Live from the Sky Princess 11/20–12/4

KLM3164

2 hours ago, GonzoWCS said:

When we booked this cruise whilst on the Enchanted Princess the FCD looked up the numbers for us for both the 18 December Leg and the 28 December Leg.

18 December Leg was ~1500 with about 240 doing the 21 day portion.  That sample was taken 17 November..  Hope this helps

Cheers

And what were the actual numbers projected for the December 28th leg?

Just got back from the Costa Maya port area.  Nice stroll.  Did a little shopping.  Stopped for drinks at the Cantina Latina by the pool.  2 margueritas and a daquiri.  Took the palm tree glasses.  Don't know if that normal but when I tipped well our waiter said to.  So that's a Christmas present each for 2 daughters and one daughter boyfriend.  OK, I'm cheap that way.  But I'm paying for a March cruise for everybody so I have to cut corners somewhere.  It's not as though Powerball is helping.

Time now to wander the upper decks.  Maybe lunch at Salty Dog and see if it's as good as Hilton Head.     

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

We practically need an extra carryon for all our crap.  How my sinus spray got missed is a total embarrassment.  😀

DH was suggesting that we bring an extra case for our drugs and maybe set up shop?  LOL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

I was just scrolling and it struck me that my original response was a little snooty.  I certainly didn't mean it that way.  😊

I didn't think it was snooty.   There are plenty of snooty/snarky comments on here but your wasn't it!  LOL!

13 hours ago, jwattle said:

Ummm...no, but thank you. I was raised with Southern etiquette. I'll accept it, and either drink it, or give it to someone who will (most likely the first, as I don't like to waste things, and I'm not a champagne snob, look down on me if you will from your "Oceania cruiser" viewpoint)

FYI ....  The O in OCruisers stands for O in Ocean not Oceania.  

In fact we've never been on a Oceania cruise.   We mostly cruise on Princess.  

1 minute ago, cltnccruisers said:

Sure would be easy to undercut the ship prices for what little they have.  

No kidding!  We purchase a small bottle (4oz.) for $16 on the Queen Mary several years ago and then they sold out of it. 

1 hour ago, OCruisers said:

FYI ....  The O in OCruisers stands for O in Ocean not Oceania.  

In fact we've never been on a Oceania cruise.   We mostly cruise on Princess.  

Apologies for assuming the "O" stood for Oceania...I just thought so with the shade being  thrown on Princess welcome champagne...sorry😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am getting SO exciting following all your posts. We love the Eastern Caribbean swing and have done it many, many times (and love it), but haven't been to some of the Western Caribbean ports for some time, so we're especially looking forward to that. Thanks to you all for sharing. 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

I am getting SO exciting following all your posts. We love the Eastern Caribbean swing and have done it many, many times (and love it), but haven't been to some of the Western Caribbean ports for some time, so we're especially looking forward to that. Thanks to you all for sharing. 👍

It's been 20 years since we did a western....and Costa Maya is nothing like it looked back then.... many more stores to take your cash!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

I was just scrolling and it struck me that my original response was a little snooty.  I certainly didn't mean it that way.  😊

I didn’t think your response was snooty at all. I appreciate you and everyone else who is sharing their thoughts and experiences this week. Please continue!!!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, chrysalis said:

Here's hoping that the prime rib tonight is better than last cruise!

Weather was excellent today....and hoping for the same tomorrow.

If I am not mistaken, we turn our clocks back an hour tonight.

First I've heard of a time change.  Nothing on the daily sheet.  Have to pay attention to the announcements.

6 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

First I've heard of a time change.  Nothing on the daily sheet.  Have to pay attention to the announcements.

Perhaps ship's time might not change but I just googled Honduras and Belize time, and it's behind by 1 hour the time zone for Costa Maya

Dang, I missed the turtles. Went to El Faro today. A nice place on the beach for lunch and snorkeling, OK, but a pricey lunch and not much to see snorkeling from shore. I did not pay for the boat ride to the reef. Better opportunities await us on this trip. The strolling vendors were on us like flies.

OK well today definitely did not go as planned and took a bad turn this morning. Our party of 4 got off the ship and were planning to do fish pedicures and swim in the pool in the port area. Unfortunately while walking past the coffee kiosk my sandal caught on the raised lip of the concrete inserts (see attached) and I fell on my right side. I just wanted to get up and get the hell out of there but unfortunately my face was bleeding and I had security and a medical person surrounding me. I asked them to just clean the cut on my face and put a bandage on it so it could get back to the ship. Of course they had all sorts of paperwork they wanted me to complete and sign which made me very uncomfortable but after about 30 minutes they let me go back to the ship. I felt fine and was able to get up on my own and walk back to the ship. They wanted me to use a wheel chair but I refused as I really did feel ok. 

When we got back to the ship I asked security to take me to the medical area which they did. I was very impressed with the staff there and especially the female doctor who worked on me and I wish I remembered her name. She cleaned the wound on my face and recommended using Dermabond and not stitches for which I happily agreed. I also have a skinned up knee but a little Neosporin over the next couple days will do the trick. I’ve also got an ice pack for my eye where I hit the pavement which I will be using now in hopes of keeping the swelling down and not getting a black eye. However if I do get a black eye I’ll be the one around the ship wearing sunglasses on board. Or maybe if I can find an eye patch then I can be pirate girl. 🏴‍☠️ 

After spending about an hour in the medical area it was now around noon so decided to go to the IC cafe for some lunch. But I have to confess I was feeling sad about missing the Costa Maya port. I really wanted to look at the shops and see the pool. So at 1:00 my DH and I decided to venture out again only this time I was much more careful. I kept my head down so I could pay attention to wear I was walking. I’m glad we went back. I got an iced vanilla latte at the Starbucks kiosk which I needed. Walked through the shops and even stuck my toes in the pool. I also have to confess I decided I needed a little retail therapy after my morning debacle so I bought a pair of fire opal earrings. Jewelry will always make this girl feel better!

For future cruisers to Costa Maya I do want to put in a plug for a shore excursion vendor we’ve used in the past here. This is our second visit here and the last time we were here we booked an outside company and they are still in business. Their tours are much more reasonable than the ones on the ship and they were very professional. I would use them again and the only reason we didn’t use them today is because we had never spent time in the port area on our last trip 2 years ago. Next time we return I will book an excursion though this company. It is called The Native Choice and website is www.nativechoice.com.

Ciao for now!

73F121A4-2790-44F4-AF08-98C818E28F8A.jpeg

7EC97390-55CC-4C34-83EE-836550889BE6.jpeg

F7FDC660-7AB9-44B1-ABEE-894F1778E711.jpeg

59BB95F0-C7A3-4464-BC2C-B4604D971098.jpeg

• Like 4