All inclusive package

JenBelle

Please forgive, but searching was coming up with no answers. 

What type of alcohol is included in the “all inclusive package”?  It states gratuities are included, is that just tips on drinks? Or does it include the gratuities for entire cruise? It does not list laundry as included, but the description on past “all inclusive” says laundry is included. 
Also, my husband and I are not big drinkers. 

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciative,

Jennifer Jones 

January 6th Tahiti cruise 

Edited by JenBelle

From the Windstar website:

This ultimate beverage package includes all domestic and imported beer and 33 varieties of wine or sparkling wine by the glass plus cordials, liqueurs, aperitifs, cocktails, and mini-bar items.

Cocktails are based on house and select brands, and guests may choose from more than 40 liquors such as Grey Goose, Hendricks, Johnny Walker Black, Ketel One, Glenfiddich, Hennessy, and more (brands rotate and are subject to availability.)

During the summer, they had lowered the price of the all-in package, but simultaneously removed the inclusive laundry.  All gratuities are included, both for the tips on drinks and the hotel gratuities.  If you buy something with an upcharge (a bottle of wine, for example) you would be responsible for the gratuities on that.

For our upcoming French Polynesia cruise, I had booked with the original all-in package. When they lowered the price, I was allowed to take advantage of the price drop, but had to give up the laundry service in return.  

2 hours ago, Petoonya said:

Are the wines offered at dinner off the wine list?

Yes, all are off the wine list. All wines by glass are included in the package, bottles are not included but you get a discount with the package. You can see photos of the bar list and the wine list here (from Star Legend in September).

steamboats

As a fan of the laundry service which is great. I would never buy the laundry package because rates are so reasonable. I would have be be like my sister and send things out daily. To give you an idea we travel always with a carry on, we never check and I do not think we go the least bit dirty. 

( we are great packers :))) Have a great trip it is wonderful.

On 11/26/2021 at 3:17 AM, Petoonya said:

Husband and I might have 2 drinks and 2 wines/at dinner a day. But that's pushing it- most days, less.

The package is not for us or is it? Are the wines offered at dinner off the wine list?

When I've checked in the past, break-even for the beverage package is more than 5 drinks per day per person. ($59 divided by the higher end of $11 - but there are lots of drinks that are $8.50.)

At 4 cocktails/glasses of wine per day, it wouldn’t pay.

We are trying to figure out if this is a good deal for us or not on our Caribbean cruise in February. Here is what I did.

Calculated gratuities it covers ($14.50 pp/pd) $101.50 pp on our cruise for 7 days so $203.00

Calculated WiFi which is $250 for 7 days

The package is $79 pp/pd so $553 pp or $1100 for our cruise of 7 days.

Subtract the gratuities and WiFi from package price which leaves me $653 total we would be "paying" for alcohol.

Now the fun part...

1 bottle of wine at dinner for 6 nights @$50/bottle equals $300

2 beers a day for my DH @$8/beer equals $96

1 cocktail a day for me @$10 equals $60

We are drinking @$456 for the cruise.

Now, this does NOT take into account the gratuities you are paying for each drink ordered, the after dinner drink someone may or may not have, nor a second bottle of wine if one wants red and one wants white at dinner. And I'm assuming I will be off the ship for lunch. So if we add another $100 for those things we are up to $546 I'd be spending for alcohol.

$653 - $556 equals just about $100 difference.

Is it worth it? You do the math...

8 hours ago, Misty Morning said:

Ski Mom 2,

I thought the $250 unlimited internet package was on a per person basis which would make the All-In package more attractive

Well, when I read about purchasing the unlimited WiFi package for $250 for 7 days it stated only 1 device at a time could be connected. I figured if a couple were to purchase the package they would share it and only have one at a time on line. Therefore, the WiFi would only cost me $250 to purchase separately and not $500 (typically I'm the one posting and emailing anyway).

But your point is well taken.

If you would both purchase the WiFi package individually, by all means subtract another WiFi charge at the beginning. But we wouldn't be doing that therefore, the math is still the math for us.

On 11/30/2021 at 6:59 PM, a flygirl said:

I spoke to Windstar this am regarding the package and there is just a beer and wine package for 49.99 plus gratuity @ 15%. 

That might make better sense for some. 

The math works out about the same. Prices for a glass of wine run from 8.50 to 11 so probably average less than 10 a glass. If drinking just wine, break-even is over 5 glasses per person per day. Beers are less so even more drinks a day to break-even.

Depending on loyalty level, there can be a 5 or 10% discount on beverage packages, but that doesn't change the results much. Break-even is still around 5 or more a day.

On 11/29/2021 at 10:33 PM, Ski Mom 2 said:

We are trying to figure out if this is a good deal for us or not on our Caribbean cruise in February. Here is what I did.

Calculated gratuities it covers ($14.50 pp/pd) $101.50 pp on our cruise for 7 days so $203.00

Calculated WiFi which is $250 for 7 days

The package is $79 pp/pd so $553 pp or $1100 for our cruise of 7 days.

Subtract the gratuities and WiFi from package price which leaves me $653 total we would be "paying" for alcohol.

Now the fun part...

1 bottle of wine at dinner for 6 nights @$50/bottle equals $300

2 beers a day for my DH @$8/beer equals $96

1 cocktail a day for me @$10 equals $60

We are drinking @$456 for the cruise.

Now, this does NOT take into account the gratuities you are paying for each drink ordered, the after dinner drink someone may or may not have, nor a second bottle of wine if one wants red and one wants white at dinner. And I'm assuming I will be off the ship for lunch. So if we add another $100 for those things we are up to $546 I'd be spending for alcohol.

$653 - $556 equals just about $100 difference.

Is it worth it? You do the math...

Thanks. The intangible benefit it not having to worry about anything. No chits to sign, etc.

• Like 1

We added the $79/day all inclusive to an upcoming trip on Windsurf (12/18).  The total was just that - $79/pp/day.  There was no extra "beverage gratuities" fee. Paying drinks one-by-one will incur that cost.

We're probably borderline as to breaking even, but as @milepig stated, it's about not signing through the day, not thinking when nodding yes to the server at dinner who says "another glass of wine?" and so on.