Canada Nixing the PCR test for short visits

ladysail2

Globe and Mail is reporting that it will be replaced by Antigen testing for Canadians returning home (no mention of length of time), but fully vaccinated Americans will still require PCR testing.

Looks like we will have to wait for the official announcement for the 'truth'.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RealBatman said:

Globe and Mail is reporting that it will be replaced by Antigen testing for Canadians returning home (no mention of length of time), but fully vaccinated Americans will still require PCR testing.

Looks like we will have to wait for the official announcement for the 'truth'.

The CBC article says that an announcement is expected Nov. 30.   

29 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

We heard on the news that no test was required for returning Canadians who have been in the US less than 72 hours.  That is great news for us day trippers who are often down there for only a couple of hours.

Let’s hope that’s what is announced on Friday. It’s supposed to take effect on Nov. 30.  🤞

• Like 1

Hopefully they announce the full plan. I read one article that there would be a phased approach. But can't find it again. 

No test for short road trips makes a lot of sense, hopefully they move to no tests for vaccinated Canadians at some point soon when flying as well, but I guess we'll see more Friday (fingers crossed). 

• Like 1

We have a huge stack of packages to pick up at a friend’s house in Detroit, so hopefully the tests will be eliminated completely for short stay land crossings.  The US doesn’t need one, so it would mean we can just pop over for a few hours like we used to in the Before Times.

4 hours ago, bookbabe said:

We have a huge stack of packages to pick up at a friend’s house in Detroit, so hopefully the tests will be eliminated completely for short stay land crossings.  The US doesn’t need one, so it would mean we can just pop over for a few hours like we used to in the Before Times.

Same with us for our PO box. We are hoping they won't soak us with duty for all the items we have received in 20 months.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Same with us for our PO box. We are hoping they won't soak us with duty for all the items we have received in 20 months.

Same for us. The Christmas pudding we ordered for last Christmas should be fresh as new!

But that frozen turkey we ordered......? 🤔

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Haha 2

On 11/17/2021 at 8:01 AM, ladysail2 said:

Just saw the news flash from CBC….didn’t read the article yet, but I’m sure others will chime in. Hope this is good news!

the chatter is it will be for land crossing only which doesnt make any sense.  tomorrow is the announcement day so will just have to wait and hear.

shelley

12 hours ago, luvinthecruiselife said:

the chatter is it will be for land crossing only which doesnt make any sense.  tomorrow is the announcement day so will just have to wait and hear.

shelley

I think its to satisfy the quick trips people make over the border for a day of shopping or a quick visit with someone. For longer type vacations, I don’t think anything will change in today’s announcement …we’ll have to wait for the news.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ladysail2 said:

I think its to satisfy the quick trips people make over the border for a day of shopping or a quick visit with someone. For longer type vacations, I don’t think anything will change in today’s announcement …we’ll have to wait for the news.

Alot of folks fly down to seattle for a weekend for concerts, sporting events, family stuff etc.  So we shall see.  

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

Mais oui, antigen down, PCR back. Or PCR covering both if it's a short trip.

Listening to Mendicino, he seemed to say that one has to keep air tickets, train tickets and receipts to prove it was just a 72-hour visit.  I suppose the full policy will be outlined officially somewhere…hopefully.

• Like 1