Live from the Sky Princess 11/20–12/4

KLM3164

59 minutes ago, MN Syrup Cruiser said:

I know one can get specialty coffees at the International Cafe.  Is there any venue on the Lido deck where specialty coffee is available?

Also, is it possible to order .375L bottles of liquor to be delivered to your room?

Thank you.  Enjoy your cruise.

Wife got a butter pecan latte in buffet this morning. Waiter can bring anything. There is a specialty coffee area near the pastry section in the buffet.

• Like 2

Couple of additional insights at the midpoint of day two. Average age of cruiser seems quite old.  Wife and I are 50's (actually she just turned 50, and I'm at the upper end of 50s), and we feel very young on this ship.  No issue with that, just an observation. 

Few disappointments.  The buffet selections are, I'm my mind, very limited compared to what we have come to expect.  It's not bad food, and we have only eaten there once (today, a port day, for lunch), but still expected more substance to the buffet options.

Second mild disappointment is that instead of having live music at the main pool area there is just the large screen movie blaring.  We like live music, and can pass all day on the big screen.

Last mild complaint.  The gym is too small, even for this reduced passenger sailing.  Would be ok if every other cardio machine wasn't out of use due to covid policy, but we had to wait for an elliptical this morning at 8:30.

Still, cruise has been great so far, and I'm just sharing thoughts for perspective.  Many more positive things to say about this ship than the negative.  And my comments might not even be the same as others here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, brovol said:

Haha.  My wife just read what I posted and told me I was too critical, and that she thinks the buffet options are more than enough.  So there you go....

Lighten Up Francis GIFs | Tenor

your on holiday, aka vacation after a year plus of mandates and lock downs.   

Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative. Jiminy Cricket |  Positivity, Disney quotes, Positive thoughts

• Like 1

So last night we had to finally give up on the sail away as it was time for our dinner reservation. Hopefully we’ll get a proper sail away next Saturday without the delay we had yesterday. We had dinner in the Cielo dining room and menu is attached. Service was a little slow but we made it out in time to catch the 8:00 show in the Princess Theater. Several times they announced this was a sip and cover venue and it was posted on the screens. It seemed to me that everyone was complying with the policy. The entertainment was a comedian by the name of Mike Paramore who was absolutely awful! Worst entertainment I’ve ever seen on a cruise ship. You know it’s bad when lots of people are walking out of the theater before the show is over. He said he has another set on day 5 which we will pass on thank you very much.

One thing I thought was amusing yesterday is around 3:45 an announcement was made that 423 people had yet to complete the safety drill for the cruise. This consists of watching a video on your mobile device or stateroom TV and checking in at your muster station. Really very easy so not sure why 20% of the ship was able to do this just 15 minutes before we were supposed to sail. This group did have extra time to complete the exercise though due to our delay in leaving and no further announcement was made that I heard. They were very polite when they made the announcement and I think they need to jazz it up a bit. Here’s what I came up with:

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. This is your Captain just letting you know that 423 of you are morons and on Santa’s naughty list. Please watch the damn video and visit your muster station or else you will be forced to walk the plank as we sail away with out you! 

I might put this in the suggestion box for next week’s cruise.

Ciao for now!

8846A5DB-B176-48DA-B912-18519DE80F02.jpeg

EAA9DA9F-B3F2-4D25-B803-E245CDDC443F.jpeg

FBE4B921-10B4-4852-A7B3-F229790675D4.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

One thing I thought was amusing yesterday is around 3:45 an announcement was made that 423 people had yet to complete the safety drill for the cruise. This consists of watching a video on your mobile device or stateroom TV and checking in at your muster station. Really very easy so not sure why 20% of the ship was able to do this just 15 minutes before we were supposed to sail. This group did have extra time to complete the exercise though due to our delay in leaving and no further announcement was made that I heard. They were very polite when they made the announcement and I think they need to jazz it up a bit. Here’s what I came up with:

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. This is your Captain just letting you know that 423 of you are morons and on Santa’s naughty list. Please watch the damn video and visit your muster station or else you will be forced to walk the plank as we sail away with out you! 

