Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

This week on Journey we escaped to Prime C which was also an excellent option. 
White Night is always queues and loud music so you have to go expecting that or making plans to avoid. 
There are the all white cheerleaders and the rest ..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nippy Sweetie said:

White night last night on Onward. We did attend duly dressed in white but found it a bit disorganised. We're not fans of queues and loud music so scuttled away to Discoveries. Looked like we weren't the only escapees. Many tables occupied. Some by those in white but also others who'd obviously had no intention of going to the deck party. The menu was great.

I'm sure most passengers enjoyed the white night but I'm posting this for others who might not fancy it and to show they are not alone and that alternatives are available. 

That’s why I sit at the bar end of the pool deck, away from the speakers.  Unless dancing, of course!  Many people do eat inside and join the party later though.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Port Power said:

That’s why I sit at the bar end of the pool deck, away from the speakers.  Unless dancing, of course!  Many people do eat inside and join the party later though.

This is what we do. White Night is a great night to eat at whichever speciality restaurant is open that night (usually only one on White Night) and then party afterwards.

• Like 2

Our White Night starts with a social drink at the Pool Bar then a meal in whichever speciality is open then back out to join the party, I know many enjoy the deck buffet and we respect this but it’s not our thing. 
As someone who doesn’t look good in white I would prefer something like a Bright Night, would mean not having to take something to wear for just one night. We were caught out on our first Azamara cruise as we knew nothing about it actually wore black and nobody batted an eyelid 😁

• Like 2

Well said!  Not everyone can wear white and many guests are from countries where there is very little opportunity if any to wear white. Add to that even if I wanted to I’d struggle to buy anything white in a shop just now. 
I think it’s easier for guests from US to find outfits but I was surprised this cruise how many US guests ate and drank elsewhere and did not wear white out of choice. 
Bright (or sparking) nights and less focus on the outdoors buffet would be a perfect compromise 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Travels with Lisa said:

Good morning

Can anyone tell me of there Covid testing still available (for a fee, of course) on the Quest?

TIA

There is no mention anywhere if it being available onboard unless you have symptoms 

Edited by uktog

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Well said!  Not everyone can wear white and many guests are from countries where there is very little opportunity if any to wear white. Add to that even if I wanted to I’d struggle to buy anything white in a shop just now. 
I think it’s easier for guests from US to find outfits but I was surprised this cruise how many US guests ate and drank elsewhere and did not wear white out of choice. 
Bright (or sparking) nights and less focus on the outdoors buffet would be a perfect compromise 

Lots of people just wear a white tee shirt and any pair of pants they happen to bring. Who can't wear that? I guess I don't understand "not everyone can wear white"

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, tgg said:

Lots of people just wear a white tee shirt and any pair of pants they happen to bring. Who can't wear that? I guess I don't understand "not everyone can wear white"

As Riocca has confirmed already some people do not suit white or feel comfortable wearing white. 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, tgg said:

Not everyone wants to wear white or is going to make room in their suitcase for a token white item that won’t get worn at any other time.

• Like 4

On our recent Journey White Night we also went to the MDR to eat and then came back up on deck later to enjoy the music - we really liked the songs played and watching the high energy of the entertainers. The weather was perfect. But a suggestion I would make to Azamara is to not serve the food outside in a rather cramped space but to keep the food in Windows and folks can easily walk outside to the tables. It just seemed very crowded where the food was being served. But overall, we found it a pleasant evening and the staff went to so much work to put all those tables out on the deck.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, luvtocruise923 said:

Hi Everyone,

We'll be on Quest soon...so excited to finally travel!  Does anyone know if there are mahjong sets available to use on Quest?

Thanks,

Pauline

You can get mahjong set from Guest Relations, they have it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, luvtocruise923 said:

Hi Everyone,

We'll be on Quest soon...so excited to finally travel!  Does anyone know if there are mahjong sets available to use on Quest?

Thanks,

Pauline

We were just on Journey. There was a closet in the Living Room behind the computers with various board games . I saw a mahjong set. 

• Like 1

Managed to get to the guest chefs table last night. Only one word to describe it - stunning. Two and a half hours of wonderful food accompanied by lovely wines. The wines apparently nearly didn't make the sailing as they were put on Pusuit in Ravenna and had to be rescued by Iwan.20221019_161927.thumb.jpg.eedc00dca76c01bda691f08d23751938.jpg

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, Belfastman said:

Managed to get to the guest chefs table last night. Only one word to describe it - stunning. Two and a half hours of wonderful food accompanied by lovely wines. The wines apparently nearly didn't make the sailing as they were put on Pusuit in Ravenna and had to be rescued by Iwan.20221019_161927.thumb.jpg.eedc00dca76c01bda691f08d23751938.jpg

Wow, that looks great!

On 10/14/2022 at 5:20 PM, marinaro44 said:

Sounds nutty.  So you commit to booking your flights with Azamara (and pay) without knowing what the flights are and then you're stuck with whatever they give you?  Why would anyone do that?

Have had a bit of a nightmare with this very thing over recent weeks. Whole package paid in full at end of July and still no flights arranged until we made an absolute nuisance of ourselves with a well-known travel agent. Eventually, travel agent was forced to tell us that they were (new policy) unwilling to book flights until a couple of weeks before departure as they would have to pay for them, and if cancelled, they would be out of pocket.... Had to point out that WE HAD paid for them at the end of July!! Never again will be buy a 'package' as this one was sold.

• Like 3

On 10/15/2022 at 7:36 AM, lisiamc said:

They used to use Elemis a few years ago, didn’t they? I prefer it, but the Eco Boutique stuff is ok - inoffensive, at least.

Elemis was fantastic back in those days. Such a shame it was discontinued.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, asnaleah said:

Do you know if this guest chef table will be offered on all ships?

The plan is to extend this to all ships using guest chefs relevant to the area the ship is sailing. It will not be offered on all sailings but to a few throughout the year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Belfastman said:

The plan is to extend this to all ships using guest chefs relevant to the area the ship is sailing. It will not be offered on all sailings but to a few throughout the year.

Good. The menu shown wasn’t that appealing to me compared to the existing French menu, and the wines are not nearly as good (or as varied) as what we had on Journey last week. Maybe future iterations will appeal more to me, and they surely will to those who are tired of the existing menus. 

26 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Good. The menu shown wasn’t that appealing to me compared to the existing French menu, and the wines are not nearly as good (or as varied) as what we had on Journey last week. Maybe future iterations will appeal more to me, and they surely will to those who are tired of the existing menus. 

I am sick to death of the French menu

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Interestingly people on this cruise who had both the French chefs table and the guest chefs table were much more impressed by the latter. But each to their own I guess.

Edited by Belfastman