Embark before assigned check-in time at Cape Liberty?

rubylake

Hi, we are assigned 1:30pm check-in time for our upcoming cruise in 6 days. We are hoping to get on the ship before that. Does anyone have experience in getting on the ship before the assigned time? If yes, how much in advance? If no, where did you wait? Thank you in advance.

5 minutes ago, rubylake said:

Does anyone have experience in getting on the ship before the assigned time? If yes, how much in advance? If no, where did you wait?

This can vary wildly - it all depends on the crowds when you show up. You may be able to get in line whenever or there could be a huge back up with earlier times. Other than the garage, not really anywhere to hang out away from the weather. Keep checking for earlier times. 

I wonder how they are handling RCL provided transpiration from Newark to Cape Liberty.

Will they really make people stand outside the  port, and make them wait for their assigned time? Or are they going to allow people taking RCL transportation to check in when the bus arrives??

I know in the past they normally wait for a bus to fill up at airport before they leave to Pier.

6 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

There's a reason for the assigned times currently. Please don't show up until your assigned time.

I think people showing up before their assigned time is what is causing all the long lines people have been complaining about. 

• Like 3

On 11/22/2021 at 10:17 AM, rubylake said:

Hi, we are assigned 1:30pm check-in time for our upcoming cruise in 6 days. We are hoping to get on the ship before that. Does anyone have experience in getting on the ship before the assigned time? If yes, how much in advance? If no, where did you wait? Thank you in advance.

My daughter and I were on the November 8th sailing and our boarding time was 12:30. They called us in at 11:30.  

You will wait outside, subject to the weather, as hundreds were on my October 17 sailing out of Bayonne. When I arrived at 11:20, cruisers with boarding times between 11-11:30, 11:30-12:00 & 12:00-12:30 were allowed to wait on the entry line. Those who waited in line not in any of these assigned group times were turned away. Their waiting in line only slowed the process for everyone. My assigned time was 12:00-12:30, I was on the ship at 11:50.

The entry process for October 24 was chaotic, it appeared as if everyone was on line & instructions from port personnel were not announced as done the week prior.

Having an 11:30a-12p embarkation slot and The Key on my boarding pass, I’m hoping to be one of the first ones aboard ship (that is, of course, after they’ve processed the Suite and Pinnacle guests). Getting so nervous now my hands start shaking when I think about all of this, my anxiety is in overdrive! And I’m still over a week away. LOL 🤪

1 hour ago, matt1 said:

Having an 11:30a-12p embarkation slot and The Key on my boarding pass, I’m hoping to be one of the first ones aboard ship (that is, of course, after they’ve processed the Suite and Pinnacle guests).

Matt, the entrance for suite/pinnacle is adjacent to the entry line for others, there will be railings differentiating the 2 entrances, with no one waiting at the suite line. I suggest you ask personnel welcoming guests at the suite line if having the key allows you to enter via the suite lane or check with the attendant at the "others" lane if you can go to the front of that line without having to wait in it. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/22/2021 at 10:17 AM, rubylake said:

We have only been on two RCCL cruises since restart and both times, they were checking times and having people wait. 

7 hours ago, meadowlander said:

Matt, the entrance for suite/pinnacle is adjacent to the entry line for others, there will be railings differentiating the 2 entrances, with no one waiting at the suite line. I suggest you ask personnel welcoming guests at the suite line if having the key allows you to enter via the suite lane or check with the attendant at the "others" lane if you can go to the front of that line without having to wait in it. 

In an RCI video (can’t find it right now to link here) detailing The Key benefits it mentioned that there would be a specific sign/line to look for that The Key holders would use, so I’m hoping it’s easy to locate. And since I’ll be there a little early to see the Tear Drop Memorial I’ll try and find it before actually heading for embarkation processing. I think I may have to at least post here on CC the embarkation experience once it’s completed and I’m in my stateroom. 

10 days and counting... 

😁

Edited by matt1