Air2Sea website is Horrible

5 hours ago, Bronx12 said:

I was looking at flights on the Air2Sea website and had to use the incognito website or I couldn't get my flight to load. I found that after you fill in all of the appropriate information, you are able to change the dates, but only after the flights load on the screen. We always fly in a day or 2 before our cruise also. I hope this works for you 🙂

Please help! What is the incognito website and how do I get access?  Can not look up any flights. It is even impossible to choose ship and sailing date.😡 .Thanks in advance.

8 minutes ago, celly said:

Please help! What is the incognito website and how do I get access?  Can not look up any flights. It is even impossible to choose ship and sailing date.😡 .Thanks in advance.

I access incognito on my laptop, but, I am able to access the flights on my iphone.

25 minutes ago, celly said:

Thx, I am on Ipad, this is what I get:

5CD7C69B-C07D-4C93-92D2-608BDEF52732.png

I was able to check on my IPad. Although my international flight isn’t available yet, I was able to check earlier dates. It does only give the option of Round Trip, so hopefully that will be corrected at some point.

5 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

What other info did you have to fill out ? 
there was no buttons to change anything 🤔

We are doing the TA after this cruise , so flying home from CPH will not work 🤣

7F607230-0A25-4B44-BCEF-45F118485806.jpeg

The screen I get looks like yours…no option to change anything.

I am on the August 5 Vision--out of Barcelona.

I am flying LAX to Barcelona...but not flying home post-cruise.  Spending three more nights in Barcelona, then flying to Reykjavik to pick up the Celebrity Summit, cruising from there to Boston.  

A couple of months ago, I was actually able to research the needed flights on choiceair.com ...then called air2sea/choiceair to make the actual booking by phone.  Later, I recieved an email from air2sea that one of my BCN-KEF flights was canceled.  I was able to again use the website to research alternatives and rebooked that leg by phone.

HOWEVER, I always like to check and re-check flight alternatives--especially nowadays since, with the pandemic and frequent cancelations...and varying prices, it's always good to see if better option exist.

BUT, for the past month or so, the choiceair.com site does not appear to be working.  just gives an error message:

"ChoiceAir is currently unavailable. We are working to resolve the issue quickly and we apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience."

So, I've tried to go to the Royal Caribbean site and their link.  But 1) entering my info and booking # only gets me this message:

"Unsupported Booking

Unfortunately we cannot service your cruise online. Please call the party that helped you create your booking."

...and 2) going to the "just browsing" tab only lets me browse round trip flights.  No way to change to "one way" or "multi-destination".

I've tried deleting cookies and other supposed fixes--nothing works.  Only way to check flights is to call on phone and waste everyone's time asking them to check fares for me.

The only thing I've found to find SOME available flights is to go onto the Celebrity website, find one of their cruises that goes out of Barcelona on a similar date and use their air link.  IIt sort of works--except only cruise from Barcelona in August is Aug 6 Barcelona to Rome...That will allow me to plug in flights on Aug 2/3 to BCN...but, I really want to include Aug 12 in my second leg search and it won't do that because that ship lands in Rome on the 13th.  i can plug in BCN-KEF for the 13th...but it gives me a stern warning that I'm flying out of thr wrong city.

All of this worked much better a month or so ago...Can it all really be "down" for over a month?   

2 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

I am flying LAX to Barcelona...but not flying home post-cruise.  Spending three more nights in Barcelona, then flying to Reykjavik to pick up the Celebrity Summit, cruising from there to Boston.  

A couple of months ago, I was actually able to research the needed flights on choiceair.com ...then called air2sea/choiceair to make the actual booking by phone.  Later, I recieved an email from air2sea that one of my BCN-KEF flights was canceled.  I was able to again use the website to research alternatives and rebooked that leg by phone.

HOWEVER, I always like to check and re-check flight alternatives--especially nowadays since, with the pandemic and frequent cancelations...and varying prices, it's always good to see if better option exist.

BUT, for the past month or so, the choiceair.com site does not appear to be working.  just gives an error message:

"ChoiceAir is currently unavailable. We are working to resolve the issue quickly and we apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience."

So, I've tried to go to the Royal Caribbean site and their link.  But 1) entering my info and booking # only gets me this message:

"Unsupported Booking

Unfortunately we cannot service your cruise online. Please call the party that helped you create your booking."

...and 2) going to the "just browsing" tab only lets me browse round trip flights.  No way to change to "one way" or "multi-destination".

I've tried deleting cookies and other supposed fixes--nothing works.  Only way to check flights is to call on phone and waste everyone's time asking them to check fares for me.

The only thing I've found to find SOME available flights is to go onto the Celebrity website, find one of their cruises that goes out of Barcelona on a similar date and use their air link.  IIt sort of works--except only cruise from Barcelona in August is Aug 6 Barcelona to Rome...That will allow me to plug in flights on Aug 2/3 to BCN...but, I really want to include Aug 12 in my second leg search and it won't do that because that ship lands in Rome on the 13th.  i can plug in BCN-KEF for the 13th...but it gives me a stern warning that I'm flying out of thr wrong city.

All of this worked much better a month or so ago...Can it all really be "down" for over a month?   

4 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

"Unsupported Booking

Look at bottom of this link to check out flights 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/itinerary-details/12-night-greenland-and-iceland-from-reykjavik-iceland?packageID=SM12U299&sDT=2022-08-19&cCD=CO

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

Actually, that is exactly what I was refering to in using the Celebrity site...where I eventually go to in order to check flights...Except, that link is the Canadian site and prices are in CDN$...This would be the US version:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/itinerary-details/flights/12-night-greenland-and-iceland-from-reykjavik-iceland?cCD=CO&packageID=SM12U299&sDT=2022-08-19

HOWEVER, using this tool doesn't necessarily get you what you really want...

That particular link can get me the flights for my Celebrity Summit leg.  BUT, you can't get flights from LAX to BCN for my Royal Vision leg out of Barcelona.  I need to switch to a cruise in and out of Barcelona for that--and the only properly timed Celebrity cruise out of Barcelona doesn't get me dates out earlier than August 13.

AND, even for the final leg of MY trip--Boston back to LAX, let me tell you what happened there:

We had planned to stay two nights post-cruise in Boston.  Booked an 8:00 am flight Friday on United through Celebrity Air (same as RCCL Air2Sea) for just $144 pp...

Then, last week, we received a notice from Celebrity Air "that United Airlines have recently made the following minor change(s) to your flight itinerary:"  The "minor change" was that our flight was now schedued to depart at 6:00 am!!!  I called Celebrity Air and they said they could make a "request" to United to move us to another United flight.  Yesterday, I called Celebrity Air only to be told that United denied the request...but we could change the flight for another that day for $217 per person...That's probably still a decent fare...but, when we booked, we had other options for lower than that...or we might have used our AA miles for a free flight...but all of those options were now gone.

The Celebrity Air rep's recommendation was that, since we still had 8 months to go, we should just let it be and wait to see if "other options arise".  But, seriously, I sincerely doubt we'll ever see $144 again and prices likely go up and we're looking at 6am or much higher fares.  

So, making the best of this, we decided to leave the day before--on Thursday...Booked a 5:55 pm flight for $174 pp instead.   I'd rather leave the evening before than check into a hotel only to need to get up before 3:00 am to catch a ride to the airport for a 6:00 am flight!

In the end, though, after researching, I recommend calling ChoiceAir/Air2Sea/Celebrity Air directly by phone while keeping your results page on your computer.  Sometimes they can get you better rates that don't show on the web search.