Easy plus drinkpackage

Preziosa

MSC drink packages are OVERALL a much better deal due to price point and lower gratuity (NCL's packages are FAR from what I call "free" and their cruise rates are currently astronomical).  But charging you for a whole new drink when you paid for a package is petty. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

What "other lines". According to what I know not even one European cruise line is charging you only the difference. 

At least NCL, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity are doing so. And does it really matter is the cruise line European or American?

1 hour ago, pghflyer said:

MSC drink packages are OVERALL a much better deal due to price point and lower gratuity (NCL's packages are FAR from what I call "free" and their cruise rates are currently astronomical).  But charging you for a whole new drink when you paid for a package is petty. 

Depends also what you drink. MSC Easy packages are pretty bad considering the wines available. Selection is so small and limited.

The All-In package was a steal.  7 night cruise only $90 total then down to around $73 after you figure in the Voyager 5+15 discount.  Plus that gets you internet for 2 devices for one person.  That is usually a per-day amount and includes taxes/gratuities.  DH still things we're going to get stuck with some extra charge.  The only thing I'm aware of is added sales tax when in port.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

The All-In package was a steal.  7 night cruise only $90 total then down to around $73 after you figure in the Voyager 5+15 discount.  Plus that gets you internet for 2 devices for one person.  That is usually a per-day amount and includes taxes/gratuities.  DH still things we're going to get stuck with some extra charge.  The only thing I'm aware of is added sales tax when in port.

If you got the all in for $73 for a week that is a STEAL and, no, there won't be any extra charges.  

They don't charge the sales tax when in port 🙂

• Like 2

We have the easy plus package on Divina right now and have had $15 glasses of wine with dinner almost every night. They’re not charging us for it.

Our waiter is amazing.  He just wants us to be happy and satisfied. He will receive a nice extra tip from us tonight. 😉

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

If you got the all in for $73 for a week that is a STEAL and, no, there won't be any extra charges.  

They don't charge the sales tax when in port 🙂

Not even while still in the homeport in USA?  I though they had to until international waters.  Seems like YMMV based on prior posts.

FWIW, I got Easy Plus on a European 10-night sailing for about $150 per person, so at $15 per day, I thought that was very reasonable.

I've done the regular Easy package before, which is tolerable, but nothing more.  We'd mostly do virgin (no alcohol) fancy drinks (included only if virgin) and order a shot on the side.  So even when the fancy drinks w/alcohol weren't included, it accomplished the same thing.  In fact, often the bartenders would just combine them for you anyway.

That said, it looks like Easy Plus offers a far better selection.  Not sure why the selection isn't as good in Europe versus USA, but for what I paid, it should be fine.

Edited by Stockjock

I have purchased the Easy Plus for our Med cruise in December and I'm somewhat confused after reading some of the posts.  When I order a drink covered by the package, will I be charged an additional tax on that drink or does that only apply to non covered drinks.  I have had drink packages on other lines and never was charged anything other than the package price.

Just now, caladezi said:

I have purchased the Easy Plus for our Med cruise in December and I'm somewhat confused after reading some of the posts.  When I order a drink covered by the package, will I be charged an additional tax on that drink or does that only apply to non covered drinks.  I have had drink packages on other lines and never was charged anything other than the package price.

If you order a drink which is covered in your package, you won’t have any charges.  If you wish to order a drink that’s not covered, you’ll have to pay full price plus 15% service charge.  

7 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

If you order a drink which is covered in your package, you won’t have any charges.  If you wish to order a drink that’s not covered, you’ll have to pay full price plus 15% service charge.  

Thanks for the quick reply.  That how my others have alway been.  Happy that this is the same.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Now I'm confused. If you have a drink package is the service charge included for the drinks covered in the package or do you still pay the 15% service charge for all drinks? 

1 hour ago, 40yearcruiser said:

Now I'm confused. If you have a drink package is the service charge included for the drinks covered in the package or do you still pay the 15% service charge for all drinks? 

You don´t have to pay the service charge. MSC cannot do in another way, because it would be illegal in most European countries (prices have to be final without any mandatory charges or taxes added later). 

On 11/22/2021 at 9:46 AM, Morgsmom said:

Me, either. Was going to ask how to find it... Can't find on website anymore

I hadn't either, but I see they have it on my March cruise on Seashore, although we have YC, so it doesn't impact us.  Well, at least they call it "All In", but below that it shows it as Easy Plus

image.thumb.png.a000bbdd3dad29ba479c9a25be2bd41c.png

Edited by JAGR