Passport Renewal??

Bruin Steve

5 minutes ago, SmoothFlying said:

Lois,

NOT a 'dumb' mistake just a human one, something we ALL are guilty of, being human. As I grow older, (71) I find myself leaving articles of importance, i.e. car keys etc.. down while talking to someone in a store, and just walking off, only to remember them and have too return saying, 'Well I guess I'm gonna NEED these'. So, please don't feel alone because we all do it. I'm glad you were able to get the envelope back, sign the form, the same day, and it didn't get mailed.

Mac

Thanks🙂

2 minutes ago, urbanhawk said:

I just read a news article, that next week (12-27-21), the prices for a new or renewed passport is going up $20.00. 

Well, I got mine in under the old price😃

36 minutes ago, urbanhawk said:

I just read a news article, that next week (12-27-21), the prices for a new or renewed passport is going up $20.00. 

33 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Well, I got mine in under the old price😃

Ditto, once they get around to processing mine (they cashed the check last Wednesday).

Good morning, funny how the small things can make you excited these days. LOL.......checking my bank account and they already cashed my check😃. AND under status, the renewal is now in process!

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, funny how the small things can make you excited these days. LOL.......checking my bank account and they already cashed my check😃. AND under status, the renewal is now in process!

That's great news! 20 bucks is 20 bucks!😃

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

UPDATE:  I received my passport today.  Yay!  I'm good until the end of 2031.  So, the process took just over three weeks.  Not bad.  My first passport and first renewal each took about a month, but I didn't rush either of those.

CONGRATS👍😃......i am about a week behind you.......the website shows they received my application for renewal on 12/21......(I think you said you sent yours in on 12/15). I just checked the status of mine and it now says it has been approved!  I will check it again next week to see where it stands.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

CONGRATS👍😃......i am about a week behind you.......the website shows they received my application for renewal on 12/21......(I think you said you sent yours in on 12/15). I just checked the status of mine and it now says it has been approved!  I will check it again next week to see where it stands.

Thanks.  And congrats!  You're right behind me, so you should get your passport soon.

It seems they are finally getting back up to speed.  I recall applying for my first passport at the State Dept. office at Radio City in NYC - I received it in the mail four days later.  Then , a number of times the passport office in Stamford, CT regularly got it back to me within a week.

• Like 1

Good morning, was checking the website and looks like I got another update and it says I should be receiving my new passport "on or about January 7th"........that would be tomorrow😃.......will follow up again when I actually receive it!

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 10:12 PM, Honolulu Blue said:

UPDATE:  I received my passport today.  Yay!  I'm good until the end of 2031.  So, the process took just over three weeks.  Not bad.  My first passport and first renewal each took about a month, but I didn't rush either of those.

Hi again, I am still waiting........the process on the website has not changed to "mailed".......so not sure why they said I would get it on or around 1/7?........... Today is 3 weeks so still under that 5-7 week time frame.

15 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi again, I am still waiting........the process on the website has not changed to "mailed".......so not sure why they said I would get it on or around 1/7?........... Today is 3 weeks so still under that 5-7 week time frame.

I have faith that you will get your passport by the end of the week, if not today.🙏  Maybe it ran into some weather issues?

Oh, and while I'm here, my final update - I received my old passport on Friday.

1 hour ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I have faith that you will get your passport by the end of the week, if not today.🙏  Maybe it ran into some weather issues?

Oh, and while I'm here, my final update - I received my old passport on Friday.

Good morning, I would think they would have updated the "status" if it has been mailed.......it still says "approved" (and not "Mailed").  Did you check the website while you were waiting for yours? If so, did you notice when the update was done?

30 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, I would think they would have updated the "status" if it has been mailed.......it still says "approved" (and not "Mailed").  Did you check the website while you were waiting for yours? If so, did you notice when the update was done?

I remember checking on the day my passport arrived after seeing a series of "status not available" messages.  It said "approved" and said I should receive my book on or around 1/2.  Of course, it arrived a day later than listed, which wasn't bad at all.  I didn't see any indication of when that update was done.

On 12/14/2021 at 10:36 AM, chamima said:

I'll add my experience with the expedited service - which turned out to be great.

I sent in my paperwork on November 18. I paid for every quick service available (overnight there and back plus expedited). I also noted in the application that we had a cruise on January 2.

My online info never got past "processing" but my new passport showed up  Dec. 10 - which was basically 3 weeks start to finish!

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Lois - Have faith - mine never got past "processing" on the website. I know it's frustrating but it should show up soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chamima said:

Lois - Have faith - mine never got past "processing" on the website. I know it's frustrating but it should show up soon.

Thanks😃

WOOOHOOO........😃I just got the new passport!!!!!!!!!!  It did not come in my "regular mail".......but was actually delivered to me directly----they dropped the envelope at my front door....!  This was exactly 21 days--WOW!

Thank you all for the help🙂

I guess I will get my old one back at a later date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Lois R said:

In my experience the new passport and the old passport are mailed from different facilities.  In my case the new passport was processed in Tuscon, AZ and the old passport was returned from New Orleans, LA a couple of days later.

Congratulations - one less thing to worry about!

43 minutes ago, Lois R said:

WOOOHOOO........😃I just got the new passport!!!!!!!!!!  It did not come in my "regular mail".......but was actually delivered to me directly----they dropped the envelope at my front door....!  This was exactly 21 days--WOW!

Thank you all for the help🙂

My old passport showed up about 2 weeks after I got the new one.

My new one came to the front door like yours. My old one came in the regular mail .