Solo cruiser promo 25% or 35% off

HskrCrsr

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere. I only noticed it today:

Single Travelers Save Up To 35%

There’s never been a better time to plan your next getaway. Now through December 13, 2021, guests sailing as single travelers save 25%.* Captain’s Club Members, Preview and above, sailing as single travelers can save even more with 35%.* This incredible offer is valid on nearly all Caribbean, Europe, or Alaska sailings departing December 1, 2021 through March 31, 2023. 

Details here:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/exclusive-offers/offer-details

Terms and Conditions

Cruise must be booked between November 2, 2021 and December 13, 2021 (the “Offer Period”). Single occupancy guests are eligible to receive a reduced rate of up to 35% off cruise fares. Captain’s Club members, Preview and above receive 35% savings, loyalty ID must be provided at time of booking. Non-Captain’s Club members receive 25% savings. Sailings departing from 12/1/21 through 3/31/23 excluding Galapagos sailings and Alaska Cruise Tours are eligible for savings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

This explains the pricing my TA was able to get for my December booked cruise.  There was the 50% off 2nd cruiser line, then an amount showing something about a solo discount.  I'm not complaining, but it makes sense now since I've been unable to replicate it while looking for other cruises b/c I haven't been signing in during my searches.

5 hours ago, HskrCrsr said:

a reduced rate of up to 35% off cruise fares.

In almost every case, they will raise the fare, and then offer the "discount" off the higher fare.

So you end up paying (nearly) the same fare, as if they never raised it at all.

So I hear, it's not an uncommon practice. And, not at all the discount they would make it seem.

🤷🏿‍♂️

Edited by SireDoime
what?

2 minutes ago, SireDoime said:

In almost every case, they will raise the fare, and then offer the "discount" off the higher fare.

So you end up paying (nearly) the same fare, as if they never raised it at all.

So I hear, it's not an uncommon practice. And, not at all the discount they would make it seem.

🤷🏿‍♂️

Maybe. Repricing my cruise, I can save another few hundred bucks, so I'll be calling tomorrow.

4 hours ago, 81Zoomie said:

We were looking for Nov 2021.  The single fares were several hundred dollars more than double occupancy.  It’s was disappointing.

I learned the hard way that the Cruise industry HATES people who have the AUDACITY to cruise ALONE. So, unless you pay for luxury, like Regent, where the Single rate is just 25% more than a double rate (the lowest in the industry), you're being ripped off. Celebrity charged me 125% on my first cruise, I thought it was a mistake that they charged me for two people. Until my agent corrected me. Some will even  charge 200% above double rate.

Cruise lines hate single travelers. They think if you can afford to travel by yourself and have the crew serve only you, then you should pay more - waaaaaay more.

On 11/10/2021 at 10:16 PM, Susanb10567 said:

How do you get this discount…my mother in law is booked on the 9/3 Edge Greek cruise with us and is by herself in her cabin…

Call your reservation point of contact..

Good luck and bon voyage

I am on the Edge now sailing in a Single infinite veranda which I really like.  I booked an April Apex and November Edge sailing three days ago with the future cruise sales desk.  I received the solo discount email from Celebrity the day after booking,  I checked online and I could save $300 on each.  The Future Cruise agent happily rebooked me on both at the lower rates.  Woo hoo!  If you haven’t experienced the Edge, I heartily recommend!  Everything about the ship is awesome!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Just be aware that if you book your solo cruise at this reduced rate, you will not get double points for sailing solo.  This may or may not be important to you, depending on where you are in the Captains Club program.

I don’t doubt you, but I don’t see that in the terms & conditions.

F97BA6D3-6F34-49A8-920F-2AF94018A09F.jpeg

3 hours ago, jj6961 said:

I don’t doubt you, but I don’t see that in the terms & conditions.

F97BA6D3-6F34-49A8-920F-2AF94018A09F.jpeg

From the Celebrity website:  Guest travelling as a single traveler in a stateroom, and paying full fare will earn double the amount of Club Points, based on stateroom category and number of nights sailed (as of July 1, 2014).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, verizon said:

I am a SOLO cruiser.I just received this email.

Its totally a joke.Double passengers is much cheaper than Solo.

Sounds like April fool to me

I was able to get the BPG on a cruise I had already booked. $800 OBC isn't April Fool's to me.

5 hours ago, verizon said:

I am a SOLO cruiser.I just received this email.

Its totally a joke.Double passengers is much cheaper than Solo.

Sounds like April fool to me

50% off for the second passengers in your cabin would certainly be less expensive than 35% off extra solo rate.  It would seem like the two passenger rate would be about 15% less expensive than the solo rate.  It does leave you wonder why the solo surcharge is not reduced by the same 50%.  I suspect it is because two people usually spend more money on board than one person.

May not be April fool, just math.