Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

As I understand it, many on the world cruise, whilst disappointed at missing some stops, are recognising the situation and are very happy with how Azamara is handling it - words like extremely generous and way beyond what they needed to do were used on posts elsewhere. It’s been highlighted that with the future cruise credit they can pick up the missed ports and hopefully do a canal transit at a future date. 
African ports are irrelevant the cruise was never going there in the first place 

• Like 6

Thanks to KirkNC for posting the letter with all the details!  It looks to me like they are being very generous under the circumstances.  If someone were to stay on board after Dubai, they would sail with about 150 passengers all the way to Venice.  
The people on board have a lot of choices.  

• Like 3

Funny all cruise lines have segments 

one I know either changed in India or Singapore .

great ports to Europe going in several African ports and other cool places.

Any info on how many people chose to stay on board the World Cruise around Africa?   

Just talked to Hotel Dir on Journey who confirmed that Journey will dead-head it around Africa starting May 3

13 hours ago, DS2 said:

Any info on how many people chose to stay on board the World Cruise around Africa?   

Just talked to Hotel Dir on Journey who confirmed that Journey will dead-head it around Africa starting May 3

We were told 137.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DS2 said:

Does HD think Journey can make it from Singapore to Athens  around Africa in 26 days?

Next cruise starts on 29 May.

6 hours ago, DS2 said:

That is even worse thsn us with a few ports.everyone else gets ports . We get money but I like ports  

16 minutes ago, Roel94 said:

That is even worse thsn us with a few ports.everyone else gets ports . We get money but I like ports  

There will be no passengers onboard Journey they all had their cruise cancelled, the same terms as you had in terms of losing the legs.  You were fortunate to have the opportunity to stay onboard.  Journey guests did not have that option

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Roel94 said:

You could choose to get off & make alternative arrangements??

• Like 6

Just boarded Quest in Rio everything super easy, our only problem along with many others was taxi drivers not knowing where to drop off their passengers. Even then Azamara had a golf cart & trailer patrolling to pick up and get passengers to the correct area. Security was slow as Oceania Marina is also boarding today and the security area was common.

We arrived at the terminal about 11.40 and we were at onboard check in by 12 noon, specialities booked and drinks package upgraded and sat on the Sunset  terrace by 12.30. Obviously learned lesson from last year.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

One hundred thirty five folks have elected to stay on Onward’s World Voyage after Dubai and detour around Africa and finish the last segment in Venice. Folks have the option to go on their own after Dubai and rejoin in Venice. They can leave luggage onboard so not sure how many of us will actually be onboard.

Azamara is looking into offering an overland excursion with a three or four day Safari trip.

In the meantime we are enjoying this wonderful adventure on the Onward.

We have dined in Prime C the last two night’s and enjoyed the temporary Asian menu.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

I think Azamara is really showing the world cruisers they care. It won’t be easy to pull off an appropriate and safe overland safari at this late stage but I’m sure they’re giving it their best shot. 

• Like 9

The latest news is we are short on fuel so we now get to Manila two days late. The real problem is crew..paid for flights and  hotels. My butler had not told his wife.favorite bartender acts like he not upset. But several of us would like to help out . Si I am going to write HD and HR how we can help out.

severslmguests we’re staying in hotels bd joining in HK. Not sure what others are doing but I am fitting 2.5 days into one.

this new effects crew with families ..before it was paychecks. Many crew will be cut and means no income.

Not sure I can fully follow the previous post (please if you are able proofread!) but I understand that the Crew Fund via guest relations is the correct place to give any additional support not individual gifts. There are several unseen stars who are also affected. 
There may also be misinformation floating around about pay so I’d stay out of that conversation. It’s not for us to judge contracts and terms of employees without all the facts from both sides and if it was me I wouldn’t want my personal circumstances discussed by others 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

On 3/15/2024 at 4:55 PM, aliaschief said:

One hundred thirty five folks have elected to stay on Onward’s World Voyage after Dubai and detour around Africa and finish the last segment in Venice. Folks have the option to go on their own after Dubai and rejoin in Venice. They can leave luggage onboard so not sure how many of us will actually be onboard.

Azamara is looking into offering an overland excursion with a three or four day Safari trip.

In the meantime we are enjoying this wonderful adventure on the Onward.

We have dined in Prime C the last two night’s and enjoyed the temporary Asian menu.

You are going to have a VERY quiet ship with only 135 passengers!  Probably only one show at night.  

• Haha 1

Just now, Cruizer Bill said:

You are going to have a VERY quiet ship with only 135 passengers!  Probably only one show at night.  

It definitely will be different and some venues may be closed. Sorry we missed you and didn’t get to say goodby.

15 hours ago, uktog said:

Not sure I can fully follow the previous post (please if you are able proofread!) but I understand that the Crew Fund via guest relations is the correct place to give any additional support not individual gifts. There are several unseen stars who are also affected. 
There may also be misinformation floating around about pay so I’d stay out of that conversation. It’s not for us to judge contracts and terms of employees without all the facts from both sides and if it was me I wouldn’t want my personal circumstances discussed by others 

I agree. I'll leave it to Azamara to sort things out for the best. Ship life can be pretty challenging at times, but Azamara have good protocols.in place. None of my business.

I'll also say that posting such things here I feel is more about making the poster feel good than helping crew. If I was going to do it then I'd be more discreet. 

Phil 

• Like 8

On 3/16/2024 at 10:21 PM, Roel94 said:

The latest news is we are short on fuel so we now get to Manila two days late. The real problem is crew..paid for flights and  hotels. My butler had not told his wife.favorite bartender acts like he not upset. But several of us would like to help out . Si I am going to write HD and HR how we can help out.

severslmguests we’re staying in hotels bd joining in HK. Not sure what others are doing but I am fitting 2.5 days into one.

this new effects crew with families ..before it was paychecks. Many crew will be cut and means no income.

Thanks for highlighting this problem.  I am always concerned about how little things affect crew negatively.  I believe there is a huge problem with income inequality in the world.  

I hope you can find the best wisest way to help affected. Res. They have limited resources. 

On 3/17/2024 at 8:02 AM, uktog said:

I think that @Roel94 is doing the right thing here.  I thought I had read somewhere that you thought that posts like Roels were mostly self serving (I’m wrong, I can’t find it now), but I think any voices that highlight the needs of the crew members are appropriate. 

• Like 1