Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

10 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

That for me is disappointing and not one I'd go for. Very limited if you are not into seafood and I really dislike blue cheese. Odd choice of menu. Love the dessert presentation though. Very cute. 

Phil 

If it was the same as for the Christmas/New Year menus then you could mix and match with the normal menu, I’m allergic to fresh pears and blue cheese but that’s just me others may enjoy the combination.

14 hours ago, laurieb said:

That looks delicious!  You all are enjoying some amazing food!

The restaurant was busy so I would say people liked it.the tables I could see mostly  had fish.There also the new Chefs Table that is all seafood but the main an option. I think it is great ad more and more people have cut back on meat .The wines were very good also.

Some pretty dramatic scenery as we sail along New Zealand coastline. Weather conditions looking favorable for our 3:30 PM arrival in Milford Sound today.

Ate in Aqualina last night and enjoyed the new menu. Not sure if it’s fleet wide or just here on Onward.

Lot’s of different Chefs Table themed meals along with Indonesian and Indian Rice Tables.

Culinary team has lots of freedom on this cruise and is very creative and they have such passion in their presentations.

Life on Onward is a very special experience.

image.thumb.jpeg.2f9e135465eec8187339a78b3dcf3647.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1fbf990fc86a868a7c7b9202a2fe819d.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Some pretty dramatic scenery as we sail along New Zealand coastline. Weather conditions looking favorable for our 3:30 PM arrival in Milford Sound today.

Ate in Aqualina last night and enjoyed the new menu. Not sure if it’s fleet wide or just here on Onward.

Lot’s of different Chefs Table themed meals along with Indonesian and Indian Rice Tables.

Culinary team has lots of freedom on this cruise and is very creative and they have such passion in their presentations.

Life on Onward is a very special experience.

image.thumb.jpeg.2f9e135465eec8187339a78b3dcf3647.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1fbf990fc86a868a7c7b9202a2fe819d.jpeg

Pray tell... new Aqualina menu?   have you a copy?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Here’s the menu.

image.thumb.jpeg.0f860d7b34e0aefb13a48c9a7aebdea4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0e88d05fe245bba1fb862c9a1f52270d.jpeg

Had dinner in Aqualina on the Journey last night. Same menu as this one. The food and service were excellent. Same with the main dining room. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Belfastman said:

Has the Prime C menu changed also?

No. On Onward as we get closer to Asia they will close Prime for a couple of days and will serve Chinese food in there. Culinary team is offering many options on this cruise.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, kml246 said:

My thoughts, too. The veal chop is Nan's go-to. We'll be on Onward for 17 days in July. 

Keep in mind if you give either specialty restaurants a twenty four hour request notice in advance they will prepare you something not on menu.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Keep in mind if you give either specialty restaurants a twenty four hour request notice in advance they will prepare you something not on menu.

They should publish what items are available and perhaps charge a supplement for these orders 

2 hours ago, uktog said:

They should publish what items are available and perhaps charge a supplement for these orders 

No need for supplements. One just has to ask. Don’t need a second alternative menu which would have more alternates then main menu. For instance, one night in Discovery they had pasta with Alfredo sauce. I asked could I have a red sauce. The waiter checked with chef and I was served pasta with marinara sauce. From Discovery to specialties they try to fulfill your reasonable request. Obviously some items need 24 hour notice especially if they are frozen.

Some things from previous menu may no longer be stocked. Also depends on Chef.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

No need for supplements. One just has to ask. Don’t need a second alternative menu which would have more alternates then main menu. For instance, one night in Discovery they had pasta with Alfredo sauce. I asked could I have a red sauce. The waiter checked with chef and I was served pasta with marinara sauce. From Discovery to specialties they try to fulfill your reasonable request. Obviously some items need 24 hour notice especially if they are frozen.

Some things from previous menu may no longer be stocked. Also depends on Chef.

I’m not talking about minor variations I’m talking about this 24 hour pre order stuff. How do people know what their options are if there isn’t a menu? Is it to be only for those “in the know”? Sorry it needs a menu. 

52 minutes ago, uktog said:

I’m not talking about minor variations I’m talking about this 24 hour pre order stuff. How do people know what their options are if there isn’t a menu? Is it to be only for those “in the know”? Sorry it needs a menu. 

There’s a lot of stuff on Azamara “for those in the know”………that’s not necessarily such a good thing……….!  
I agree that options should be more in the public realm for everyone, just not for Those in the Know.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, uktog said:

We differ on this.  One of the strong points on Crystal is that there are several such 'order in advance, never on the menu' options – one is a dish that requires 72-hours of preparation and obviously couldn't be a regular menu item or even a special (because of the wasted effort).  This is one of the things that makes Azamara entry-level luxury.  And rewards those who do their homework...  A mark of luxury is that anything is available if you ask for it.  Cruise lines where everything is on the menu are ... mass market.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Last night was our Destination Celebation event on Pursuit at Walvis Bay, Namibia. It was one of the very best we have ever seen. They had a Marimba group playing as we entered the Cabaret Lounge, then we had 3 main acts. A superb choir called the Mascato Youth Choir, a traditional dance group and an all male acapella group called African Vocals. They were all wonderful and we preferred being able to see them on the ship instead of having to queue to get on a bus etc.

IMG_3212.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Last night was our Destination Celebation event on Pursuit at Walvis Bay, Namibia. It was one of the very best we have ever seen. They had a Marimba group playing as we entered the Cabaret Lounge, then we had 3 main acts. A superb choir called the Mascato Youth Choir, a traditional dance group and an all male acapella group called African Vocals. They were all wonderful and we preferred being able to see them on the ship instead of having to queue to get on a bus etc.

I agree.  Local color plus Azamara air conditioning = a great night!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, uktog said:

I can understand whilst they might charge extra for a special order in MDR, I have a problem with paying extra in Specialty as I've already paid extra to dine there. I agree that there should be clarity on what items are available to order in advance, I have never taken advantage of this as I am happy with the available choices.

I was surprised to see the additional cost for the fruit de mer platter in Aqualina, coupled with  price increases to drinks upgrade and dining packages. Unfortunately Azamara is becoming less of an option for me with the extra's and price increases.

• Like 2

This clarity on items you can order in advance is funny to me.  It would be a document probably 10,000 pages long to attempt to cover every possible combination of things they can make.  If you can articulate it, they attempt to make it.  So far on the Onward they have made me delicious chicken parmigiana twice and veal Marsala once.  Sorry if you need a menu to order such things, I don’t.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

This clarity on items you can order in advance is funny to me.  It would be a document probably 10,000 pages long to attempt to cover every possible combination of things they can make.  If you can articulate it, they attempt to make it.  So far on the Onward they have made me delicious chicken parmigiana twice and veal Marsala once.  Sorry if you need a menu to order such things, I don’t.

Then maybe a short paragraph saying we will try to accommodate alternative dishes if given 24 hour notice?

As someone stated previously, not all passengers are aware that alternate dishes are available. 

• Like 3