Definitive answer on Fresh Squeezed OJ - Millennium

Jim_Iain

There was a recent discussion (debate) on whether there is "REAL" Fresh Squeezed OJ.

I got to the root of the question and found the person on Millennium who actually squeezes the OJ.     One of the jobs of the Sommelier in Blu is to get up at 3:30 AM and squeeze OJ -  She has a machine available to do most of the work.     The fresh squeezed OJ is only for Blu, Luminae and CC Breakfast in Tuscan.    She indicated that Spa Cafe will provide specialty squeezed OJ with spices in but can be requested without the spices.

OJ available and labeled Premium is "Fresh" Squeezed in a factory and is in cartons.    The regular OJ is homogenized

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

Jim, than you very much for following up on this subject.

I have gotten more than one strange look from our waitress when I asked for fresh squeezed orange juice with ice in Luminae.  I like my OJ cold and I find the fresh squeezed OJ to be almost room temperature.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I know this to be true on Millennium but uncertain of other ships.     Maybe others can confirm what they find out about other ships.  

I can confirm that Summit had truly freshly squeezed orange juice in Luminae, but I never investigated further. 

30 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

Last September that orange juice in the Millennium's Luminae had so much pulp in it that one could almost stand a spoon upright in the center of the glass!  Really -- almost too much pulp.

LOL... I have to agree with you on that.   I noticed that on Millennium also.     I actually like lots of pulp. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, downsmead said:

This summer the OJ was freshly squeezed (well from 3am apparently 😂), in Luminae, Blu and Tuscan Grill on the Silhouette.

Yea... when she told me she got up to squeeze OJ I queried and she said she had to have it available by the time they opened up.    She told me the number of pitchers she squeezed for each but I really don't remember the details. 

26 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I will only drink oj with vodka and when I do I don't care if it is fresh squeezed or not. 

I like the occasional screwdriver myself but having type 2 diabetes, I need to restrict myself to one glass of OJ a day but that allows me have more alcohol. 

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I know this to be true on Millennium but uncertain of other ships.     Maybe others can confirm what they find out about other ships.  

I was very surprised to see our Luminae sommelier working at the spa cafe early in the morning. I guess they make them work it as there isn’t anything to do before lunch. He made our fresh pressed juices every day for us. A good person to get to know 😁

Edited by WNcruiser

12 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

I was very surprised to see our Luminae sommelier working at the spa cafe early in the morning. I guess they make them work it as there isn’t anything to do before lunch. He made our fresh pressed juices every day for us. A good person to get to know 😁

The Sommelier that I spoke to didnt' work in the Aqua Spa she just squeezed OJ for the 4 locations and since on Millennium the kitchen areas are so close they pick up in same area.  She said she went back to bed around 6:00.    

14 hours ago, dgoz said:

So if you have the premium beverage package you could get fresh squeezed OJ (without spices) at the spa cafe in the morning and take it up to the breakfast buffet?

Don't see why not.   I've never done it.    I believe the drink on their menu is Orange and Ginger. 

On 11/7/2021 at 6:13 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I can confirm that I was also told that the OJ was squeezed at Luminae on the Apex last month.  I was told they have a machine that they use.

I'm very skeptical about "fresh squeezed" orange juice in Blu.  We were on the Millennium in early October and both the orange and grapefruit juice were undrinkable.  They tasted like a concoction from some mad scientist, but definitely not like either juice.  Both were dense with a chalky aftertaste.  I switched to other fruit juices which our waiter happily provided.  The waiter even showed one of the juice glasses to the manager who simply shrugged his shoulders.