Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

1 hour ago, aussie travel bird said:

Was that the one where there was fireworks and the debris fell all over guests? Looks like they’ve discontinued the fireworks part. However it was a beautiful setting and a great show. I miss those days…..(and events)

I don't recall any debris Jenny but you were at the same Azamazing. This was the crossing where we met when you did a great reading at the dawn Anzac Day ceremony conducted onboard - very moving and memorable.

Onward is presently at sea for two consecutive days before our next port Muscat, Oman.

Tonight the culinary team is preparing a huge Indian Buffet pool side and they have been decorating all day. Tonight ships orchestra along with Eric and ship’s dancer and singers will perform a brand new production featuring the Tony’s.

Our side trip to Taj Mahal was a great experience minus some airline delays.

Some pics of around the Taj and the lavish buffet at a five star hotel in Agra.

We were all pretty worn after getting up at 4 AM and getting back to ship at 2:00 AM the following day.

Life is fantastic on the Onward and we are all awaiting to see what it will be like after Dubai and our detour around Africa.

Closely watching current conflicts and whether we can make it to Dubai.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, zipcruise said:

I really hope to see Lee in June onboard Onward, we met him 2022 on the Pursuit and we were so impressed about his kindness.

I’ll ask him but I would expect that he will be taking a break after the World Voyage ends in Barcelona June 9.. He’s been on since January and has done a fantastic job.

• Like 1

Thank you, ok, that were six months without a break. So let’s give him his vacation. Although I’m a little bit sad.

I’m wishing you all calm seas around Africa 🚢 and a safe trip.

• Thanks 1

On 4/21/2024 at 12:56 PM, zipcruise said:

Thank you, ok, that were six months without a break. So let’s give him his vacation. Although I’m a little bit sad.

I’m wishing you all calm seas around Africa 🚢 and a safe trip.

Saw Lee tonight he gets off in South Hampton in June so a few days after many of us World Voyagers disembark in Barcelona.

image.thumb.jpeg.8bca3c22731635b1bfc9e159e8e7b964.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Saw Lee tonight he gets off in South Hampton in June so a few days after many of us World Voyagers disembark in Barcelona.

Will Hotel Director Elisabeth stay until Southampton or leave in Barcelona? She’s been on from the start of the world voyage!

Melissa

IMG_0084.jpeg

4 hours ago, Melissaghoti said:

Will Hotel Director Elisabeth stay until Southampton or leave in Barcelona? She’s been on from the start of the world voyage!

Melissa

IMG_0084.jpeg

Elisabeth’s contract ends in Barcelona. She is a great HD.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 5

Today Onward visited Sir Bani Yas United Arab Emirates a 32 sq. mile island off the coast of UAE. Purchased by the sheikh who has developed into a 17,000 animal preserve. Several are endangered species. The animals appear to be well cared for as being a desert environment they do receive supplemented feeding and water.

The culinary team hauled ton’s of supplies ashore to provide us a wonderful beach side BBQ lunch. Amazing team.

Tomorrow Abu Dhabi.

image.thumb.jpeg.02fd4d9d2d9078f83619f5d5ca5f700b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a63625d49f06050febcab791952a02cb.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f3512185281042ece576753b24081f40.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.62e68fc644ddcfeea84a7cdec6cb77fe.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0f01dd27a22216bb815e17d3406b802e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5e84bba1e83ee4770b0e8b39fd78d1e3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.20cf73e8e05ebc3883e5ce893ec078ec.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f1efaf126ddf336b87e03580ba2523c2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.43dc42d11b728a4e1c5af99dc1a69724.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.180d081a64028585ca7dcb242c96a3d3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.cd1cddb655b2f44c336d8bb0c3394571.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.970ecf05bfad28cb895f9e2d6e55d542.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.082753e5f4b6e03e07f63947c6066109.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Today on Onward we are saying goodbye’s and safe travels to several folks we have been sailing with since January and others from different segments.

We will set sail at 3.00 PM from Dubai with around 120 guest onboard. It definitely will take a couple of days getting used to new schedules.

Captain Carl is back onboard and we said our goodbyes to Captain G. Last night.

Our detour around Africa will take 32 days before we start our regular last segment in Venice.

Dubai was amazing.

image.thumb.png.634860e3a33a72f456b957a24e7dd060.png

• Like 11

Good morning thank you for all the amazing posts about your cruise so far.

Wishing you all safe travels around Africa and onward to Chioggia with lovely Captain Carl.

We are looking forward to joining you in Chioggia for the 10th and last segment of the 2024 World Cruise to Barcelona.
This will be our 15th Azamara cruise but first on Onward.
Anne and David

Dublin, Ireland

• Like 1

Just now, luckylamby said:

Good morning thank you for all the amazing posts about your cruise so far.

Wishing you all safe travels around Africa and onward to Chioggia with lovely Captain Carl.

We are looking forward to joining you in Chioggia for the 10th and last segment of the 2024 World Cruise to Barcelona.
This will be our 15th Azamara cruise but first on Onward.
Anne and David

Dublin, Ireland

We’ll leave the light on for you. I’m currently sitting in Living Room and have the whole place to myself. 
Tonight Windows is closed and dining options are Prime or Discovery. It’s like having Onward as your private yacht.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Today on Onward we are saying goodbye’s and safe travels to several folks we have been sailing with since January and others from different segments.

We will set sail at 3.00 PM from Dubai with around 120 guest onboard. It definitely will take a couple of days getting used to new schedules.

Captain Carl is back onboard and we said our goodbyes to Captain G. Last night.

Our detour around Africa will take 32 days before we start our regular last segment in Venice.

Dubai was amazing.

image.thumb.png.634860e3a33a72f456b957a24e7dd060.png

A real adventure for you. I'd be doing the same as you and staying on the ship. It will indeed be very different. I'm sure the ship will lay on lots of special activities to keep both you and the crew occupied!

Phil 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

A real adventure for you. I'd be doing the same as you and staying on the ship. It will indeed be very different. I'm sure the ship will lay on lots of special activities to keep both you and the crew occupied!

Phil 

I wish we’d had the opportunity to buy that adventure- even if I was not allowed off. I see Greg Redfern is back for more star gazing and there are potentially big meteor showers to see next week - how wonderful 

• Like 5

He’s back and talking. The infamous Master Of The Ship Captain Carl.

The officers on the bridge are getting their use of sextent daily lessons.

Per is noon hour speech we have sailed 25,800 miles nautical miles since leaving Florida.

We have 2,000 + NM until our next port in Mauritius.

image.thumb.jpeg.8f93e793348c696fbf4f3b8b47a5c5fb.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Here on Onward it’s just another sea day. We are currently cruising along around 16 Knots on a rather smooth Indian Ocean. We are around 250 nautical miles above the equator and hundreds of miles off the Somalia coast.

We attended our astronomer lecture and have just enjoyed a lunch at the Patio.

The weather has not been good for pool lovers with clouds and occasional showers. That has caused tonights’s dinner under the sky to be held in Windows. Only bar open tonight is Living Room but I would presume tonight’s Cabaret show of the Other Guys one will have drink options. Tonight their show is entitled Legends of Rock and Roll.

Tony Marky gave a lecture yesterday on the Pursuit’s Cruise to Nowhere which was entertaining.

We all were told up front that this would be a different cruise experience if we elected to stay onboard. For someone who needs lot’s of activities this would be hard. For us a good book and passing sea and conversations with our World Voyage family works for us. 
From what we have heard total crew is down about 97 Culinary down 45.

Hear they are touching up and repair work in some of the empty cabins.

That’s the way it is on the beautiful Onward. Bruce

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2