Cruise Rankings

Steve Q

Celebrity did very well. Looks as if it was rated highest overall of the non-luxury Lines. Best for the money; 6th for couples (the top 5 were luxury lines); 2nd for Caribbean and 5th for European itineraries (again, the top 4 were Luxury). 

not bad. 

Disney was #1 for Caribbean but I’d not go on a ship that had talking rats. 

den

Edited by Denny01
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Celebrity did very well. Looks as if it was rated highest overall of the non-luxury Lines. Best for the money; 6th for couples (the top 5 were luxury lines); 2nd for Caribbean and 5th for European itineraries (again, the top 4 were Luxury). 

not bad. 

Disney was #1 for Caribbean but I’d not go on a ship that had talking rats. 

den

I've cruised Disney, (once) & surprisingly, it went quite well for an adult cruiser with no kids!

Disney Cruises are EXPENSIVE $$$!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I would like to understand if the data that was used for these rankings came mostly from pre-pandemic cruising?  If so then they are not very useful now.

You would have to assume that the majority of the opinions are from  before the pandemic. The great majority of cruisers have yet to resume cruising. Also, a significant part of the world is still closed. Most cruises have been to the Caribbean and Alaska, which is only a small segment of the world. Many experienced cruisers no longer cruise those areas as they have already visited there.

19 hours ago, Steve Q said:

You would have to assume that the majority of the opinions are from  before the pandemic. The great majority of cruisers have yet to resume cruising. Also, a significant part of the world is still closed. Most cruises have been to the Caribbean and Alaska, which is only a small segment of the world. Many experienced cruisers no longer cruise those areas as they have already visited there.

Yes that is what I was thinking.  So it is just a fluff piece in the media with old data.  Sort of like ranking new 2021-22 automobiles with 2019 model information.

17 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Yes that is what I was thinking.  So it is just a fluff piece in the media with old data.  Sort of like ranking new 2021-22 automobiles with 2019 model information.

t - I believe the piece needed to be annotated with the time frame info so it would be clearer...

I still like the results, though... LOL

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 3:29 AM, GeriatricNurse said:

I've cruised Disney, (once) & surprisingly, it went quite well for an adult cruiser with no kids!

Disney Cruises are EXPENSIVE $$$!

My wife has always wanted to go on a Disney cruise, and now even more with two kids.

But everytime I see the price!!! I can do three Carnival's or the like for the same amount

11 minutes ago, cjsegninir said:

My wife has always wanted to go on a Disney cruise, and now even more with two kids.

But everytime I see the price!!! I can do three Carnival's or the like for the same amount

I have taken my Grandson on a Disney cruise every year prior to Covid. He lives in S. Cal and easy to take the 3 day out of San Diego. I must insist that you take those 2 kids on a cruise if only for the experience and the memories.;-)  They do a fabulous job and is worth every dime. Trust me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, cjsegninir said:

Yes, I Am sure you can BUT what about the experience???

bon voyage

• Like 1
  • Haha 1