. 
I may be in the minority, but, have always liked Feuillatte.  

Would be happier if Azamara used the same substitutes as were available earlier this year, Clicquot, Lanson and Taittinger. 

Always notice Domaine Chandon is available on the ultimate package. Never had an issue with that, although it’s years since I’ve drank it.  Was available in the UK as White Shadow (I think) and was never as easy drinking as the apparent same product sold in North America as Domaine Chandon.  

31 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Any idea what "Kindly deplete it with 100% discount" means?

My guess is that it’s saying if anyone with the Ultimate Package buys this wine, they pay nothing even  though it’s not initially designated as being part of the package (if that makes sense)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

My guess is that it’s saying if anyone with the Ultimate Package buys this wine, they pay nothing even  though it’s not initially designated as being part of the package (if that makes sense)

It does.  I was hoping it meant you could have Opus One for free.  [hah!]

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, uktog said:

In relation to the wine substitutions for the Ultimate Package this is the substitutes today for Journey. The champagne is a huge disappointment  

C31AA910-C908-43C4-A151-B8CD18287465.jpeg

Hi @uktog!  Hope you are having a great time back onboard!

I have a question…..how did you happen to see this list?  Was it by enquiring about the current wines?  Is there now a list like this available to everyone to see as you make your drink order?  It would certainly make life easier if this was available at all the bars.

9 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Do they have a Blanc de Noirs Champagne?

A decent Blanc de Noirs is my preferred sparkling wine.  I didn't find any on the Onward earlier this year, or on Seabourn Odyssey this summer.   But they had it on Princess this spring (Gloria Ferrer), and even included it in the beverage package (though only if we ordered it in the wine bar, not in the MDR). 

The vagaries of supply chains and ordering decisions are always somewhat unpredictable. 

14 minutes ago, curmudgeon98 said:

A decent Blanc de Noirs is my preferred sparkling wine.  I didn't find any on the Onward earlier this year, or on Seabourn Odyssey this summer.   But they had it on Princess this spring (Gloria Ferrer), and even included it in the beverage package (though only if we ordered it in the wine bar, not in the MDR). 

The vagaries of supply chains and ordering decisions are always somewhat unpredictable. 

I shouldn't have said 'Champagne.'  I wouldn't expect a French Blanc de Noirs Champagne because AFAIK they tend to be more expensive [e.g. Bollinger].  But since the California sparkler from Chandon was mentioned:  they make a Blanc de Noirs at a similar price point to their Blanc de Blancs.  But I guess you and I have unusual taste, and Blanc de Blancs is what most people expect...

8 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

Hi @uktog!  Hope you are having a great time back onboard!

I have a question…..how did you happen to see this list?  Was it by enquiring about the current wines?  Is there now a list like this available to everyone to see as you make your drink order?  It would certainly make life easier if this was available at all the bars.

It was at the table where they were promoting the beverage package in Mosaic beside the flyers for the package. 
I had the Craggy Range unoaked Chardonnay last night.  It was very pleasant

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, uktog said:

It was at the table where they were promoting the beverage package in Mosaic beside the flyers for the package. 
I had the Craggy Range unoaked Chardonnay last night.  It was very pleasant

Thanks for the info.  I like that they are being upfront with their supply and the substitutions that are available.  Hope we see that on all the ships going forward.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

As I've said to a few friends, both onboard and at home, I'm blown away by my Journey cruise. The crew are amazing, both new and old.  I am very happy to be back on Azamara after far too long away. 

Phil 

Can’t wait for ours in under 5 weeks!

• Like 4

On 9/24/2022 at 3:54 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

Just onboard Journey. Guest count is 530 apparently. As of last night Greece port no longer requires a negative Covid test prior to boarding. It's great to be back at last. 

Phil 

Ps. Like a turd that won't flush😀

E4C7BE1F-DAE4-4EAA-AAC0-C5BE38AC460A.jpeg

I have found this for my vodka soda. Apparently lots onboard and much better than the Royal Club👍

Phil 

97CD4C88-A42F-4CE2-B6FD-90306C8E793F.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I have found this for my vodka soda. Apparently lots onboard and much better than the Royal Club👍

Phil 

97CD4C88-A42F-4CE2-B6FD-90306C8E793F.jpeg

The one Royal Club offering that I have no problem with is the Club Soda. It tastes of carbonated nothingness, which is exactly what I’m looking for!😁 They just need to sort out the tonic problem, though!

• Like 3