Easy plus drinkpackage

Preziosa

5 hours ago, Beamafar said:

According to the following comparison chart, both will be available on EasyPlus:

2022 Drink Package Comparison.pdf 212.32 kB · 13 downloads

Something up with that PDF because Frozen Drinks are missing on all packages in the PDF but clearly available in the online chart here:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/on-board/dining-drinks/drink-comparison-chart

• Like 1

I'm new to MSC, so can I please ask what may seem like a naive question regarding the Easy Plus drinks package?

If I buy a drink that is higher than $9, do I get charged the full price or simply the difference in price?

I ask this because on NCL I'd just be charged the difference, but I can't find the info anywhere regarding how MSC handle this.

Thanks in advance!

35 minutes ago, iantowns said:

I'm new to MSC, so can I please ask what may seem like a naive question regarding the Easy Plus drinks package?

If I buy a drink that is higher than $9, do I get charged the full price or simply the difference in price?

I ask this because on NCL I'd just be charged the difference, but I can't find the info anywhere regarding how MSC handle this.

Thanks in advance!

On MSC you will get charged the full price if you go over the package price limit.

15 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

…. Plus 15% service charge!  

It looks like I might have to upgrade my package to Premium Extra then because of the wider draft and craft beer selection in the British Pub.  😟

Edited by iantowns

39 minutes ago, iantowns said:

It looks like I might have to upgrade my package to Premium Extra then because of the wider draft and craft beer selection in the British Pub.  😟

How much are they? I thought most beers were included in Easy Plus.

41 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

The beer selection with EasyPlus is poor.  No IPAs or Craft Beers.  It doesn't look like Premium Extra adds any.

I hardly drink beer so not an expert but I thought they were all included on Easy Plus too.

23 minutes ago, Match Game 72 said:

The MSC website agrees that craft beers are included for easy plus in the Caribbean. 

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/on-board/dining-drinks/drinks-packages

Where do you see Craft beers listed? I guess there could be Craft beers on draft.

Edited by Native Floridian 26

Just a warning about upgrading package. We chose the Easy Plus because DH mostly drinks Mich Ultra and it was on the Easy Plus. Well, finding it on the ship was rare and not available at all on the island. All items listed on the "list" are not necessarily available on the ship. You can upgrade onboard if you find that they have what you like, but you can't downgrade.

yeah really weak sauce you can't get a $10 drink and pay the difference with a package, but their revenue loss.

I like how they just generally have "draft beer" included, that is a good sign I suppose. 21 out of 29 (73%) beers included is good enough for me, won't go thirsty.

MSC’s drinks package prices are nowhere near as expensive as those on other companies’ ships and offer a wider choice of price points, including the entry level Easy, which others don’t offer.   Their top package, @ $69 pppd, is still $30 cheaper than NCL’s regular package. The service charge is still only 15%, whereas others are higher, with NCL adding 20% when onboard ( plus tax -when in the Med, anyway!)

19 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

MSC’s drinks package prices are nowhere near as expensive as those on other companies’ ships and offer a wider choice of price points, including the entry level Easy, which others don’t offer.   Their top package, @ $69 pppd, is still $30 cheaper than NCL’s regular package. The service charge is still only 15%, whereas others are higher, with NCL adding 20% when onboard ( plus tax -when in the Med, anyway!)

Been travelling on several cruise lines and difference for example to NCL is that on NCL most of the passengers get the beverage package for "free" so it is bundled into cruise price as a perk add-on. When taking that into consideration NCL has more appealing beverage selection.

MSC includes drinks packages for us on Med cruises.  The PremExtra is included for next year.  You can be sure that the price is well built into the fare - and NCL’s fares are lot more expensive (here, anyway).  You get what you pay for!

The big difference with MSC is that on other lines that have a price limit, you only pay the difference plus service charge for a higher catagory drink. On MSC, you hgave to pay for the whole drink, which, in my opinion, is nothing more than a money grab.

1 hour ago, deliver42 said:

The big difference with MSC is that on other lines that have a price limit, you only pay the difference plus service charge for a higher catagory drink. On MSC, you hgave to pay for the whole drink, which, in my opinion, is nothing more than a money grab.

What "other lines". According to what I know not even one European cruise line is charging you only the difference. 

1 hour ago, perakcruiser said:

What "other lines". According to what I know not even one European cruise line is charging you only the difference. 

NCL does, P.  But you still have to pay 20% service charge plus tax so not such a great advantage over MSC due to the extra charges (including the higher sc). Factor in the higher price for the package to begin with and MSC comes out better IMHO.  

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1