Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

17 hours ago, cruisingaussies said:

Hi again.

First of all, do hope you're feeling OK, so sorry you're getting rough weather and will soon be out of it.

I just re-read your post, plus a friend who is also on the 01 March segment with us just rang Azamara in Aus, who are now saying they contacted the Admin Documentation Officer on board the ship, and he said we do not need to get a visa.  And this agrees with what the Documentation Officer told you.  Has to be the same person?

This is getting more complicated than an Indian visa, which is saying a lot!  At least, the Indian one was a nightmare a few years ago, maybe it got easier.

Hoping for smooth seas for you soon 🤞

Same person.His name is Joy. He said we do not need one.American.. but anything could change in the next month. I have mine but wish agent waited until I was on ship.

There are many of us still staggering around the ship. Captain G’s noon hour report that the ocean will quiet down some starting later tonight.

My FDA approved Eme Term pulsating wrist band is doing it’s job of keeping me free of motion sickness.

Time for Captain and HD Q&A.

Life continues on Onward.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Roel94 said:

Same person.His name is Joy. He said we do not need one.American.. but anything could change in the next month. I have mine but wish agent waited until I was on ship.

Again, thank you so much, you've helped four of us with your posts.  Do hope you're in calmer waters now.

We're counting down the days until we embark in Sydney on 01 March.

Take care and thanks again.

4 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

There are many of us still staggering around the ship. Captain G’s noon hour report that the ocean will quiet down some starting later tonight.

My FDA approved Eme Term pulsating wrist band is doing it’s job of keeping me free of motion sickness.

Time for Captain and HD Q&A.

Life continues on Onward.

Mid ship is best. I can not do forward. 
My pills are working just fine.

Eating late lunch and will read this afternoon.

Much warmer in the middle of no where..heading to NZ. Got to enjoy pool deck ,track and band. Now relaxing before dinner.tomorrow night our Chinese New year  event. Looking forward to Asian food.

soon Bay of Islands..going to ferry to Russel Island for a few hours.

On the Onward we enjoyed another Chef’s Rice Table feast last night. We followed up dinner being entertained by guest performer Tom Seal’s. What a fantastic performer.

Tonight we will have a pool side buffet as we celebrate Lunar New Year. Martin and Roy will be performing in Cabaret tonight.

We will be crossing International Date Line so we will be watching the Super Bowl on Monday. The Super Bowl will be aired in the Cabaret Lounge and game will start at 11:00 AM!

Another day at sea and we have blue skies.  
Life is good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

On the Onward we enjoyed another Chef’s Rice Table feast last night. We followed up dinner being entertained by guest performer Tom Seal’s. What a fantastic performer.

Tonight we will have a pool side buffet as we celebrate Lunar New Year. Martin and Roy will be performing in Cabaret tonight.

We will be crossing International Date Line so we will be watching the Super Bowl on Monday. The Super Bowl will be aired in the Cabaret Lounge and game will start at 11:00 AM!

Another day at sea and we have blue skies.  
Life is good.

Those rice tables are something!  I finally attended my first one this past June.  There is so much food!  We walked away stuffed, but happy! 

Thanks for your continued uodates from your world cruise! 

• Like 2

Just now, takemewithyou said:

Those rice tables are something!  I finally attended my first one this past June.  There is so much food!  We walked away stuffed, but happy! 

Thanks for your continued uodates from your world cruise! 

Well Bruce been to two and I not seen one in any restaurant or pool. Strange 

Last night’s Chinese Lunar New Year was a great dining experience. Lot’s of fine Chinese menu selections to choose from and themed decorated evening with great weather added to a memorable evening.

Today’s Super Bowl Monday was well attended and the culinary team did a great job of catering with some traditional game day snacks. Yes we skipped Sunday by crossing International Date Line.

We started the day with the Pacific smooth as glass but an increase of wind has us staggering around with the ships movement.

Another great day on Azamara Onward.

image.thumb.jpeg.90de7f5fd8d1746c091eac90808f2054.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.bf3612fe1b06711b79b863575a5d5bc8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.947bef91240fa6fc30190a28fd4699d7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5b7046af7332e8542404da3f48945a45.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0f4b5f5ef8139fbc89e67c8f7e58d720.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1fb18e48339a05c80622bacd03f3dab3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4c3737d9cc677861b05dcf671006c935.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.50860c4b7a46305a2126c7d6dab97bf5.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Currently in Adelaide and had a fantastic azamazing night last night - James Morrison quintet in the Adelaide Town Hall. Just great musicianship and James is a wonderful, humorous front man. Everything went very smoothly.

Apparently this is usually held in a large room at Adelaide Oval, but they had a cricket match last night and we were undoubtedly the beneficiaries.

We've been to many aza ok shows - this one was truly azamazing.

• Like 8

19 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Karen in Windows reservations is a great source of what’s on the future dining experiences.1

I did not ask her about that ..she knows I love Asian food. I will keep a better eye out Abd ask her more often.

Just now, Cruizer Bill said:

We are having an amazing time in Queenstown.  I posted our experiences on the Feb 15th Roll Call.  We fly back to Auckland and then join you on Thursday.

Loved Queenstown.Did you get good weather? I had mixed.

Just now, AJCM said:

Currently in Adelaide and had a fantastic azamazing night last night - James Morrison quintet in the Adelaide Town Hall. Just great musicianship and James is a wonderful, humorous front man. Everything went very smoothly.

Apparently this is usually held in a large room at Adelaide Oval, but they had a cricket match last night and we were undoubtedly the beneficiaries.

I got lucky Abd went to the Oval. the one since Covid.food and drink then show. 

5 hours ago, Cruizer Bill said:

We are having an amazing time in Queenstown.  I posted our experiences on the Feb 15th Roll Call.  We fly back to Auckland and then join you on Thursday.

See you onboard. #8033 or our pre dinner Atlas Bar libations.

Bruce & Sue

Edited by aliaschief

16 hours ago, AJCM said:

Wow you hit the jackpot there!  What a great experience, glad you enjoyed it so much. 

The staff on all the ships have had to cope with a whammy of special meals in quick succession - Lunar New Year, Mardi Gras/Fat Tuesday and now Valentines. Hope there’s some budget and chef energy still there for the next few days 😃

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 2/13/2024 at 6:26 PM, Cruizer Bill said:

We arrived in the rain but it has been sunny sine then.  Temps around 20C and 12kph winds.  The gondola ride was wonderful!

Happy for you! See you at Atlas.

3 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Valentines dinner in Onwards Aqualina tonight was amazing.

image.thumb.jpeg.7c06493f43205c58074d5e100bffa82b.jpeg

That for me is disappointing and not one I'd go for. Very limited if you are not into seafood and I really dislike blue cheese. Odd choice of menu. Love the dessert presentation though. Very cute. 

Phil