Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

7 hours ago, tango9 said:

Was just on Journey in Japan.  Also a full ship. People complained that Windows was a madhouse for breakfast as people wanted to get off for early shore excursions each day. No where to sit and service was slow. This is why they decided to  have buffet in Discoveries - to give people another choice for a quicker breakfast before shore excursion and not  have a problem in Windows where one could hardly move around. The buffet in Discoveries seemed to have less variety but was a more calm place to eat

It opens later so isn’t much use for most excursions though 

9 hours ago, uktog said:

Interesting- Discoveries is empty and there’s no issues in Windows even though it’s too cold for outside this cruise. 
There used to be an option of buffet plus a la carte in Discoveries last year. That would be a far better option if adjustments were needed. Like many some days I like to be served and room service isn’t quite delivered as it used to be (no call ahead tray just left for you to set it out). We only use room service if our order is coffee and pastries (where of course mosaic is also an option)

I think the staffing is the correct answer given that on previous full ships they could do the served menu and buffet in discoveries. Probably running on lower headcount these days 

I'm the same. I like the option of Discoveries for breakfast too. I was not impressed with room service on Journey recently. This time I really missed having a Club Continent suite for the first time I think. The extra space to eat food brought by the butler and Aqualina for breakfast. 

Staffing?  You may well be right. One of my interactions in Windows asking for cottage cheese to go with the melon (which has always been there and I love) was met with a very dismissive "no" as the guy was obviously undet stress with something else. The can do attitude always stood out for me on Azamara and it's clear that not so much now. Highlighted by the stellar service I received everywhere when I set foot on land in Japan. 

Phil 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

The can do attitude always stood out for me on Azamara and it's clear that not so much now. Highlighted by the stellar service I received everywhere when I set foot on land in Japan. 

So very true and our experience mirrors that exactly 

58 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

We felt like that about Journey in November, but totally different on Pursuit in February, despite the GI issues, pool closure etc.

58 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

We felt like that about Journey in November, but totally different on Pursuit in February, despite the GI issues, pool closure etc.

To be honest it was our Onward cruise in November we felt was lacking We were on Quest last March and all was well. We sail again in July on Onward so hope for a better experience 

• Like 2

After being aboard Onward since January  I can’t imagine our cruising experience could get any better. Yes there has been a couple of hiccups especially with excursions but we have had a wonderful time. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Quest is in Melilla today. Melilla is a Spanish enclave in Marocco and the city is very open and welcoming. Lots of Art Deco architecture and very clean and neat. We are mid cruise and so far there is nothing to complain about. Been to Discoveries, Windows and Patio and all meals have been excellent. The included wines are 👍  and no reason for us to go for any upgraded packages. We will not do the speciality restaurants on this cruise, but we will check them out on our two cruises coming up in May.

White Night is tonight. Nice and warm weather, so it will be a blast.😁😁

20240411_085811.jpg

20240411_104352.jpg

20240411_104122.jpg

20240411_105443.jpg

20240411_104202.jpg

20240411_103701.jpg

Edited by oddjob16
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ithikan said:

We didn't have an Indian Chef's Table during our January cruise on Journey.  Not even a Rice Table.  Waaah!  

This menu looks wonderful!

I think the World Cruise is the one offering the extensive variety of Chefs Tables

• Like 2

21 hours ago, oddjob16 said:

Quest is in Melilla today. Melilla is a Spanish enclave in Marocco and the city is very open and welcoming. Lots of Art Deco architecture and very clean and neat. We are mid cruise and so far there is nothing to complain about. Been to Discoveries, Windows and Patio and all meals have been excellent. The included wines are 👍  and no reason for us to go for any upgraded packages. We will not do the speciality restaurants on this cruise, but we will check them out on our two cruises coming up in May.

White Night is tonight. Nice and warm weather, so it will be a blast.😁😁

Lovely!  Hope you and Synnøve are having fun. 

Phil 

• Like 2

White Night Journey in Hiroshima 

The buffet was nice but not the range of premium foods from days gone by. It got very cold just after the crew parade so many moved indoors. The atmosphere in the Den was great - almost an inside party with no music. 
IMG_5391.thumb.jpeg.bae5a2ae016c2269f4636af6581e7db0.jpeg
Outside the music was far too loud. My watch was registering in excess of 130db for the entire period. Many others had similar issues. 
IMG_5388.thumb.jpeg.90195b9a7d29b6078d25c71882bf8534.jpeg
One thing I noticed, as far as we could tell the crew parade had no representatives from marine, engineering or security- I think they used to come. I think it’s sending the wrong message if they are not represented other than by the principal officers. 

• Thanks 1

Just a heads up. On the World Voyage we have had several folks having to go home early. Why? Their passports stamp pages were full and no more space for additional stamps. Ridiculous yes but never the least it has happened.

Make sure you have ample space for immigration stamps. When renewing passports one can pay extra for extra stamp clearance pages.

Another sea day on a glass like Indian Ocean.

Next up a two day stay in Cochin, India and our Azamazing Evening for this segment.

Life is very good on Onward.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

8 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Just a heads up. On the World Voyage we have had several folks having to go home early. Why? Their passports stamp pages were full and no more space for additional stamps. Ridiculous yes but never the least it has happened.

Make sure you have ample space for immigration stamps. When renewing passports one can pay extra for extra stamp clearance pages.

Excellent advice and there is no longer an extra cost for extra pages.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Another sea day on a glass like Indian Ocean.

Next up a two day stay in Cochin, India and our Azamazing Evening for this segment.

Life is very good on Onward.

Didn’t Azamara give guidance on this pre cruise? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, uktog said:

They shouldn't have to.  We're all grown ups and need to be responsible.  This could happen on land as well as on a long cruise.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, laurieb said:

They shouldn't have to.  We're all grown ups and need to be responsible.  This could happen on land as well as on a long cruise.

You're right. They shouldn't have to.

But with all the preparation that world cruise participants have to make for a trip this length, it would be nice if they did send a reminder.

It would cost nothing to send a special note suggesting that people check their available passport pages. 

• Like 5

Just now, uktog said:

Don’t remember any correspondence regarding this. All the immigration preps and requirements it sometimes feel the different country Immigration teams are more interested in free breakfast and lunch onboard!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Not that I recall. But we asked Azamara last summer how many blank pages we needed in our passports and the world Cruise desk told us we needed 11 blank pages.  Unfortunately a very expensive lesson for the 2 couples that had to leave.

• Like 1

With the wide variance of how much of a page a stamp takes (anywhere from 1/5 a page or so to a full page) I would think it would have been prudent for Azamara to give some pre-cruise  proactive guidance (e.g. 11 pages when asked). 

• Like 2