Live from the Sky Princess 11/20–12/4

KLM3164

Well today‘s shore excursion in Cozumel was a bust since it rained most of the day. We took a catamaran over to Passion Island to spend 3 hours on the beach. Even if the weather had been sunny I can’t recommend this excursion. It takes 1 hour to get to the island and 1 hour back which was fine. We were served a Mexican lunch and unlimited drinks. I enjoyed the lunch and the drinks were good. What I didn’t like was the water was freezing and I was expecting warm water. There were no lounge chairs on the beach. Just hard plastic mat type things in the sand and they were full of water. They looked very uncomfortable and people struggled to get up after laying on them. There also were no floaty toys to use in the water. I would have appreciated some water mats, noodles, water chairs to use in the water but there was nothing. Finally I don’t appreciate being reminded by the guide, Felipe, multiple times to tip. This is such a turn off for me and I end up tipping less when this happens. We know we need to tip and I consider it rude to remind guests to tip. If your service is worthy of a tip you will get one and it will be generous but if you keep reminding me you can expect it to go down. And of course if the service is not good you can expect no tip.

When we got back from the excursion we walked through the shops but I wasn’t in a buying mood. Then it started raining again so we just headed back to the ship.

Looking forward to our final sea day tomorrow.

Ciao for now!

46E2CAD9-B577-44F2-A4D2-7280B01ADE38.jpeg

A8F25E6C-262A-4C89-A813-87D8FA9610A3.jpeg

4218CFB6-7550-4A5E-82EB-FE67AF98206F.jpeg

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

Well today‘s shore excursion in Cozumel was a bust since it rained most of the day. We took a catamaran over to Passion Island to spend 3 hours on the beach. Even if the weather had been sunny I can’t recommend this excursion. It takes 1 hour to get to the island and 1 hour back which was fine. We were served a Mexican lunch and unlimited drinks. I enjoyed the lunch and the drinks were good. What I didn’t like was the water was freezing and I was expecting warm water. There were no lounge chairs on the beach. Just hard plastic mat type things in the sand and they were full of water. They looked very uncomfortable and people struggled to get up after laying on them. There also were no floaty toys to use in the water. I would have appreciated some water mats, noodles, water chairs to use in the water but there was nothing. Finally I don’t appreciate being reminded by the guide, Felipe, multiple times to tip. This is such a turn off for me and I end up tipping less when this happens. We know we need to tip and I consider it rude to remind guests to tip. If your service is worthy of a tip you will get one and it will be generous but if you keep reminding me you can expect it to go down. And of course if the service is not good you can expect no tip.

When we got back from the excursion we walked through the shops but I wasn’t in a buying mood. Then it started raining again so we just headed back to the ship.

Looking forward to our final sea day tomorrow.

Ciao for now!

46E2CAD9-B577-44F2-A4D2-7280B01ADE38.jpeg

A8F25E6C-262A-4C89-A813-87D8FA9610A3.jpeg

4218CFB6-7550-4A5E-82EB-FE67AF98206F.jpeg

We had nothing planned in Cozumel so with the weather looking iffy we just hit the duty free shops to finish Christmas shopping for the "kids".

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

We had nothing planned in Cozumel so with the weather looking iffy we just hit the duty free shops to finish Christmas shopping for the "kids".

Panchos!  Our must do every trip to Cozumel. We will be there in 2 weeks! No excursion necessary.  

Edited by Sox Fan Cruiser
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Panchos!  Our must do every trip to Cozumel. We will be there in 2 weeks! No excursion necessary.  

We always have ponchos no matter where we cruise.  We also had goretex rain jackets this trip as well as umbrellas.  A little overkill maybe.  😃

We are surprised at the number of men wearing shorts in the dining room at dinner..... many more than we have ever seen.

DW enjoyed the trout last night, and stayed on the ship yesterday in Cozumel.

A day in the sanctuary today.

Turn around tomorrow and another covid test.

Have never heard anything about the number of pax on the next cruise.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, suzyed said:

Can you explain what the Enclave is and how much it costs and when can it be booked, please?

Enclave is in the Lotus Spa. It’s a small retreat area with nice big hot tube, various steam rooms and relaxing places to lay down on. Here’s some photos. I pre booked mine online for $136 for the week pass. I believe it goes up to around $169 on the ship or somewhere around there. I highly recommend it. 🙂

FF777AF5-407E-4A78-A7B9-CFAC01985403.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, chrysalis said:

We are surprised at the number of men wearing shorts in the dining room at dinner..... many more than we have ever seen.

We have noticed the same thing although we did witness a man in front of us on “dress to impress” night get turned away from the MDR for wearing shorts.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, chrysalis said:

Have never heard anything about the number of pax on the next cruise.

We will be leaving tomorrow and have enjoyed sailing for the past 2 weeks. If you do find out how many passengers are continuing on next week please post it. TIA

25 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

We will be leaving tomorrow and have enjoyed sailing for the past 2 weeks. If you do find out how many passengers are continuing on next week please post it. TIA

We were told this morning that there have been 300 last minute cancellations and that there will be 1600 pax on the cruise starting tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

@station10fd My duck from last week has a new friend! Thank you so much!!! Hope you enjoyed your cruise this week and have a great sailing next week.

FB16150B-5A9A-46D9-9FF5-0B2D2EB93E68.jpeg

Thank you for the opportunity to join you on your trip.  Driving to FLL now and will be on board tomorrow.  Safe travels to you.  

• Thanks 1

We did the Tulum and beach club tour. Weather was great at Tulum, very impressive site. Our guide whose Mayan name was IG Pop did a fantastic job of filling us in on the history of the Mayan people and the site which the correct name is Sama I believe. The stop at the Beach club was ok, a great lunch of Fajitas and fruit and salad. They said the water was bathtub warm. It started to rain just as we left. The (singer slash musician) left something to be desired. I guess if you are not that good just play loud. We were the last on the ship it made for a long day. After visiting Mayan sites three of the last four days I believe we have now visited just about all the sites in the region, with the exception of a couple. Time to pack and prepare for our 17 days on the Eurodam starting Sunday.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chrysalis said:

We were told this morning that there have been 300 last minute cancellations and that there will be 1600 pax on the cruise starting tomorrow.

Yipee! I can’t even fathom a half full ship!  We sail tomorrow!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Corgidawgga said:

Princess has carried a fairly decent amount t of Channel make up.    Also, Clinique.   Is this still the case?

I checked the shop out this afternoon and they have Channel and Clinique plus other brands as well. The shop was well stocked.

36F77C10-6F89-44DE-AC28-8143F100B476.jpeg

27AABEC4-87FA-42D4-B468-EF105AD8B5F6.jpeg

A62FBA1E-DD7C-4A19-8EAE-300A1F86C2B3.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MidGaCruzers said:

Driving to FLL now and will be on board tomorrow.

Wishing you safe travels too and an awesome cruise. I think you will love the Sky Princess. We’ve enjoyed our 2 weeks on the ship!

4 hours ago, GonzoWCS said:

Beautiful!  KLM, where did the ship park in Cozumel, right near downtown or further south?

Thanks

We docked at the Puerta Maya cruise terminal. I don’t know if this is close to downtown Cozumel or not.