Black Friday $300 OBC Applies to New and Previous Bookings

Lady Arwen

In over 20 years of dealing with Celebrity I was able to reprice a sailing in a sold out category ONCE and that was only after I learned of someone able to do it via their CVP on a roll call.   It took several escalations by my TA.

I don't think you are supposed to be able to do it.  TA's don't have visibility to the current fares when the category is sold out as far as I know.

• Thanks 1

Just now, wrk2cruise said:

In over 20 years of dealing with Celebrity I was able to reprice a sailing in a sold out category ONCE and that was only after I learned of someone able to do it via their CVP on a roll call.   It took several escalations by my TA.

I don't think you are supposed to be able to do it.  TA's don't have visibility to the current fares when the category is sold out as far as I know.

Makes sense. Realistically speaking, why would they give us a discount in fare if they have no more cabins in that cat.

• Like 2

My TA was on hold with Celebrity for about 2-1/2 hours.  Since the prevailing rate is substantially higher than what I paid for my 2023 Equinox cruise, not worth it to cancel & re-book for $300 OBC.  She did, however, manage to get me $150 OBC for my past final payment Reflection cruise this coming January.

I'll take it!!!

Here's what happened with me.  The "warehouse TA" was on hold with =X= for well over an hour.

As it turns out, I had a refundable fare for a Sky 1 on the Equinox 2022 Holiday voyage.  The entire retreat is sold out, and has been for months.    By converting to non-refundable, the price went down $230 and they gave me the add'l $300 OBC.  DW is quite confident we will take this voyage, so the risk seems worth it.  

Oh yeah...the shopping card went down $25 to an even $900.  They're also throwing in $50 off in a specialty restaurant.

Edited by marieps

I e-mailed my CVP this morning about my 11/3/2022 Equinox cruise and she is out until 12/6, so I called Celebrity directly. I was on hold for a little over 10 minutes and within 5 minutes, the phone rep had repriced my cruise and I got the $200 OBC for the Black Friday sale. I am in a sunset verandah on deck 7 and she first asked if I was interested in upgrading to concierge, but we have friends booked in the connecting SV cabin, so I chose to stay put.

The cruise fare decreased by $150, so a total savings of $350. I just booked this cruise at the beginning of November. Needless to say, I am very happy with the additional $350 in my pocket. The OBC will cover any needed upgrades to wifi & classic drink package while onboard.

• Like 1

Such fake news.  I almost booked last week and held out - now the same cruise fare

has gone from $3,131 per passenger to $5,444 per passenger.

With the 50% off 2nd passenger "savings" and the black friday "savings" the actual cost went from $3,131 to $3,695.

Thanks a bunch, Celebrity.  I'll wait for the "sale" to be over and book at a better price.

45 minutes ago, UKCatFan said:

The cruise fare decreased by $150, so a total savings of $350. I just booked this cruise at the beginning of November.

Precisely the same result for my  veranda on the Equinox 4 weeks before yours. 

BTW, I think we catch you this year in all-time BB wins.  January 29 should be exciting!

4 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

Some of your TA's are giving a sob story about these hold times. They can reprice online with a few clicks. 

I don't believe so with the 1 category CC upgrade.   It's also an onboard booking with reduced deposit so it's not as easy as cancel/rebook.

50 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Well after 1.5 hrs on hold with Celebrity my TA got flatly denied saying it was new bookings only.   Consistently inconsistent.  And frustrating.

Well I called Captains Club and was told it was doable and conferenced in my TA and got the Black Friday promo added within a couple of minutes.   I don't know who is more frustrated my TA or me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Only if your sailing is prior to 5/4/2022 and qualifies for Cruise With Confidence.

I think the poster above was saying that TA's have online tools for repricing.

I apologize, but I don’t see anywhere in the current Best Price Guarantee T&C where it mentions 5/4/2022. Now, if you’re referring to the previous Best Offer Guarantee for cruises booked prior to 10/31/2021, I thought the cruise-by date had been extended to 9/30/2022. But, again, I could be wrong.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

CwC  Best offer Guarantee

This applies to bookings made before December 17, 2021 for sailings up to May 4, 2022.

You are right about BPG but I never payed that any attention as it only seemed to be of use if you booked after final payment and the price happened to drop within 48 hrs.  Never thought to use that form to reprice a sailing.  I wouldn't have confidence that that pricing would be the same when they actually processed it.  Some of the online transactions like L&S took 3 weeks (yes personal experience).

3 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

CwC  Best offer Guarantee

This applies to bookings made before December 17, 2021 for sailings up to May 4, 2022.

You are right about BPG but I never payed that any attention as it only seemed to be of use if you booked after final payment and the price happened to drop within 48 hrs.  Never thought to use that form to reprice a sailing.  I wouldn't have confidence that that pricing would be the same when they actually processed it.  Some of the online transactions like L&S took 3 weeks (yes personal experience).

Well all I know is that we used the Best Offer Guarantee form a few months back to get a better deal on our two August 2022 cruises on the Summit, but maybe they’ve changed it back to May 4, 2022. Do you by chance have the link to the CwC Best Offer Guarantee T&C because I can’t seem to locate it anymore?

But since you are in the US you can reprice to the prevailing rates at anytime prior to final payment date.   It's always been that way.   The benefits of both of these other programs was after final payment.  The only benefit of Cwc prior to final payment was you could move a NRD reservation without the $100 pp admin fee.

If you scroll all the way down the main page you will see the cruise with confidence banner.  Click on that to they T&S

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

But since you are in the US you can reprice to the prevailing rates at anytime prior to final payment date.   It's always been that way.   The benefits of both of these other programs was after final payment.  The only benefit of Cwc prior to final payment was you could move a NRD reservation without the $100 pp admin fee.

If you scroll all the way down the main page you will see the cruise with confidence banner.  Click on that to they T&S

Thanks! It looks like they have adjusted it again, which is definitely good to know.

Best Offer Guarantee

If the fare on your sailing is reduced or the promotion gets better, give us a call and we’ll honor your choice right up to 48 hours before you sail. This applies to bookings made before December 17, 2021 for sailings up to May 4, 2022.

• You may change your offer as many times as desired up to 48 hours before sailing.
  • For bookings within final payment, any amounts owed will be refunded in the form of nonrefundable Onboard Credit. For bookings outside of final payment, any amounts owed will be refunded to the original form of cruise fare payment.
  • Bookings made after December 17, 2021, will be covered with our existing Best Price Guarantee policy.
  • Bookings made by UK & Ireland guests after December 17, 2021 will be covered by the existing Price Promise policy.
Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Thanks 1