Dining Preference Question?

jeanlyon

Got two cruises booked on Aurora, October 2022 and April 2023.  We booked Select and our dining preference is registered as Freedom.  However, just noticed next to our Registered Preference, there is a little Info point and it says "this will not be confirmed until you are on board".  Anybody else seen this.  I would hate to end up on first sitting?

I think they simply stopped giving a "confirmed" dining preference a while ago, simply stating, as you say, to be confirmed on board.

We've got a couple of Select fare cruises on the books, both booked at launch, and our choice of Club dining also states to be confirmed on board.  Not ideal, but that appears to be the way these days.

If you are unlucky and don't get your preference, speak with the Maitre D when you get on board and request a change.  Once that's sorted you get another dining info card delivered to your cabin.

6 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

I have a new Select booking made yesterday for Azura in June 2023, and on my booking confirmation next to Sitting Confirmed is Freedom Dining.  No extra notes.

Yes, that's what it says on my booking confirmation, but if you log in to your cruise on the website, under Dining Preference, it says freedom dining (Registered preference) and next to it is a little "i" which says this will be confirmed on board.

4 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes, that's what it says on my booking confirmation, but if you log in to your cruise on the website, under Dining Preference, it says freedom dining (Registered preference) and next to it is a little "i" which says this will be confirmed on board.

Just had a thought.  Knowing their IT, that is probably what it says on the Saver fares and it probably says that on Select just cos their IT is crap.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

It get more interesting.  When I log into my cruise I can not find any reference to booked dining preferences.  And I also checked a cruise next April on Britannia, same, no reference to dining preferences.  I thought there was something missing off the page.

10 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

That's the thing, it's not there!!

Not there for me either!  Confirmation for a select 2023 cruise from TA shows Dining time: Second but under Already Booked? there is no mention of Dining Preference!

Edited by Astrajet

9 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Well I think I was right.  It's their IT.  Both my cruises are there and both say the same.  One of which was booked yesterday by the TA.

Have to agree!  Just checked cruises for April and October next year and no mention of dining preference under Already Booked? for either booking. You must be in favour, jeanlyon 😀!

Edited by Astrajet
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

Doesn't it depend which ship you are on? We have booked Arvia for 2023, it is only freedom dining with no set sitting times, as is Iona and I also thought that Britannia was going the same way but I could be wrong on that.

My next cruise is aboard Aurora which definitely still has both Club and Freedom dining but I don't have the tab that Jean has on hers...

I haven't heard anything about P&O intending to make Britannia all Freedom dining...

In addition to the flexibility that freedom dining gives us, we also enjoyed the pleasure of sharing a table and meeting lots of different people during our cruise.

As long as covid infections continue at the current level, I think we will be mainly dining on our own, to avoid the worry of catching it and being offloaded abroad, but we will still prefer to stay with freedom dining.

47 minutes ago, Britboys said:

My next cruise is aboard Aurora which definitely still has both Club and Freedom dining but I don't have the tab that Jean has on hers...

I haven't heard anything about P&O intending to make Britannia all Freedom dining...

Hmm just a clitch with the system then. I know I have heard somewhere about Britannia but can't remember where, it was a while ago now though so maybe they decided not to.

• Like 1

We are booked on Aurora to the Canaries next April & the booking confirmation from the TA states "Anytime" next to dining. I'm assuming this means Freedom dining as we would have picked 8.30pm Club dining if it had been available. But, as with some others, I can't access dining preferences in "Already booked?".