Speciality Restaurant Price for Children

Definitas

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

Carry on..I assume I was correct about yours..

Seriously, you didn’t get my point about 5 year olds and 2 hour dinners? The kid doesn’t deserve that. 

You have no clue whatsoever about my children, but your prejudice & ignorance is showing. They've never had an issue with making it through a 2 hour dining experience either during formal dining in the MDR, or a fine dining establishment on land.

All the best to you Skippy.

I don’t mind seeing a kid act like a kid at a dinner table so long as a parent is reigning him/her in when needed so the kid learns it’s inappropriate to disturb other people. 
That’s healthier, imo, than planting a child in front of an iPad game for 2 hours, tuning out the rest of the world. 

check out the kid in the back left in the photo. That’s me learning how to behave. Lol 

3676E6CA-4DEA-446B-A6E1-4F9AB54FDC06.jpeg

18 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

ummm exactly what is a wobbly pop?   Had to ask.

I guess that would be a Canadian expression. Wobbly pops come in all different forms from your milder beer version all the way to the harder whiskey types. It really depends on the level of "wobbly-ness" you trying to achieve. 😄

On 11/17/2021 at 11:18 PM, cdn_tbird said:

You have no clue whatsoever about my children, but your prejudice & ignorance is showing. They've never had an issue with making it through a 2 hour dining experience either during formal dining in the MDR, or a fine dining establishment on land.

All the best to you Skippy.

You make fun of PTC's handle and HE'S the ignorant one?  My friend from Fayette County, GA was not specific enough perhaps for you.  The DAWGS refer to the Georgia Bulldogs.  My son graduated from Athens and yes, they are the number one college football team in the nation.  DAWG is a term of pride, as is Gator, Irish, and Hawkeye and the list goes on.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, marieps said:

You make fun of PTC's handle and HE'S the ignorant one?  My friend from Fayette County, GA was not specific enough perhaps for you.  The DAWGS refer to the Georgia Bulldogs.  My son graduated from Athens and yes, they are the number one college football team in the nation.  DAWG is a term of pride, as is Gator, Irish, and Hawkeye and the list goes on.  

I really didn't mean to upset anyone about their children.  I even said that hers were perfect..I suppose that offended.  Bless her heart. 

That said, I'd share a "wobbly pop" with them, I'm sure everything would be fine.  

Go DAWGS!!

Edited by PTC DAWG

47 minutes ago, marieps said:

Ain't it cute how PTC got her sister to try and defend her.

I just noticed the poor OP has not come back.  I don't blame him/her.  A simple question was asked.  While I don't have the answer, I don't think it's anyone's business if the grandparents or parents of the child bring them to Murano.  It's their vacation to do as they wish.  It's not up to us to judge as the child could be perfectly well behaved and able to sit through a Murano dinner.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

I just noticed the poor OP has not come back.  I don't blame him/her.  A simple question was asked.  While I don't have the answer, I don't think it's anyone's business if the grandparents or parents of the child bring them to Murano.  It's their vacation to do as they wish.  It's not up to us to judge as the child could be perfectly well behaved and able to sit through a Murano dinner.  

I may not pay as much as the person next to me, but I certainly think it's my business how children behave in a restaurant on ship or on land.  Is it OK to you if they run around the room screaming?  Yell constantly at the table?  I think I have the right to a peaceful dining experience.  The child "could be" well behaved or they "could be" a complete disaster.

Edited by zitsky

45 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I may not pay as much as the person next to me, but I certainly think it's my business how children behave in a restaurant on ship or on land.

And you also have the right to choose an adults only vacation destination.

But if a child is ruining your dining experience I suggest you voice a complaint to the restaurant manager or Maitre D’. it’s their job to manage the room. 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2021 at 7:08 AM, mfs2k said:

I don’t mind seeing a kid act like a kid at a dinner table so long as a parent is reigning him/her in when needed so the kid learns it’s inappropriate to disturb other people. 
That’s healthier, imo, than planting a child in front of an iPad game for 2 hours, tuning out the rest of the world. 

check out the kid in the back left in the photo. That’s me learning how to behave. Lol 

3676E6CA-4DEA-446B-A6E1-4F9AB54FDC06.jpeg

I thought you said children should learn to behave?  Or is that the restaurant manager's job?

12 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I thought you said children should learn to behave?  Or is that the restaurant manager's job?

Children should learn to behave. That requires parenting. And If a parent allows their child to ruin your dining experience it’s the manager’s job to intervene with the parent. 
I don’t see a contradiction. 

4 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

I really think that your comment was totally uncalled for.  One can converse without being rude.  