Ciao for now!

Really now, how hard is this to do.  These are the same passengers that used to bring their life jackets to their muster station either wearing them or trying them on when they were asked to wait until after the demonstration.  Oh please, I do not want to return to physically attending a muster station drill.

• Like 1

KLM

38 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

I rolled laughing.  Well Said!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It’s been very difficult to post to cruise critic (it’s much easier to post on instagram and twitter where I’m posting under the same username if you’d like to check it out). Here I go again…

We enjoyed our first time at Princess Cays. We just relaxed on a lounge chair and got in the beautiful water a couple times. It was so hot today! And we’re from South Florida! When we decided we were done in the sun, we tendered back to the ship and sat down for some pizza at Alfredo’s. Delicious! My husband is worn out from the sun and taking a nap, while I’m reading (not so much since I keep trying to post this to cruise critic) and enjoying a glass of wine in Vines!

896861F6-8A59-4055-9259-E9A464E667F9.jpeg

37024A58-0347-47D4-B2C2-B1C78CE32A64.jpeg

6CC1FE68-92A6-463C-BD70-603A3FD696A0.jpeg

9879155A-B5D3-4086-AC1B-0D0BD2F960C4.jpeg

F24DB658-45F7-4D75-9A4F-88B8237BEA7F.jpeg

499B3BA0-3FAF-415F-951C-80A6490B652F.jpeg

0EEAD9F7-9D75-40A6-9DB6-8C1055099074.jpeg

Edited by CruisinChandler
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, KLM3164 said:

Thanks for posting these photos. I love seeing the ship at night which is something we normally don’t get to see.

I thought the same - that it was really quite pretty all lit up.  I thought you mentioned an aft suite so I tried to get a shot there.  Darn trees got in the way.  😃

1 hour ago, KLM3164 said:

So last night we had to finally give up on the sail away as it was time for our dinner reservation. Hopefully we’ll get a proper sail away next Saturday without the delay we had yesterday. We had dinner in the Cielo dining room and menu is attached. Service was a little slow but we made it out in time to catch the 8:00 show in the Princess Theater. Several times they announced this was a sip and cover venue and it was posted on the screens. It seemed to me that everyone was complying with the policy. The entertainment was a comedian by the name of Mike Paramore who was absolutely awful! Worst entertainment I’ve ever seen on a cruise ship. You know it’s bad when lots of people are walking out of the theater before the show is over. He said he has another set on day 5 which we will pass on thank you very much.

Ciao for now!

8846A5DB-B176-48DA-B912-18519DE80F02.jpeg

EAA9DA9F-B3F2-4D25-B803-E245CDDC443F.jpeg

FBE4B921-10B4-4852-A7B3-F229790675D4.jpeg

I'd love to hear your take on dressing for "formal" night.  We don't leave until Thanksgiving so I still have a little packing time.  Hope to meet you on your 2nd B.

3 hours ago, brovol said:

Haha.  My wife just read what I posted and told me I was too critical, and that she thinks the buffet options are more than enough.  So there you go....

But I would agree with your statements about loud screen noise on deck.  Too bad no live bands.  How can they do that for a Caribbean cruise??????????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrysalis said:

They will be the same people who don't wear their masks or crowd in the elevator....or do both at the same time

You got that right!

There are always those that think the rules are only for the rest of us!

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CruisinChandler said:

It’s been very difficult to post to cruise critic (it’s much easier to post on instagram and twitter where I’m posting under the same username if you’d like to check it out). Here I go again…

We enjoyed our first time at Princess Cays. We just relaxed on a lounge chair and got in the beautiful water a couple times. It was so hot today! And we’re from South Florida! When we decided we were done in the sun, we tendered back to the ship and sat down for some pizza at Alfredo’s. Delicious! My husband is worn out from the sun and taking a nap, while I’m reading (not so much since I keep trying to post this to cruise critic) and enjoying a glass of wine in Vines!

Hi there

Would love to see a wine menu from Vines if that is possible?

Also from the  MDR

Thanks & enjoy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CruisinChandler said:

Were you able to find a chair in the  shade at Princess Cay? No clamshells!