Making advance seating reservations at Blu (or Lum)

BoundForSea

Hi gang, 

Here’s a blind spot I have to making reservations online in advance…

Its possible on Cruise Planner to make advance reservations for the Specialty Rests as well as “Celebrity Select Dining Anytime” (complimentary).  What I haven’t ever been able to do is make a res in advance of boarding for Blu (or Luminae for Retreat). This time we’re sailing in Aqua and would like to get a seating reserved before boarding in Blu. 

I’m wondering if you’re in Aqua or Retreat and you make a seating for “Celebrity Select Dining Anytime” if that puts a res in for you at Blu or does it just make you one at the MDR?

Thanks gang, appreciate the help in advance!

From their respective introductions neither Blu nor Luminae has ever accepted reservations.  

The one and only time I've ever seen any sort of "reservation" in Luminae was when a group of 30 (yes -- thirty) folks traveling togather were all in suites.  The Luminae maitre'd had the group divide themselves into two roughly equally sized groups and had one group arrive just when Luminae was opening, with the second arriving approximately when the first group would be ending their meal.

• Like 1

One of the nice things about BLU is  flexibiity..you come when you want.  We usually dine early,  not a peak time....There  may be a short line at peak times but uually not a long wait at all

• Like 2

Thanks all. We sailed once in Retreat this year and just showed up at Luminae as you all said and got seated straight away for 14 nights without a delay ever. I just didn’t know if Blu was the same and if you actually could make a res. We’re sailing over the Holidays and wanted to make sure we didn’t have any issues for them. 

Ok thanks much! 

Our Celebrity rep told us she made reservations in Blu for us.  She thought  the Main Dining Room reference in confirmation would translate to Blu because of our stateroom, but onboard we found she was incorrect.  As everyone said above, there are no reservations.  We were able to get seated right away, or with only a couple minute wait, whenever we showed up.  Our cruise was on the Millennium a couple weeks ago.  (I did advise the rep afterwards).

We were in the Retreat in August on the Equinox and all but 2 suites were booked we never had to wait to get seated in Luminae anytime between 6pm and 7:30pm. Same for lunch and breakfast. We even go a coveted window seat one night in Luminae. The service and food on that cruise were exceptional. We had the same excellent server for the whole cruise in Luminae for all meals and when we entered he greeted us by our names and brought my favorite cocktail almost as soon as we were seated. 

Edited by terrydtx

On 11/7/2021 at 6:57 PM, BoundForSea said:

Hi gang, 

Here’s a blind spot I have to making reservations online in advance…

Its possible on Cruise Planner to make advance reservations for the Specialty Rests as well as “Celebrity Select Dining Anytime” (complimentary).  What I haven’t ever been able to do is make a res in advance of boarding for Blu (or Luminae for Retreat). This time we’re sailing in Aqua and would like to get a seating reserved before boarding in Blu. 

I’m wondering if you’re in Aqua or Retreat and you make a seating for “Celebrity Select Dining Anytime” if that puts a res in for you at Blu or does it just make you one at the MDR?

Thanks gang, appreciate the help in advance!

No.  If you want a specific time, call or tell host at blu when on board. Otherwise, it is always whenever you want.