Then we shall agree to disagree civilly. I hope if you're calling me out you're doing the same to them as my comments were no worse than theirs.

Peace.

10 hours ago, cdn_tbird said:

Then we shall agree to disagree civilly. I hope if you're calling me out you're doing the same to them as my comments were no worse than theirs.

Peace.

The difference is that your comment was personal.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As long as the kids are well behaved I enjoy seeing them enjoying  a nice restaurant. I like to think mine have enjoyed them and have always been respectful  of others while eating. They love escargot, especially the 7 year old, raw oysters and delicious food. If a child is not behaving I would expect a parent to take the child out. If the 5 year old gets a little restless making one of the adults could take them out for a minute between courses to stretch their legs. I think Murano would hold their attention fairly well with the production of lobster being cooked tableside, the special desserts,etc. I say go for it, but be prepared to excuse yourself and leave early if needed for both the child and everyone else. Just my humble opinion!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, marieps said:

love my Dawgs

• Like 1

16 hours ago, zitsky said:

I may not pay as much as the person next to me, but I certainly think it's my business how children behave in a restaurant on ship or on land.  Is it OK to you if they run around the room screaming?  Yell constantly at the table?  I think I have the right to a peaceful dining experience.  The child "could be" well behaved or they "could be" a complete disaster.

Adding to your reply of my comment.  The OP asked if there was a child's fare.  That's all they asked.  No need for people to say that Murano is not suited for children.  I think the responses were hurtful and not helpful.  The family is probably very much looking forward to their vacation and family time together and people are giving their opinions on a preconceived "what if".  They don't need an unwelcoming damper on their vacation before it even starts.  They have every right to be there as much as you do.

Children can be very well behaved or a complete disaster as you put.  It's not within our control what others do anywhere whether it be a cruise, restaurant, hotel, plane, mall etc.  I've been in places where adults act worse than children and a few of these instances were on a Celebrity ship in fact.  I find that worse since adults should have the maturity and mentality to act accordingly.

Even though my four children are adults now, I remember not always wanting to eat in a McDonalds or a Chilis as a family or staying in a hotel with a water park or playspace.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

Adding to your reply of my comment.  The OP asked if there was a child's fare.  That's all they asked.  No need for people to say that Murano is not suited for children.  I think the responses were hurtful and not helpful.  The family is probably very much looking forward to their vacation and family time together and people are giving their opinions on a preconceived "what if".  They don't need an unwelcoming damper on their vacation before it even starts.  They have every right to be there as much as you do.

Children can be very well behaved or a complete disaster as you put.  It's not within our control what others do anywhere whether it be a cruise, restaurant, hotel, plane, mall etc.  I've been in places where adults act worse than children and a few of these instances were on a Celebrity ship in fact.  I find that worse since adults should have the maturity and mentality to act accordingly.

Even though my four children are adults now, I remember not always wanting to eat in a McDonalds or a Chilis as a family or staying in a hotel with a water park or playspace.

TOTALLY agree here!  Where and with whom they decide to dine is THEIR business, not ours.  OP asked a very simple question and folks took it off the rails.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

If someone's feelings (yours?) are hurt because I ask "Is your child well behaved?" then maybe they shouldn't be in an internet forum.

And they have every right to be there, if their child behaves and doesn't run around the room screaming.

19 hours ago, mfs2k said:

Children should learn to behave. That requires parenting. And If a parent allows their child to ruin your dining experience it’s the manager’s job to intervene with the parent. 
I don’t see a contradiction. 

I agree. A couple of years ago on the Serenade up in the Baltics there was a family who let their lovely bratty kids run amuk in the Windjammer.  I said something to manager and he shrugged and smile.

Then the next day I witnessed it again and spoke to the same manager. When I told him that they could trip somebody who would fall and break a bone then what??  I very strongly told him if he did not handle the situation which kept getting worse, I would go over and it would not be pretty.   

He looked back at me and then went over.  I say this because the kids were weaving in and out of chairs and fast.  They were laughing and the parents just laughed along with them.  They were not form USA and in my opinion could care less what others thought.  I was concerned with saftery including mine.  If I got injured and had to be taken off the ship ya better believe I would cause a fuss that that families butts would be taken off as well.

So space and air belong to all of us.  We each have to decide just how much crap we can stand before taking action.  Some parents are useless.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 1:44 PM, cdn_tbird said:

I guess that would be a Canadian expression. Wobbly pops come in all different forms from your milder beer version all the way to the harder whiskey types. It really depends on the level of "wobbly-ness" you trying to achieve. 😄

ok thanks for odd explanation.   I was thinking something else