May not be able to cruise

Jeal

We are suppose to sail Friday, Nov 19, 2021 on the Equinox. I may have a medical reason that will prevent me from cruising (not Covid related). Our choices are to use Celebrity’s Cruise with Confidence offer and take the future cruise credit (our travel insurance will move to the new cruise date) or claim the cruise on our travel insurance right now. What are the pros or cons with either choice? 
Truly, I’m hoping we will be able to cruise but just in case we can’t I would appreciate your thoughts. Thank you! 

8 minutes ago, Jeal said:

We are suppose to sail Friday, Nov 19, 2021 on the Equinox. I may have a medical reason that will prevent me from cruising (not Covid related). Our choices are to use Celebrity’s Cruise with Confidence offer and take the future cruise credit (our travel insurance will move to the new cruise date) or claim the cruise on our travel insurance right now. What are the pros or cons with either choice? 
Truly, I’m hoping we will be able to cruise but just in case we can’t I would appreciate your thoughts. Thank you! 

First off, hope you get well soon. For me this would boil down to a financial question. Can I afford to leave this money tied up until I'm well enough to travel. If the answer is yes, I'd roll in into an FCC.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 3

Having faced 3 serious health challenges my attitude has been I’m going to keep going, not ready to stop yet!  So I would take the FCC, using the insurance, to me, is saying I”m giving up . Your reasons may be different.  I hope your medical issues are quickly behind you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Try ringing Celebrity and explain your reasons for wanting to cancel.

I had a med problem where my doctor advised me not to cruise 3 days before my UK staycation cruise in September….the same day I had my pre cruise PCR test.

I did say I would be OK with FCC but the X agent said under the circumstances and taking into account the doctors advice he would give me a full refund,,,which I took.

I have booked another Silhouette cruise for next April.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

Hope your medical issue resolves soon  However as was said, if you believe that you might need the money- get the refund.  If your medical issue will be resolved and you will be able to travel in the near future- move to another cruise.

Good luck!

Hi

My medical issue was resolved,I used the refund to book a 11nt P&O cruise down to the Med a month later,,,,the only X cruise available was Sihouette to the Canary Islands,,,but 

when they announced no port stops that idea was abandoned.

1 hour ago, Jeal said:

Thank you for the advice and the good wishes for my health. The great thing is we are fine with a FCC. I’ll know more tomorrow. 

Be advised CWC FCCs are taking, in some cases, much longer to issue than the 45 days =X= vows.  There's a recent thread with several examples.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jeal said:

Cannot offer further advice but send sincere best wishes for a return to health and cruising for you…

• Like 1

I would keep in mind that if you cancel and use your insurance the claim may be complicated by the fact that Celebrity's default position is to issue a FCC. To avoid this I would cancel inside the 48 hour period when FCC is no longer available so you can prove the loss on the claim. 

Congrats!

For anyone looking to use CWC who doesn't think they will be able to use the FCC, 

" Yes, we will allow a one-time transfer of a Cruise With Confidence FCC to be used for a 2021 sailing. Deadline to request a transfer is December 17, 2021.  FCC may be transferred to another guest in an Individual or non-contracted Group booking."