Options for Covid test pre=cruise

Nebr.cruiser

5 hours ago, Laurab23 said:

Is scheduling 48 hrs or 2 days? I have one scheduled for 10 am on Wed and we board at noon on Fri. That work?

Laura

To my understanding it is two days, not 24 hours.  That is what we have done on our two cruises since November and it was fine.

12 hours ago, Laurab23 said:

Is scheduling 48 hrs or 2 days? I have one scheduled for 10 am on Wed and we board at noon on Fri. That work?

Laura

Definitely two days, not 24 hours.

By the way, I keep noticing your “location “ on the CC id  thingie. My families are from Trumansburg/Mecklenburg/Odessa/Montour/Watkins region, several of us Cornell grads… So I kinda know that area!

Stan

10 minutes ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

Definitely two days, not 24 hours.

By the way, I keep noticing your “location “ on the CC id  thingie. My families are from Trumansburg/Mecklenburg/Odessa/Montour/Watkins region, several of us Cornell grads… So I kinda know that area!

Stan

You are talking my area for sure. I live in Interlaken. 

Laura

• Like 1

On 5/3/2022 at 11:25 PM, EZ1 said:

Yep, Don mentioned a place by Embassy Suites, but it was near the port in Ft Lauderdale. I think it was called Lab Doctors & at that time, he said it was $49.

Ah, thanks.  We are looking for test in Venice that are on the ground floor!  

Heading on the Edge in 10 days time out of civitevecchia. Just got an email from celebrity saying as ‘up to date’ vaccinated, we need to provide antigen tests taken within 2 days before our cruise. We are travelling from Ireland so within the EU (if this makes any difference?). Issue is we are landing into Rome 3 days before the cruise; does this mean we have to go find somewhere in Rome to do an antigen test? Seems unvaccinated or out of date can simply do the test at the port.

Does anyone know if you can do the eMed test using the ships premium stream wi-fi for testing for return to the US from cruise disembarking in Rome?  Is the stream service fast enough to perform the test?  Don't really want to have to perform the test at the airport that morning.  Thanks.

14 hours ago, MF40 said:

Heading on the Edge in 10 days time out of civitevecchia. Just got an email from celebrity saying as ‘up to date’ vaccinated, we need to provide antigen tests taken within 2 days before our cruise. We are travelling from Ireland so within the EU (if this makes any difference?). Issue is we are landing into Rome 3 days before the cruise; does this mean we have to go find somewhere in Rome to do an antigen test? Seems unvaccinated or out of date can simply do the test at the port.

We are also going to be in Rome 3 days prior to sailing and we will have to test again before we can board the ship. I plan to take some of the test that we can do in the hotel that is proctored via internet. The same for our test to return back to the US. Good luck! 

12 hours ago, ev8876 said:

Does anyone know if you can do the eMed test using the ships premium stream wi-fi for testing for return to the US from cruise disembarking in Rome?  Is the stream service fast enough to perform the test?  Don't really want to have to perform the test at the airport that morning.  Thanks.

Have read that the ships internet (at least in port) works well for testing. That’s what we plan to do in Athens. 

1 hour ago, okiedrifters said:

Have read that the ships internet (at least in port) works well for testing. That’s what we plan to do in Athens. 

I have never sailed to Athens so can't be sure about that port.  But it has been my experience in ports in the Caribbean and Alaska that the internet was much worse in port than while at sea.  Not sure why.

On 5/9/2022 at 7:01 AM, MF40 said:

That’s interesting because on their site, Celebrity is saying tests should be taken one day prior to embarking at Civitavecchia.  This makes things very difficult for those, like us, who sail on a Monday because the vast majority of pharmacies in Italy are closed on Sunday. It’s OK if you fly into Rome on the Sunday, testing is available there, but we don’t. There has been quite a lot of discussion about this on the ‘Italy cruises testing’ thread.

On 5/8/2022 at 10:01 PM, MF40 said:

We are also travelling from Ireland, to sail on 4th June. We are going to Civitavecchia on the 3rd and plan to have an antigen test in a local pharmacy. 

Edited by socialdancer

On 5/8/2022 at 5:01 PM, MF40 said:

I'm also arriving in Rome 3 days before my cruise in July.  According to Celebrities FAQ section the "How do I calculate which days I may take my pre-cruise COVID-19 test?" question states........ 

"When calculating which days you can take your test, be aware that the day you set sail is not counted as one of the days, unless the country of embarkation stipulates that the test be taken within 24 hours of arrival.

For example, if you are setting sail on a Saturday, and you are required to test 3 days before your sailing, you can take your test on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday; and for 2 days in advance, you can take the test Thursday or Friday."

I hope this helps

But can you also take it on the day of sailing? We’re boarding in Civitavecchia on 3rd June. 2nd June is a holiday and pharmacies are closed. We can have it done at a pharmacy on 3rd and I’m reading the requirements as within one day of boarding. So that should be ok? Since we board in the afternoon I figured we could have them done on the previous afternoon or that morning. But people on my roll call think that’s risky?

24 minutes ago, Mocamps said:

But can you also take it on the day of sailing? We’re boarding in Civitavecchia on 3rd June. 2nd June is a holiday and pharmacies are closed. We can have it done at a pharmacy on 3rd and I’m reading the requirements as within one day of boarding. So that should be ok? Since we board in the afternoon I figured we could have them done on the previous afternoon or that morning. But people on my roll call think that’s risky?

To be honest, I'd try not to leave it until absolutely the last day, ie the day you sail.  In theory, if you've scoped out the nearest pharmacy, making sure they do the tests and give you written confirmation straight away, and get there when they open, it should work out but I'm trying to avoid that.

Pre Boarding test,  

If you have tested positive in the last 180 days, and subsequently have a negative PCR and based on the negative PCR get a letter OF RECOVERY from a Doctor,

DO YOU STILL NEED TO GET A PRE BOARDING TEST DONE.

1 hour ago, delhione said:

Pre Boarding test,  

If you have tested positive in the last 180 days, and subsequently have a negative PCR and based on the negative PCR get a letter OF RECOVERY from a Doctor,

DO YOU STILL NEED TO GET A PRE BOARDING TEST DONE.

At least as of the time we boarded the first of our B2B cruises on April 30, the time period for a certificate of recovery was 11 to 90 days in some locations, and 11 to 180 days in others. So be sure to check the time limit in the place where you will be boarding.

The answer is that a certificate of recovery SHOULD excuse you from having to have a pre-boarding test. See the discussion of this question at the thread linked below, and in particular my update in post number 48. 

Tom & Judy

2 hours ago, TFree said:

At least as of the time we boarded the first of our B2B cruises on April 30, the time period for a certificate of recovery was 11 to 90 days in some locations, and 11 to 180 days in others. So be sure to check the time limit in the place where you will be boarding.

The answer is that a certificate of recovery SHOULD excuse you from having to have a pre-boarding test. See the discussion of this question at the thread linked below, and in particular my update in post number 48. 

Tom & Judy

Thank you Tom and Judy

The link and the information has been most helpful.

Ah, thanks.  We are looking for test in Venice that are on the ground floor!  

Hi Benthayer Gonbak,

We are sailing on RCCL from Ravenna but staying in Venice for 2 nights before. I have arranged tests with the Red Cross in St Marks Square.https://crivenezia.myprenota.it/rapido.  €22 each.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1