CBD on caribbean cruise

14 hours ago, BND said:

Amtrak is FEDERALLY subsidized.

Sorry but I dont understand your point?   Im pretty sure I already said I understand Amtrak kicking the passengers off their train for smoking pot.  If you agree with someone being arrested over a plant, fine, but I still stand (well sit, because I cant stand) with the thought that its PAST time to legalize marijuana on the Federal level. 🙂    We no longer live in the reefer madness days of the 50s. Pot is not near as dangerous, nor does it kill as many people as alcohol or nicotine, both which are totally legal in this country.  Fact  🙂    This thread is completely off the rails now. 

Edited by ryano

14 hours ago, MommaBear55 said:

Psylosibin and opium are both plants. 

No they arent. Psylocibin is a hallucinogenic drug compound found in mushrooms. Mushrooms arent really plants.  They are fungi.   Opium is a drug that comes from poppy plants that have been HEAVILY processed.   Pot is a simple plant that in order to use, you hang it upside down in a dark cool environment until it dries out a little and then cure it out in mason jars.  

Edited by ryano
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, zekekelso said:

I predict many of the islands will be hotspots for pot tourism long before it is allowed on ships. 

I predict it will never be allowed on cruise ships.  I was under the impression that once it became federally legal, the cruise lines might get in on the profits and you could buy it in the duty free gift shop onboard lol.  Its way beyond more complicated than that

22 minutes ago, ryano said:

Sorry but I dont understand your point?   Im pretty sure I already said I understand Amtrak kicking the passengers off their train for smoking pot.  If you agree with someone being arrested over a plant, fine, but I still stand (well sit, because I cant stand) with the thought that its PAST time to legalize marijuana on the Federal level. 🙂    We no longer live in the reefer madness days of the 50s. Pot is not near as dangerous, nor does it kill as many people as alcohol or nicotine, both which are totally legal in this country.  Fact  🙂    This thread is completely off the rails now. 

My only point was since they are Federally subsidized, it's not just "their train their rules".  It's Federal law.

Edited by BND

12 hours ago, ryano said:

No they arent. Psylocibin is a hallucinogenic drug compound found in mushrooms. Mushrooms arent really plants.  They are fungi.   Opium is a drug that comes from poppy plants that have been HEAVILY processed.   Pot is a simple plant that in order to use, you hang it upside down in a dark cool environment until it dries out a little and then cure it out in mason jars.  

I knew there would be a hair splitter out there that would say mushrooms aren't plants. It's true, they no longer are classified as plants, they were when I took science. Star fish aren't fish, either, they are now sea stars. And Pluto may or may not be a planet. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MommaBear55 said:

I knew there would be a hair splitter out there that would say mushrooms aren't plants. It's true, they no longer are classified as plants, they were when I took science. Star fish aren't fish, either, they are now sea stars. And Pluto may or may not be a planet. 

And that "double L" in Spanish counts as two letters now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/9/2021 at 8:17 PM, davekathy said:

Never mention or implied any organized criminal group. :classic_rolleyes: Now you sound paranoid or dazed and confused. 😵Smoking pot has that effect on some. 😂 Sounds like you now have the munchies. 🍿

Cruise Critic Post of the Year! 

On 11/10/2021 at 2:05 PM, ryano said:

LOL!   I was on that cruise.  She was in our roll call and her and hubby that brought on the contraband were thrown off before the ship even left Port Canaveral.  Freedom of the Seas April 2012.  Hard to believe its been almost 10 years.  

On 11/10/2021 at 5:20 PM, BND said:

It's been about 10 years so the details are fuzzy, but let's just say it involved a a couple and a bottomless can (like shaving cream or hair spray, but I can't remember exactly).

Wait!  Wait! Did it involve a diving knife and temporary tattoos?  

On 11/11/2021 at 6:21 AM, UKWLDCruise said:

Came across this on a life raft container on Empress a few years ago

No photo description available.

Canines.... DOGS to the layperson.  -- Dumb and Dumber, 1994.

I personally have never used CBD oil products but I do know someone who brought their gummies (for back pain) on a Seattle to Seattle sailing to Alaska recently without incident. I have no idea on the percentage of THC in these gummies. The ports promote their dispensaries, clearly marketed to cruise ship passengers. I don't recall seeing any dogs upon return to the ship.

As I understand it, a lot of elderly people use CBD gummies for pain and such. Just picturing all the rollators and scooters doing the perp walk as they're taken into custody.

• Haha 1