Where to find hotels on Royal's website?

Jay Bee

I'm a little perplexed about managing my reservation on the website. (I haven't cruised with Royal for several years.) My booking is over a year out so that may be part of the problem, but I see no place where I can look for pre-cruise hotels, info about transfers, trip insurance, flights or even if I want the beds together or apart. Am I missing something? Will these options show up at some point or is it necessary to call them about such things?

I didn’t see any pre or list cruise hotels listed on their site.

I am sailing out of Miami and I googled “ “hotels near the port of Miami” and it listed some hotels. Usually they list the hotels thru Expedia or another third party site. I never use a third party, always book directly their hotel. 

I then took one of the hotels that looked good and put the name thru Google and looked at the reviews and location.

I also put the hotel thru Google Maps to see how fair it was from the airport and how far the hotel was from the port.

it is a long process but I am never disappointed with the hotel I chose.

You may call royal to add travel insurance to your booking as well as ask for transfer to and from airport.  If going to stay at a hotel near port precruise then you take uber, taxi or possibly the hotel has shuttle service to cruise port.

If you want assistance with flights you can call air2sea or try their website at choiceair.com , but it has had technical issues recently.  

Air2sea can also book hotels but their prices for hotels are usually much higher than if you do yourself.

Edited by Sunshine3601

We're doing marriott Biscayne Bay.  Have stayed there before. 

As to op.  If you used a ta to book, ask them to get insurance quote.  Sometimes private insurance is better.  If you booked directly with Royal, call them to add.  Flights are through Air2Sea.  The website is not always good.   Again you can call Royal, even if you didn't book through them.  Transfers also.  Very often your own taxi is cheaper than Royal's transfer.  You didn't say what ports, that will make a difference.   Hope this helps

:classic_smile:

They did! There was usually a choice of several, but the price was quoted per person as part of the cruise fare. They included transfers too. 

On our honeymoon cruise on Princess in 1994, we stayed with one of the hotel packages. I think it was a Hilton in Ft. Lauderdale and they checked us in for the cruise in the lobby the night before sailing. But for quite a while, Royal Caribbean also had a few pre-departure port hotels as part of their bookings. :classic_smile:

10 hours ago, Coralc said:

They used to have hotel packages (way overpriced) but not for a very long time. :classic_smile:

We started cruising in 2005, but I know TA's used to do all the legwork before the internet became the way to do it.   TA's used to get commissions from hotels (and airlines).  TA's had books of hotel information they used to put together trips for people.   

10 hours ago, Coralc said:

They used to have hotel packages (way overpriced) but not for a very long time. :classic_smile:

I thought I remembered that🤔. It just seemed odd to me that Celebrity has all those options available for perusal and Royal doesn't. Anyway, I almost always book hotel, transfers and insurance independently, but I do like to compare. Thank you.