Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

9 minutes ago, aussie travel bird said:

We are currently onboard the Journey. Reliable shipside officers have told us that AzAmazing Evenings are being phased out in lieu of onboard AzAmazing celebrations onboard or destination celebrations.whilst all cruises might not have a suitable venture for AzAmazing evenings we are extremely disappointed in the direction this is now taking. Not aligned with Destination immersion at all. It will be in our feedback and I encourage others to do the same.. 

I will of course be feeding this back too, for all the good I think it will do. It's a shame, but I feared as much.  See you soon!

Phil 

3 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I will of course be feeding this back too, for all the good I think it will do. It's a shame, but I feared as much.  See you soon!

Phil 

First thing they need to do if this is true is stop referring to them in all their marketing and awful phone tape when on hold 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, uktog said:

First thing they need to do if this is true is stop referring to them in all their marketing and awful phone tape when on hold 

Their messages on the phone have been in need of updating for a very long time…

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was booked on a cruise pre-pandemic for which folks were talking about something called, I believe, an Indonesian Rice Table. I have not seen this noted recently. Is this something that is still being done, does anyone know?

14 hours ago, debcip said:

I was booked on a cruise pre-pandemic for which folks were talking about something called, I believe, an Indonesian Rice Table. I have not seen this noted recently. Is this something that is still being done, does anyone know?

We had one a few weeks ago on the Onward.  It’s not a “standard” dinner.  We asked the chef and he agreed to do it.  I think there were about sixteen people, it was delicious.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

We had one a few weeks ago on the Onward.  It’s not a “standard” dinner.  We asked the chef and he agreed to do it.  I think there were about sixteen people, it was delicious.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, debcip said:

One has been offered on Pursuit & we have booked it. Cost $30 pp

• Like 3

20 hours ago, zipcruise said:

Oh wow, I’m extremely disappointed. Azamara is trying hard to disappoint guests. I would like to hear some good news instead of increasing prices and still no information about Suez Canal situation. 

I have to say that our Destination Celebration in Walvis Bay was terrific - it didn't lose anything by being on board. The quality of the choir, dancers & acapella group were amazing. On the other hand the last Azamazing evening we had was not so good because all it consisted of was queuing to get on buses to go to a marquee in a hotel grounds to see a show that could easily have been provided on board with no eternal queuing. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Just now, scotsahoy said:

Really enjoying your reports from world cruise Bruce; we met you on Caribbean cruise January 2023 ( the Scottish couple!); just wondering if you have had update yet on the Red Sea part of your cruise - we are booked on Spice Route on Journey 3 May and still no update from Azamara. Loving your pics as well.

1 hour ago, scotsahoy said:

Really enjoying your reports from world cruise Bruce; we met you on Caribbean cruise January 2023 ( the Scottish couple!); just wondering if you have had update yet on the Red Sea part of your cruise - we are booked on Spice Route on Journey 3 May and still no update from Azamara. Loving your pics as well.

Nothing.i adked.all other lines thst I know people had updates to Africa and we have nothing

Mid March Prime C on Onward will have an Asian themed menu for a couple of weeks. Maybe doesn’t appeal to all but we are looking forward to the change. Was shown the menu last night.

image.thumb.jpeg.c1187d469873b55b7f86e855f81828b5.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

30 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Mid March Prime C on Onward will have an Asian themed menu for a couple of weeks. Maybe doesn’t appeal to all but we are looking forward to the change. Was shown the menu last night.

image.thumb.jpeg.c1187d469873b55b7f86e855f81828b5.jpeg

Looks really good!  Yum! 😋 

If the Asian menu was all that was available to my husband in Prime C he’d lose his mind.  We go for the Chateaubriand.  I’m not even going to share this post with him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Cruizer Bill said:

Any further world on the itinerary changes to the World Cruise?  Are you sailing the Red Sea?

we had a great time on the 4th Segment and enjoyed seeing so many of you.

Hey Bill, we are going from Dubai to Venice on a 34 day, 29 sea day jaunt.  Minimal time in five ports, really just fuel stops.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Roel94 said:

We did not get the great ports and docks that other cruiselines got. No overlands. Someone does not want to pay the dockage. 

What is your evidence for this, there are a significant number of other reasons why the offering is as it is. World cruisers have posted elsewhere that this includes in their view extremely generous compensation. I hope single leg cruisers are looked after as well 

• Like 5

22 hours ago, uktog said:

What is your evidence for this, there are a significant number of other reasons why the offering is as it is. World cruisers have posted elsewhere that this includes in their view extremely generous compensation. I hope single leg cruisers are looked after as well 

We were screwed! You are not here.

everyline I know grestnports from India and for some insane reason we are going to Dubai . We are missing  great pets 

52 minutes ago, Roel94 said:

everyline I know grestnports from India and for some insane reason we are going to Dubai . We are missing  great pets 

For goodness sake. Please read your messages before you press send.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roel94 said:

Whether I’m onboard currently or not is irrelevant. There are also guests of individual legs affected and from the compensation you are being offered you are certainly not being screwed far from it.

Technically Azamara in the current circumstances are only obliged to get the World cruisers to their final destination so rather than get emotional I would suggest  you do as many others are and be very grateful for what you are being offered. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Segment 7 of the World Cruise was due to end in Dubai and as I understand it full World Cruise passengers are approximately one third of the total passenger count, this would probably make Dubai the disembarkation port for the majority of passengers. Therefore deviating from Dubai would make it a logistical nightmare for many of the other passengers who will be on that segment.

Cancellation of segments 8&9 was inevitable given the current situation in the Red Sea and minimises the ongoing disruption to future itineraries, appreciate it’s disappointing for those who booked the full World Cruise but Azamara are looking at the bigger picture.

As regards those who booked single segments I would expect Azamara to be making the same offer made to those on Journeys cancelled 3rd May cruise which has been noted on another thread.

• Like 4