Sorry, 2 more questions regarding booking air thru Celebrity

mahdnc

I have never booked my air thru Celebrity before and I have two booking questions:

1. When I go through my Celebrity account on-line to book my air, I first make my outbound/return dates and guest selections.  When I get to the screen with my resulting choice of flights, I am unable to select anything as the "SELECT" button is grayed out (see photo).  I know that it is not web browser problem as I have tried a couple browsers.  It is not a problem specific to that sailing as I have this problem with my other sailings.  Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

2. Celebrity currently has a $100-$700 pp airfare promotion (thru Flights by Celebrity) which my March 2022 Apex sailing that I booked last week is eligible.  It is not clear to me how to get the promotion to apply.  When I look at pricing on Flights by Celebrity, they do not appear to be any cheaper than what I can see thru the airline's website.  Any thoughts on this?

I am ready to give up and call my TA, but I thought I would ask here first for some answers!

image.png.5773f4d80242867c6a1e69e62829cc

3 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I have never booked my air thru Celebrity before and I have two booking questions:

1. When I go through my Celebrity account on-line to book my air, I first make my outbound/return dates and guest selections.  When I get to the screen with my resulting choice of flights, I am unable to select anything as the "SELECT" button is grayed out (see photo).  I know that it is not web browser problem as I have tried a couple browsers.  It is not a problem specific to that sailing as I have this problem with my other sailings.  Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

2. Celebrity currently has a $100-$700 pp airfare promotion (thru Flights by Celebrity) which my March 2022 Apex sailing that I booked last week is eligible.  It is not clear to me how to get the promotion to apply.  When I look at pricing on Flights by Celebrity, they do not appear to be any cheaper than what I can see thru the airline's website.  Any thoughts on this?

I am ready to give up and call my TA, but I thought I would ask here first for some answers!

Don't fret it, if you have a TA, call him/her, see what they can do.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Curious as to this as well.  Please let us know what you find out.

So here is an interesting observation.  This morning I went online to the Flights by Celebrity booking website and now it has been adorned with gold banners with the proclamation, "SAVE $100 PER PERSON ON FLIGHTS".  And I have a list of flight choices that are clearly marked "REDUCED AIRFARE".  So I figured that was the answer to my question about how I would get the promotion applied when I book my air through Celebrity.

image.thumb.png.6b01d4ef18ef1b6b95a6de49b127aa02.png

The bad news is that the prices are no different than the screenshot I posted yesterday which did not say anything about the $100 pp promotion.

To make matters worse, when I go online to the airline website (United in my case), there is no significant difference in pricing.  In other words, there is no $100 pp savings. 

I am still unable to select any flights on the Flights By Celebrity web page. So that is the one disclaimer I will say which could explain this (but I doubt that it's the problem): I am unable to see what the return flights are thru the Celebrity website so I cannot be 100% sure that I am comparing exact apples to apples when comparing it to the United website.

image.thumb.png.7b2a8d797d0b7acaba11c66c537fc93c.png

Edited by mahdnc

@Oceangoer2, your suggestion (from the other thread which the link is above) works in that I do actually get a live SELECT button that works.  However it is expecting me to pick out flights as part of booking a new cruise.  One interesting thing is now the price reductions are showing.

image.thumb.png.678d196d4c9fada0528564e83c4885e5.png

I went ahead and called Flights By Celebrity just now.  I told the rep about my on-line problem.  She took down my description of the problem to "escalate" it.  So we will see.

I went ahead and did make a flight booking while I was on the phone.  Overall the phone experience was excellent.

It also occurred to me that I could go online thru my wife's account to see if the same problem exists.  However her account hasn't been used in a long time and I am too lazy to go through the password reset process right now.

Edited by mahdnc

8 hours ago, mahdnc said:

I went ahead and called Flights By Celebrity just now.  I told the rep about my on-line problem.  She took down my description of the problem to "escalate" it.  So we will see.

I went ahead and did make a flight booking while I was on the phone.  Overall the phone experience was excellent.

It also occurred to me that I could go online thru my wife's account to see if the same problem exists.  However her account hasn't been used in a long time and I am too lazy to go through the password reset process right now.

I am glad it worked out for you.  
Can you actually work on the same cruise from two different accounts?  I have thought one account has to “own” the reservation.  I will admit that I have not tried it in a long time.

1 minute ago, jagoffee said:

Can you actually work on the same cruise from two different accounts?  I have thought one account has to “own” the reservation.  I will admit that I have not tried it in a long time.

I am not sure.  And, if you are right, perhaps my account is not the main account which could be the problem?

2 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I am not sure.  And, if you are right, perhaps my account is not the main account which could be the problem?

Is your account usually the main account?

”My account” is actually my DW’s account.  My DW does none of the cruise planning, but years ago Celebrity had trouble with JR. in my name, which forced me to use her name. They may have fixed the problems by now, but I just stayed on her account.  I consider it my account using her name.

I have never used another on line account other than my own. A long time ago, I set up on line accounts for my wife and two kids so I could make sure their Capt Club status and points were correct. After we reached Elite, I stopped checking. 

I have always made online purchases (shore ex, etc) through my account. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/23/2021 at 8:51 PM, jagoffee said:

You can book using both    i have done it many times.    On occasion I found you can get a better rate booking two one ways instead of a RT.     When you have a booking you can't go back in and make an additional reservation on the same account.    I believe you can call in and they can do it.   I just use the other passenger and book the return.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1

On 11/22/2021 at 2:00 PM, mahdnc said:

Call Celebrity air directly. I’ll never book on line again. I knew the flights I wanted & called, booked the flights with seats I wanted. I did pay now (American won’t let you pick seats till ticketed). The price dropped 2 days later, called back & received the price drop to my credit card within 20 minutes. I’d much rather talk to a person 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Call Celebrity air directly. I’ll never book on line again. I knew the flights I wanted & called, booked the flights with seats I wanted. I did pay now (American won’t let you pick seats till ticketed). The price dropped 2 days later, called back & received the price drop to my credit card within 20 minutes. I’d much rather talk to a person 

I booked flight on AA prior to ticketing just this month. I upgraded some selections and when the flights changed and I cancelled I got refunded for upgrades within 24 hours. You just never know how things are going to happen right now.